What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

My next Wish list is LM office in Pak F-16 made in Pak along F35 in future replacement .

I see more along electronics
Our Air Cheif also wants advance jet trainer with after burner engines could be one reason as well. But if Italians r in then Frenchs r out from Pak defence sector for good .

I understand the maintenance if the 3/5 is different than the M2K, I was referring to integrating Ra'ad etc. But like you said, doesn't matter if the UAE isn't selling. Another option is to get the Qatari ones and then add a few ex-French ones.
I was told the Frogs were asking 60 million per platform for their 59 M2K5s in 2002 although the spares were substantial. With the latest crumbs being picked up of the Indian table they will not be interested in jeoperdising the deal. My take is this is a false news. The time for M2Ks has come and gone.
Onwards to block3 and if required intermediate platform.
A

I was told the Frogs were asking 60 million per platform for their 59 M2K5s in 2002 although the spares were substantial. With the latest crumbs being picked up of the Indian table they will not be interested in jeoperdising the deal. My take is this is a false news. The time for M2Ks has come and gone.
Onwards to block3 and if required intermediate platform.
A
60 million for used copy wow French were high on theior French wines even today u can buy brand new F16 at around same price and according to LM F35 price they expecting around 75 million per copy down the road thanks God Pak didn't buy that used jet

60 million for used copy wow French were high on theior French wines even today u can buy brand new F16 at around same price and according to LM F35 price they expecting around 75 million per copy down the road thanks God Pak didn't buy that used jet
It was with plenty of spares good enough for 15 to 20 years but still too expensive. It might have been their way of saying buy the Rafale instead. It is important to note that inspite of having deeper pockets even IAF has not ventured this way. Even their upgrade programme was a hefty 45 million a pop.

A

My next Wish list is LM office in Pak F-16 made in Pak along F35 in future replacement.
Sorry to disappoint, but 70% of that is already in India.

Lockheed Martin Office with the F-16 wings soon to be developed there.

Nothing F-35 related...

I met ACM Jamal elder brother Air Com R Najeeb at Toronto he was bigbig fan of Leslie middlecoat I can see tear in his eyes when he was talking about him middlecoat shot down according to him at jamnager area he must have a great bond with him that he feels him even at this age Najeeb is very elderly now needs walker to walk around sometimes u lost someone who is very close to U and u feel him all ur life.

Armaachi 346 look pics in background?
Maybe I cannot disagree with you... But normally companies do put pic of their products in the office..

Sorry to disappoint, but 70% of that is already in India.

Lockheed Martin Office with the F-16 wings soon to be developed there.

Nothing F-35 related...
It's only if India buy theior F16s then they will allow them to produce wings along TATA its a sweetner with deal

It's only if India buy theior F16s then they will allow them to produce wings along TATA its a sweetner with deal
Sadly, i'd have to disagree with you once again.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-jet-in-india-with-partner-tata-idUSKCN1LK17T
ZBEs235N_reasonably_small.jpg

Lockheed to make wings for F-16 jet in India with partner Tata:

September 4, 2018

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Lockheed Martin will build wings for its F-16 combat plane in India with its local partner, Tata Advanced Systems Limited, an executive at the U.S. company said on Tuesday.

Lockheed is bidding for a contract - estimated at more than $15 billion - to supply the Indian air force with 114 combat planes, which must be all manufactured locally under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship Make in India program.

However, Vivek Lall, vice president of strategy and business development at Lockheed, said the proposed Indian production of the F-16 wings would not be contingent upon the company winning the order for the planes.

“Producing F-16 wings in India will strengthen Lockheed Martin’ strategic partnership with Tata and support Make in India,” the company said in a statement.

Modi has been pushing for local manufacturing that will provide jobs and also end the military’s dependence on imports.

Lockheed’s announcement came just days ahead of top level talks between the United States and India aimed at expanding defense ties.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will meet with Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.

Boeing has pitched its F/A-18 Super Hornet for the Indian contract as well as Sweden’s Saab with its Gripen fighter. France’s Dassault Systemes SE’s Rafale, the Eurofighter Typhoon and Russian aircraft are also in the fray.

Lall said Lockheed had offered to make India its sole F-16 production facility that would supply the Indian military but also other countries. “If India buys the F-16 then it becomes the center of manufacturing for the global market,” he said.

Lall said the company planned to begin production of the F-16 wings in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad from 2020. He said these were being produced at a facility in Israel and would not impact any jobs in the United States.

The Israeli center will continue to be involved in other production, he said. “All F-16 wings globally are to be built in the Hyderabad facility,” he said.

Note: There is some more reading material on the matter on Lockheed Martin's official website...:
https://news.lockheedmartin.com/2017-06-19-Lockheed-Martin-Tata-Announce-F-16-India-Partnership

Sadly, i'd have to disagree with you once again.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-jet-in-india-with-partner-tata-idUSKCN1LK17T
ZBEs235N_reasonably_small.jpg

Lockheed to make wings for F-16 jet in India with partner Tata:

September 4, 2018

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Lockheed Martin will build wings for its F-16 combat plane in India with its local partner, Tata Advanced Systems Limited, an executive at the U.S. company said on Tuesday.

Lockheed is bidding for a contract - estimated at more than $15 billion - to supply the Indian air force with 114 combat planes, which must be all manufactured locally under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship Make in India program.

However, Vivek Lall, vice president of strategy and business development at Lockheed, said the proposed Indian production of the F-16 wings would not be contingent upon the company winning the order for the planes.

“Producing F-16 wings in India will strengthen Lockheed Martin’ strategic partnership with Tata and support Make in India,” the company said in a statement.

Modi has been pushing for local manufacturing that will provide jobs and also end the military’s dependence on imports.

Lockheed’s announcement came just days ahead of top level talks between the United States and India aimed at expanding defense ties.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis will meet with Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.

Boeing has pitched its F/A-18 Super Hornet for the Indian contract as well as Sweden’s Saab with its Gripen fighter. France’s Dassault Systemes SE’s Rafale, the Eurofighter Typhoon and Russian aircraft are also in the fray.

Lall said Lockheed had offered to make India its sole F-16 production facility that would supply the Indian military but also other countries. “If India buys the F-16 then it becomes the center of manufacturing for the global market,” he said.

Lall said the company planned to begin production of the F-16 wings in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad from 2020. He said these were being produced at a facility in Israel and would not impact any jobs in the United States.

The Israeli center will continue to be involved in other production, he said. “All F-16 wings globally are to be built in the Hyderabad facility,” he said.

Note: There is some more reading material on the matter on Lockheed Martin's official website...:
https://news.lockheedmartin.com/2017-06-19-Lockheed-Martin-Tata-Announce-F-16-India-Partnership
You don't have to agree with me it says will but when Indian Airforce won't use F16s what the purpose of building wing there? It's only relavent when IAF buy F16s otherwise rest of world phasing out F16s.its a joint venture of TATA and LM to bid F16s under make in india theory like Dasso is partner with Ambani in Rafale deal.

You don't have to agree with me it says will but when Indian Airforce won't use F16s what the purpose of building wing there? It's only relavent when IAF buy F16s otherwise rest of world phasing out F16s.its a joint venture of TATA and LM to bid F16s under make in india theory like Dasso is partner with Ambani in Rafale deal.
You know what, now you're acting a bit childish. They've already signed an Agreement. Its on the Lockheed Martin's official website. They've probably begun Construction on the site where they plan on manufacturing those Wings. And yet, there is still no order for the F-21/F-16. And for sure, there won't be an order.

Its just a business deal. Just because India doesn't buy the product they are producing, doesn't mean that they won't buy other things from Lockheed Martin.

For Lockheed Martin its business - for the United States its an opportunity. Try to think about the bigger picture. Donald Trump is trying to prevent American products to be built outside the US, in his 'Make America Great Again', but there are things that even he can't avoid and are out of his hands as the President of the United States.

The US was (technically) supposed to place sanctions on India for purchasing the S-400. They didn't. They were supposed to put a stop to them buying Oil from Iran. They didn't.

Question is...who's playing who, here?

Those wings are just going to be manufactured in India & then be shipped off to South Carolina where they will be assembled onto the F-16's. Its just like the Wings for the B787 Dreamliner are 'Made in Japan'.

I see more along electronics
Yep, I guess there are a few major areas.
  • Fitting the MILGEM and Damen OPVs
  • Meeting the PN's new multi-mission helicopter requirement
  • Promoting the M346 Master LIFT to the PAF
  • Promoting the Kronos radars to the PAF (for replacing the MPDRs)
You know what, now you're acting a bit childish. They've already signed an Agreement. Its on the Lockheed Martin's official website. They've probably begun Construction on the site where they plan on manufacturing those Wings. And yet, there is still no order for the F-21/F-16. And for sure, there won't be an order.

Its just a business deal. Just because India doesn't buy the product they are producing, doesn't mean that they won't buy other things from Lockheed Martin.

For Lockheed Martin its business - for the United States its an opportunity. Try to think about the bigger picture. Donald Trump is trying to prevent American products to be built outside the US, in his 'Make America Great Again', but there are things that even he can't avoid and are out of his hands as the President of the United States.

The US was (technically) supposed to place sanctions on India for purchasing the S-400. They didn't. They were supposed to put a stop to them buying Oil from Iran. They didn't.

Those wings are just going to be manufactured in India & then be shipped off to South Carolina where they will be assembled onto the F-16's. Its just like the Wings for the B787 Dreamliner are 'Made in Japan'.
I agree.

Yep, I guess there are a few major areas.
  • Fitting the MILGEM and Damen OPVs
  • Meeting the PN's new multi-mission helicopter requirement
  • Promoting the M346 Master LIFT to the PAF
  • Promoting the Kronos radars to the PAF (for replacing the MPDRs)

I agree.
EW systems are a key area of interest along with the possibility of working on upgrades to our ground electronics.

but manufacture wings for whom, aliens..no one is buying any more f16s by time its setup all of last orders will be fullfilled

Back
Top Bottom