What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

One of PAF's C-130 Squadron (21TTS) participated in the exercise called ''Mobility Guardian" in USA in August 2017,
Hence, all the participants supported the badge.
@Arsalan

36299369356_50c96835be_o.jpg

38995599631_b500a48833_b.jpg
This C130 desperately needs a fresh coat of paint.

China's AT200 cargo drone makes maiden flight

China's AT200 cargo drone makes maiden flight Source: Xinhua| 2017-10-27 20:21:13|Editor: Mengjie China's heaviest cargo unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) AT200 prepares for its maiden flight in Neifu Airport in Pucheng, northwest China's Shaanxi Province, Oct. 26, 2017. China's heaviest cargo unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) completed its maiden flight in northwest China's Shaanxi Province Thursday. With a maximum take-off weight of around 3.4 tonnes and a payload of 1.5 tonnes, the AT200 could be one of the world's most powerful civilian UAVs. (Xinhua)
136710480_15091086328091n.jpeg

1 Feb 1979
C-130B #23488 of the Pakistan Air Force jumped chocks during night engine test run, collided with #10687 and was written-off.

1 Feb 1979
C-130E #10687 of the Pakistan Air Force hit by #23488 when it jumped chocks during night engine test run, written-off. Hull at Lahore, June 1981.

Pakistan is in dire need of overhauling its tactical and strategic airlift capabilities. This is required not only for defense but for humanitarian aids in time of natural disasters like floods, droughts, and quakes. C-130s are too old. There are numerous of other options within reach, only missing link is will and vision among higher command of PAF.

Pakistan is in dire need of overhauling its tactical and strategic airlift capabilities. This is required not only for defense but for humanitarian aids in time of natural disasters like floods, droughts, and quakes. C-130s are too old. There are numerous of other options within reach, only missing link is will and vision among higher command of PAF.
PAF Herks are being given a structural and cockpit overhaul. Will continue to soldier on until 2020 at the minimum.

PAF Herks are being given a structural and cockpit overhaul. Will continue to soldier on until 2020 at the minimum.
İ witnessed one C-130 undergoing structural overhaul in Chaklala this January. İt's wings were removed. I have a few snaps of the engine being repaired. I'll post them later on. BTW, after the upgrade, they are bound to operate late into the 2020s.

İ witnessed one C-130 undergoing structural overhaul in Chaklala this January. İt's wings were removed. I have a few snaps of the engine being repaired. I'll post them later on. BTW, after the upgrade, they are bound to operate late into the 2020s.

@fatman17

PAF's 130th AED overhauls the C-130 fleet. They had a ceremony last year around this time to celebrate the 50th overhaul.

Sir that is indeed a good news but I am more concerned about the capability overhauling instead of fleet overhauling. What I mean is, Pakistan armed forces, particularly army, needs a strategic airlift capability to take full advantage of any opportunity that might offer itself to us during a war in far off and difficult to reach areas. Just imagine if we had strong airlift in 1984, the history of Siachen would have been written in a very different manner. Indian tactical and battlefield achievements in 1984, 1999 and 1948 in Kashmir were made possible due to the existence of a superior support arm in which logistics plays a key role. In kargil, PA had a clear vantage point on Leh-Srinagar road passing through Darass sector and movement of Indian supply vehicles were challenged for many days by PA but it was the airlift capability of IA which kept their troops in North supplied with arms, ammunition, food and other stuff required...

By developing Y-20 Chinese have realized this ... despite building roads to the very end no nation can deny the importance of tactical and strategic airlift. when a road is constructed, it becomes a fixed target. The enemy always knows where it is, how to destroy it but if the road is supplemented with airlift, it provides a redundant connectivity and supply means when and where is required. Indians have pumped a considerable amount of money in this area, whereas PA still relying on old C-130s. There must be other platforms to complements existing fleet along with some heavy lifting helicopters to keep the troops with supplies in Northern areas where daily or routine sorties are not possible due to weather conditions. Lack of this led to PA losing Jinnah Post in Siachen, Remember!

Today In Aviation History

On March 1, 1963, Lockheed C-130B Hercules four-engine turboprop military transport aircraft inducted into Pakistan Air Force fleet. C-130 Hercules has been the PAF's primary tactical transport aircraft since its induction. https://t.co/hVbTqNGihT
IMG_20180301_185311.jpeg

1963 - C-130s
2018 - Still C-130s

This explains everything went wrong with PAF's air lifting planning.

Back
Top Bottom