What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

AFM August 2017

The Pakistan Air Force has been highly effective against terrorists in Pakistan’s FATA region and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets have been at the forefront of its combat operations, as Alan Warnes explains.

Any thing new ??

India is installing ASEA radar on its JAGUAR:::::Why pakistan not put ASEA on mirages and put Rd 93 engine. Because mirages airframe is still useful and worth to make so...South Africa also did so....

Why Pakistan not go further and assembel F-7 PG at Kamra will be cheap and upgrade existing also with new WS-13 engine, ASEA Radar, CFT, and data link with Air born Early warning data link....very cheap and effective......to defend air space....

with CFT there will be more hard point available and WS-13 will give more thrust to compensate CFT.....

BVR capable F-7PG are hell with airborn surviliance data link to defend air space...

IMG_20170814_102401.jpeg
IMG_20170814_102408.jpeg

@Windjammer , I wonder what that gentleman is doing now? Lost touch with him a long time back.
Haseeb, Sulheri, Ahsan.....all based in AHQ.....desk jobs and marketing mostly...as far as i know but will try to find out more about this gentleman.

Has block ll production completed. 50 aircraft.
For Allah's sake sir pls get my point behind this simple question. Even a fool knows that production of block ii not completed but I read here and there that PAF shall order block-iii in 2017. First order is placed then production is started. There are reports that design work of block iii is already completed.
Our adversary deliveries of Rafael is going to start in 2018, and we are still planning. Even IAF Jaguars getting upgrades.
The question more relates to concerns of a layman.

I t
For Allah's sake sir pls get my point behind this simple question. Even a fool knows that production of block ii not completed but I read here and there that PAF shall order block-iii in 2017. First order is placed then production is started. There are reports that design work of block iii is already completed.
Our adversary deliveries of Rafael is going to start in 2018, and we are still planning. Even IAF Jaguars getting upgrades.
I think prototype not yet ready ... on paper design is ready but prototype needs to be tested first as definitely there are some minute airframe changes atleat with nose cone ...

I t

I think prototype not yet ready ... on paper design is ready but prototype needs to be tested first as definitely there are some minute airframe changes atleat with nose cone ...
One should hope that there should be no compromises on the basis of cost and even if block three cannot be at par it should be at least challenging to Rafael. As given here it should have more powerful engine, frontal low RCS, IRST,AESA and capable HOBS WVR AAM, with new BVR (more range and kill zone).

The crap about man behind machine should be stopped and PAF/Govt should also search for new plat form to counter Rafael.

Mind your language. You are talking to a very senior poster here.

I think idea is same ... blk 3 is going to be top end ... although in terms of range it might be difficult to beat rafael but I think plan of PAF is to get 80% to 90% capability of top end fighters and then field them in numbers ... With the help od AWACS, ground radars, it will be deadly for any invading force ...

India is installing ASEA radar on its JAGUAR:::::Why pakistan not put ASEA on mirages and put Rd 93 engine. Because mirages airframe is still useful and worth to make so...South Africa also did so....

Why Pakistan not go further and assembel F-7 PG at Kamra will be cheap and upgrade existing also with new WS-13 engine, ASEA Radar, CFT, and data link with Air born Early warning data link....very cheap and effective......to defend air space....

with CFT there will be more hard point available and WS-13 will give more thrust to compensate CFT.....

BVR capable F-7PG are hell with airborn surviliance data link to defend air space...

Eventually, the Thunder will replace all lower tier aircraft. It may take some time, but it will happen eventually. So instead of spending money on upgrading the PGs, its better to spend that money in getting more Thunders and researching 5th gen. Also, it looks like PAF is seriously considering a 'plus one' option, that is, a 4+ gen aircraft in addition to Thunder. This is the direction in which we should be thinking.

I think idea is same ... blk 3 is going to be top end ... although in terms of range it might be difficult to beat rafael but I think plan of PAF is to get 80% to 90% capability of top end fighters and then field them in numbers ... With the help od AWACS, ground radars, it will be deadly for any invading force ...

The real challenge which Rafael presents is superiority of EW package, superiority of weapons package, and top notch situational awareness for the pilot. These things make it extremely dangerous. The good new is that Rafale will pose a danger to China as well.

You might not have noticed, but high end research done for J-20 is slowly trickling down to J-10C and JF-17 as well. Since we share the threat with China, we will work in consort with them to develop a solution for this threat. As long as PAF is alert and works hard to counter this threat, Insha Allah, there is nothing to fear.

It's not so much the Block-III will be in the high-end, rather, it will be the newer block and as such carry the systems of the day (i.e. today it is AESA radars et. al). If the PAF decides to stretch JF-17 induction to 200 or 250 jets, then we'd see Block-IV and Block-V. The big question will be the fate of the Block-I and Block-II. Will they be upgraded to a future block, stay as they are or be sold?

Exactly this is what I meant, but the sub-systems we are referring to present in the cutting edge fighters of today ... By high end I meant that it is expected to be much advanced than blk II ...

AESA, probably HMDS, Targeting Pods, IRST pods so all this will be way ahead of current blocks ...
It's not so much the Block-III will be in the high-end, rather, it will be the newer block and as such carry the systems of the day (i.e. today it is AESA radars et. al). If the PAF decides to stretch JF-17 induction to 200 or 250 jets, then we'd see Block-IV and Block-V. The big question will be the fate of the Block-I and Block-II. Will they be upgraded to a future block, stay as they are or be sold?

Eventually, the Thunder will replace all lower tier aircraft. It may take some time, but it will happen eventually. So instead of spending money on upgrading the PGs, its better to spend that money in getting more Thunders and researching 5th gen. Also, it looks like PAF is seriously considering a 'plus one' option, that is, a 4+ gen aircraft in addition to Thunder. This is the direction in which we should be thinking.

The real challenge which Rafael presents is superiority of EW package, superiority of weapons package, and top notch situational awareness for the pilot. These things make it extremely dangerous. The good new is that Rafale will pose a danger to China as well.

You might not have noticed, but high end research done for J-20 is slowly trickling down to J-10C and JF-17 as well. Since we share the threat with China, we will work in consort with them to develop a solution for this threat. As long as PAF is alert and works hard to counter this threat, Insha Allah, there is nothing to fear.
Rafael will take atleast 2 to 3 years for integration with the system ... I think situational awareness is key for thunder to overcome its weakness inherited from light weight design ...

Back
Top Bottom