What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

My shot - Pakistan Airforce fleet... 3X IL78 Tankers and 5X C130 Hercules (2 clearly visible) in a single shot ;)

View attachment 429393

Now that is one GREAT SHOT.
but is it not too dangerous to accumulate most of our transport and tankers at one place too dangerous. Just like what happened to the Saab Eeriyes or the P3Cs of Navy.

Now that is one GREAT SHOT.
but is it not too dangerous to accumulate most of our transport and tankers at one place too dangerous. Just like what happened to the Saab Eeriyes or the P3Cs of Navy.
Yep, AF waiting for PIA to move out of the civilian side of the airport, in other words waiting for new civil airport to commence ops

IMG_20171018_104918.jpeg

Bristol freighter - workhorse of PAF; Pre C130 era
Love it, in my childhood took many rides on it and also on C130.
Golden memories.

Sir, please post more often.

I would love to know more about your experiences and memories.

Picking up 10 - Y-20 would be good investment , investment with 25 years forward thinking.
Or picking up used C130 would also be good idea.

However , I assume the Y-20 would have better avionics and better flying controls and would be a real modernization of Transport areas of Military

Adding used C130 would also be quite acceptable as we have support for that aircraft

Last edited:
No good!
Too small compared to what we use currently so wont fit it as a replacement. Y-9 is a suitable cadidate with performance matching that of C-130J

An added advantage of going to China is that we get a chance to include strategic airlift options as well in shape of Y20

Picking up 10 - Y-20 would be good investment , investment with 25 years forward thinking.
Or picking up used C130 would also be good idea.

However , I assume the Y-20 would have better avionics and better flying controls and would be a real modernization of Transport areas of Military

Adding used C130 would also be quite acceptable as we have support for that aircraft
C130 and Y20 are different category planes. Y20 will be considered ONLY if the demand is to go for strategic airlift options. Currently that is the role being performed by Il-78 in some capacity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom