What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Sir, Thunder has no 'weakness inherited from light weight design'.
Sir light weight design has following weakness ..

Short range
Engine failure could be fatal
Less no of weapon stations and less weight carrying capability
Less number of internal subsystems can be incorporated within airframe in comparison to medium and heavy weight ...

So sir keight weight has its advantages as well as disadvantages ..

Sir light weight design has following weakness ..

Short range
Engine failure could be fatal
Less no of weapon stations and less weight carrying capability
Less number of internal subsystems can be incorporated within airframe in comparison to medium and heavy weight ...

So sir keight weight has its advantages as well as disadvantages ..

Sir, short range -> air 2 air refueling

Engine failure -> Shoddy Indian argument. There wouldn't be any single engine fighter in the world if this were true.

Payload -> more aircraft.

Sir, short range -> air 2 air refueling

Engine failure -> Shoddy Indian argument. There wouldn't be any single engine fighter in the world if this were true.

Payload -> more aircraft.
ir air to air refueling is available for heavy weight aircrafts as well ... so if both are available still range of twin engine is high ...

twin engine is not an indian argument but a fact ...

Payload more aircraft I would have agreed but unfortunately we are already short of aircrafts so this argument is invalid

ir air to air refueling is available for heavy weight aircrafts as well ... so if both are available still range of twin engine is high ...

twin engine is not an indian argument but a fact ...

Payload more aircraft I would have agreed but unfortunately we are already short of aircrafts so this argument is invalid

Sir, white house ko bomb karnay ka irada hai kiya?

It's not the reason why forces invest in twin engine aircraft.

The money for twin engine is best invested in single engine.

India is installing ASEA radar on its JAGUAR:::::Why pakistan not put ASEA on mirages and put Rd 93 engine. Because mirages airframe is still useful and worth to make so...South Africa also did so....

Why Pakistan not go further and assembel F-7 PG at Kamra will be cheap and upgrade existing also with new WS-13 engine, ASEA Radar, CFT, and data link with Air born Early warning data link....very cheap and effective......to defend air space....

with CFT there will be more hard point available and WS-13 will give more thrust to compensate CFT.....

BVR capable F-7PG are hell with airborn surviliance data link to defend air space...
Because manufacturing process involved means that airframe is limited to less than 2000 hours vs 4-5 thousand before midlife upgrade for current fighters. So no, you are wrong they dont have much life left. Current mirages have gone multiple rebuilds in mirage rebuild factory, Infact i think even the fuselage portion are running out of life. Ecen if pushed they would be prpblems beyound 2025
So there is no option other than new jf17

One should hope that there should be no compromises on the basis of cost and even if block three cannot be at par it should be at least challenging to Rafael. As given here it should have more powerful engine, frontal low RCS, IRST,AESA and capable HOBS WVR AAM, with new BVR (more range and kill zone).

The crap about man behind machine should be stopped and PAF/Govt should also search for new plat form to counter Rafael.
Why do you want more powerful engine
AESA,IRST are likely , HMD will be there if available
jauguars are due to retire by 2030 beforw that they wil get an expensive upgrade around 2025. Remember orginally this upgarde was plannes for 2000s it seem it will be implemented 20 years late

Sir, white house ko bomb karnay ka irada hai kiya?

It's not the reason why forces invest in twin engine aircraft.

The money for twin engine is best invested in single engine.
Lolzzz ... sir irady ka na pochn werna bht kuch tabah hosakta ha ... lolzzz ...

On serious node sir i agree that Pakistan do not intend for deep strike in india and same will be done through stand-off ammunition but from neutral point these are limitations of light weight aircrafts and no matter what ... it will remain as it is ...

We have made our strategies as per our budget constraints but i am sure if we had budget we would gone for few squadrons of heavy weights as well to provide us much needed flexibility ...

Lolzzz ... sir irady ka na pochn werna bht kuch tabah hosakta ha ... lolzzz ...

On serious node sir i agree that Pakistan do not intend for deep strike in india and same will be done through stand-off ammunition but from neutral point these are limitations of light weight aircrafts and no matter what ... it will remain as it is ...

We have made our strategies as per our budget constraints but i am sure if we had budget we would gone for few squadrons of heavy weights as well to provide us much needed flexibility ...

It is unfortunate that 'air campaign' conjures images of hundreds of aircrafts bombing a helpless enemy. A war between two well armed, well trained nations will not be like Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria. In modern aerial warfare, large aircraft without LO, Radar avoidance, and stealthy features will become a liability. Here are the relevant choices: F-22, F-15, F-18, Rafale, EFT, SU-35, J-20. That's it. How many nations can afford them in large numbers?

It is unfortunate that 'air campaign' conjures images of hundreds of aircrafts bombing a helpless enemy. A war between two well armed, well trained nations will not be like Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria. In modern aerial warfare, large aircraft without LO, Radar avoidance, and stealthy features will become a liability. Here are the relevant choices: F-22, F-15, F-18, Rafale, EFT, SU-35, J-20. That's it. How many nations can afford them in large numbers?
Our adversary is fielding 2 squadrons of those high end fighters ...

So i completely agree that mki has no advantage over vipers and thunders in blk 3 configuration will eat them raw unless mkis got updated ... however india is putting much higher numbers of mki, mirrage and fulcrums whereas rafael is also on the way ...

Our adversary is fielding 2 squadrons of those high end fighters ...

So i completely agree that mki has no advantage over vipers and thunders in blk 3 configuration will eat them raw unless mkis got updated ... however india is putting much higher numbers of mki, mirrage and fulcrums whereas rafael is also on the way ...

And a few twin engine aircraft ain't gonna make any difference.

The SHOW STOPPERS of today's Airshow in #Islamabad.
Wing Commander Yasir Mudassar (JF-17)
Captain Erhan Günar (F-16, @soloturk) https://t.co/wZpUBQDWe0
IMG_20170815_095138.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom