What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Hi,

Look at the body language difference between IK and the ACM---.

IK is like The Boss---one leg on top of other and shoe pointing directly at---.

The ACM is sitting with both his feet planted on the ground---one hand over the other---in front and protecting his jewels---with a happy smile on his face--.

It is amazing how things have changed in the military---. Every one of those generals is ready to say---" Sir---how high sir " with a smile on their faces---.
Future requirements of PAF might discussed. I hope Air Cheif would say no to Russian jet.

Military Capabilities

Pakistan Air Force moves into former Islamabad airport

Alan Warnes, Rawalpindi - Jane's Defence Weekly

15 May 2019

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has taken over Islamabad's former Benazir Bhutto International Airport, located on the outskirts of the adjacent city of Rawalpindi. PAF Base Nur Khan, which had previously shared the runway and taxiways with the airport, is now responsible for the large passenger terminal and the adjacent ramp where the airliners once parked.

Il-78 aircraft have now moved onto the ramp of Pakistan's former Benazir Bhutto International Airport, which has now become part of PAF Base Nur Khan. (Alan Warnes)

The large apron is now home to No 10 Squadron's four Il-78 multirole tanker transport aircraft, which can now taxi to the runway without having to manoeuvre around the PAF's other aircraft. In the near future the PAF's passenger terminal, which is currently housed inside a small building in the base's complex, will also be relocated.

There are several shelter areas at the airport that are used for drills or high levels of alert. During the recent stand-off with India, known locally as Operation 'Swift Retort', a detachment of PAF JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft were deployed to the base to defend Islamabad.
p1745480.jpg.jpeg

There was a short time during the early 90s when Vipers were grounded for 8-9 months after 2 crashes back to back. But after that they were flying regularly...that too under sanctions. My old man flew 500+ hours in the Viper between 91-94.

The spares kept coming, not as frequently, from both third party and GD.
Yes I recall those crashes were due to using parts past their expiration or something along those lines. Were dark times for PAF indeed.

Yes I recall those crashes were due to using parts past their expiration or something along those lines. Were dark times for PAF indeed.
It was a generic engine design flaw or turbine blade failures....something along those lines... for the PW F100s.

Maybe so but pictures don't lie.

Sir pictures can be photo-shopped. The problem is, in the absence of an official announcement, an encyclopedia entry will not state that JF-17 has a confirmed kill. This is the negative side-effect of holding back information. If someone was to argue with me, I would not be able to present a convincing argument.

Sir pictures can be photo-shopped. The problem is, in the absence of an official announcement, an encyclopedia entry will not state that JF-17 has a confirmed kill. This is the negative side-effect of holding back information. If someone was to argue with me, I would not be able to present a convincing argument.
The Thunder pilot is going to get SJ for his kill. These are not given for photo shopping. Plus wait for ACM upcoming interview to the author of this article where he confirms the Thunder kill. This article was penned before the author met with the Chief.

The Thunder pilot is going to get SJ for his kill. These are not given for photo shopping. Plus wait for ACM upcoming interview to the author of this article where he confirms the Thunder kill. This article was penned before the author met with the Chief.

Thank you Sir. Anxiously awaiting the article and awards ceremony.

The CAS confirmed the Su-30MKI kill in addition to the MiG-21 Bison. Also added that the IAF Mi-17 that was lost was shot down by its own side possibly by a MiG-21, in a ‘red on red’ incident. He reiterated that no PAF F-16 was lost.
Source Alan Warnes

Polish forces commander discusses mutual interests with Pak air chief

May 21, 2019

Commander Polish Armed Forces Lieutenant General Jaroslaw Mika visited Air Headquarters Islamabad, called on the Air Chief and discussed issues of bilateral interests with him here on Tuesday.

Upon his arrival at Air HQs, a smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Air Force presented him the Guard of Honour. Commander Polish Armed Forces paid homage to the martyrs of PAF by laying floral wreath on Martyrs’ Monument.

The visiting dignitary called on Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan during which various matters pertaining to regional security and areas of mutual cooperation came under discussion.

Commander Polish Armed Forces lauded the sound professionalism of PAF. Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan appreciated the enviable relations between both the air forces and also acknowledged the key role played by pioneering Polish officers in the development and modernization of PAF in its early years.

Both the dignitaries agreed to further enhance and expand mutual cooperation and defence ties between two countries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom