What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

China and Turkey are making almost the same helicopter in form of t-625. Maybe we could get that along with t129 atak for much better price.
What say u guys???
Yes it seems all 3 armed forces have decided to get this heli as a standard platform. This is good as commonality will bring benefits.

China and Turkey are making almost the same helicopter in form of t-625. Maybe we could get that along with t129 atak for much better price.
What say u guys???
Till older gets retired more cant be brought in. T625 is years away, late 2018 first flight and then testing from there 6-10 years before first gets inducted. So for now tried and tested platform more preferred.

We need, light, medium and heavy. Fennecs as light, aw139/bell 214/pumas as medium and mi17 in heavy category.

17-002 means, it came into service in 2017 and 002 means its the 2nd chopper which came in service in 2017.

From what i heard the number is 4-6 helicopters but not sure if all will come in one batch.
I spotted 2 AW-139 yesterday performing rehearsals here in Islamabad, both operated by PAF in the low vis scheme.

I spotted 2 AW-139 yesterday performing rehearsals here in Islamabad, both operated by PAF in the low vis scheme.
Recently (2016/2017), three Army and three AF AW139 have been seen on pre-delivery test flights in Italy, wearing temporary Italian civil registration marks.
Three were delivered this June (to PAF?) whereas the Army received theirs last August. Could be some more pending delivery...

Not sure as navy had z9 but perhaps to replace Aulloute iii like army and af for sar role aw139 has app 1000 km range which for its class is pretty impressive there are 20-30 aullotes in pa plus another 10-15 in af and 8/9 in pn so total of about 40-50

There are 11 aw139 , 5 being flown for disaster MGMT and rest for Vvip fleet ??

And now mod orders

Quote of the Day

Muhammad Ali: Superman don’t need no seat belt.
Flight Attendant: Superman don’t need no airplane, either.

-- quoted by Clifton Fadiman, 'The Little, Brown Book of Anecdotes,' 1985

IMG_20170811_165950.jpeg

Saudi Hawks

Back
Top Bottom