What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Looks like C-602.
Bn-6oj-CUAA1Tt0.jpg:large

Two different project lines. NxGF is planned to be survivable assett.
So, the future PAF is basically JF-17 NG (e.g., 4, 5, 6 etc) and a larger FGFA? If so, then it's well crafted -- implicit understanding that FGFAs may be tough to field in great numbers, need a proven and lower cost asset in concert.

So, the future PAF is basically JF-17 NG (e.g., 4, 5, 6 etc) and a larger FGFA? If so, then it's well crafted -- implicit understanding that FGFAs may be tough to field in great numbers, need a proven and lower cost asset in concert.
Perhaps we should use this opportunity to clear up the nomenclature.
1. FGFA = Project Azm
2. JF-17NG (Block 4+)
Is this about right? Not sure what NGF refers too. Perhaps FGFA = NGF = Azm? I'm still very confused.

1. FGFA = Project Azm
2. JF-17NG (Block 4+)
Is this about right? Not sure what NGF refers too. Perhaps FGFA = NGF = Azm? I'm still very confused.
IIRC Project AZM is a holistic project umbrella that includes creation of an Aviation City and centers of excellence at Kamra, as well as advanced UAVs and a fifth generation fighter.

IIRC Project AZM is a holistic project umbrella that includes creation of an Aviation City and centers of excellence at Kamra, as well as advanced UAVs and a fifth generation fighter.
I think originally what you said is indeed what was announced. However, I suspect they have changed the website (recently). It now reads:
upload_2019-8-30_17-36-50.png

https://www.pac.org.pk/avrid

Furthermore, all mention of UAV has been removed. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

1. FGFA = Project Azm
2. JF-17NG (Block 4+)

I think originally what you said is indeed what was announced. However, I suspect they have changed the website (recently). It now reads:
View attachment 576676
https://www.pac.org.pk/avrid

Furthermore, all mention of UAV has been removed. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
I agree. Project Azm should refer to the FGFA, while the JF-17NG would basically be the next JF-17 variant.

IIRC, PAC's AvRID page never included mention of the MALE UAV (see this post from 2018). I think they might have (nominally speaking) simplified Project Azm into just the FGFA, and everything else, be it drones, missiles, etc are all separate programs.

So, when a project is blueprinted, its characteristics are frozen. I am not aware of anything like 4,5,6,16,100. Building a brand new design is a major major undertaking eg NxGFA worth 100s of millions of $. Read about sustained highlift devices @JamD

I've been able to confirm PAF interest in AESA/PL-15 integration for JF-17 Block-III. It will enable JF-17s to engage targets at extended BVR ranges, where the aircraft itself will not be visible on enemy's radar due to low RCS. We're talking 150+ km.

Due to the integration of AESA radar, the JF-17s will not only become resistant to enemy's jamming but will have on station jamming, EW capabilities of their own. This will be further enhanced by the integration of a modular plug & play EW pod, mounted on the chin hard point.

Back
Top Bottom