What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

It is already gone in production the air frames are being produced already. The air frame is some what similar to block 2 with slight changes.

Nope I was reading the chief designers interview.

It has more composite material than block 2.
Have you seen it?

Have you seen it?
Nope I have not.

I read it.

Yang said that the development and batch production for the JF-17 Block 3 are going simultaneously, thanks to the broad experience.

Wei said this probably means while the upgrades like the new AESA radar are still in development, the airframe, which remains roughly the same, can be manufactured without waiting.

Once new developments are complete, they can be fitted on the airframe very fast, ensuring a quick delivery time, Wei said.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1141710.shtml

It is a bit old article and aesa for JF-17 is already here.

United Nations Former Expert Adviser on Human Rights Mr Ansar Burney and Mrs Shaheen Burney along with Base Commander, Air Commodore Muhammad Sarfraz (Masroor AFB) visited the grave of 1965 HERO Air Commodore MM Alam and offered Fateha. https://t.co/lYQ20amxmQ

United Nations Former Expert Adviser on Human Rights Mr Ansar Burney and Mrs Shaheen Burney along with Base Commander, Air Commodore Muhammad Sarfraz (Masroor AFB) visited the grave of 1965 HERO Air Commodore MM Alam and offered Fateha. https://t.co/lYQ20amxmQ
MM Alam grave
IMG_20190527_130813.jpeg

some how they are not accepting that SD-10 also out gunned them comprehensively
Let them not accept it in public but in private they are really rattled by the performance of PAF. This is about building a narrative so they dont cause mass hysteria.
For the Joe public it is acceptable that the Gora produce gave a hammering to their roosi mijjjiles and fighters but they 2ill not accept the cheeni maal which they project as third rate to beat their forces. Be it so the writing is very much on the wall.

A

Fatman theior Su 30 r over hyped and also shown big flaws I don't think Israeli Derby will help them why Isreal using huge numbers of AMRAAMs?
Firm believer in training and tactics.

Could the PAF induct an Italian radar and weapons package for the JF17 that is equipped with the Meteor missile?

PAF had originally looked at French subsystems but this didnot proceed with France viewing greater opportunities. Given the state of relations between Italy and India and Pakistan, could Pakistan proceed with one of the Leonardo derivatives for the AESA radar and get the Meteor ?

Will really upset the India's...

Imagine the horror the IAF will face, in detecting a JF17, but not knowing if they are gonna get a SD10B, or a PL15 or a Meteor rammed up their arses !!!!! How do you counter those three possibilities????

Could the PAF induct an Italian radar and weapons package for the JF17 that is equipped with the Meteor missile?

PAF had originally looked at French subsystems but this didnot proceed with France viewing greater opportunities. Given the state of relations between Italy and India and Pakistan, could Pakistan proceed with one of the Leonardo derivatives for the AESA radar and get the Meteor ?

Will really upset the India's...

Imagine the horror the IAF will face, in detecting a JF17, but not knowing if they are gonna get a SD10B, or a PL15 or a Meteor rammed up their arses !!!!! How do you counter those three possibilities????
Dont you think it will be difficult to connect chinese missile with italian radar you know what i mean.

Dont you think it will be difficult to connect chinese missile with italian radar you know what i mean.

What I am saying is you wont need to.. ie IRIS-T and ASRAAM for WVR, Meteor for long range coupled with a western radar. A closed system of European weapon and a seperate ecosystem of weapons that are western in origin.

There is enough JF17s to integrate Chinese stuff onto, but this way you still have a foot in the door as far as European systems go and you increase the overall capability of the platform.

What I am saying is you wont need to.. ie IRIS-T and ASRAAM for WVR, Meteor for long range coupled with a western radar. A closed system of European weapon and a seperate ecosystem of weapons that are western in origin.

There is enough JF17s to integrate Chinese stuff onto, but this way you still have a foot in the door as far as European systems go and you increase the overall capability of the platform.

Brilliant idea actually. Leonardo has a Grif-E which is an AESA. Probably not GaN but should be good enough. Even if this is done for 18 odd birds, you could have 6 each in the three commands that would mix things up for the PAF and keep the IAF guessing.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom