What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

French will not sell offensive war materials to Pakistan anymore.
Fully agreed. The cards are now on the table and the sides are drawn. The poodle will follow its master. The bigger threat is China and there will be a lot of effort to contain that behemoth because the western industrial complex purely on financial and manpower basis cannot compete. They have the technology but the cost input is fast becoming prohibitive for the minions they want to fight amongst themselves to keep their defence industries going.
A

To an extent, but mostly interested in PAF orders as those would make up the majority of all JF-17 production.
For navy probably submarine as @Rafi said midget subs ship electronic but I see italians being our EU partner. Billal u see any scope of EF which italians have? Or long range SAM system like Aster??

What is the starting serial number for the JF17?
07-101
07-101.jpg

Well, that is another debate...
But think about it. At one point, the F-16 was done for sure. Infact, the last F-16 that was built in Texas was meant to be for Iraq. Curtains. Or so we thought.

They moved the assembly line to South Carolina and all of a sudden there is an interest in the F-16's - again.
Bahrain, Slovakia and even Croatia...wanted used ones. Yesterday the Royal Moroccan Air Force placed an order.

One has to admit that there is something about the F-16 that nations want to keep going back to (Bahrain & Morocco).

Look, i'm not thrilled that our moral enemy is building those wings, but one can't deny that the F-16 is back on the Block and competing with the likes of Rafales, Gripens, EFT etc...
No doubt f16b70 trumps rafale/typhoon but with f35 cost running down the traditional allies dont need it..so few arab countirs are left..i doubt you will see anymore orders..bahrain Morocco were expected orders before the line closes..there onoy two other possible candidates ..taiwan and Pakistan

No doubt f16b70 trumps rafale/typhoon but with f35 cost running down the traditional allies dont need it..so few arab countirs are left..i doubt you will see anymore orders..bahrain Morocco were expected orders before the line closes..there onoy two other possible candidates ..taiwan and Pakistan
Jiger that's my point u moving plant for 100 wings max not a good idea

I doubt on Taiwan too if us and China got trade agreement Taiwan had very low chance for new F-16 only pak left make in Pak

For navy probably submarine as @Rafi said midget subs ship electronic but I see italians being our EU partner. Billal u see any scope of EF which italians have? Or long range SAM system like Aster??
Leonardo is just one Italian company, the submarine issue is with DRASS, another company. Besides that, you also have Elettronica, which specializes in EW/ECM tech and has been promoting that to Pakistan for some time.

As for new fighters, besides some news reports and the previous CAS saying the PAF needs new fighters, I don't know what the PAF will do -- or can do -- for something before Project Azm. The PAF could try leasing second hand Typhoon T1s from Italy, Spain and/or UK as a stopgap until Project Azm.

The T1 isn't much better than the Block-52+, but from a big picture lens, it'd at least shore-up medium-weight jet numbers and give a perceptual boost (i.e., make the IAF worry a bit more). The Consortium might even be willing to offer the T1s on lease for a discount if the PAF could order 18~24 new-build T3s, but that'd cost $5-6 bn.

But the T1 in of itself really doesn't do much for the PAF, it'd be the T3 with the MBDA Meteor and unrestricted SOW/ALCM compatibility that would matter, but it's prohibitively expensive.

As for long-range SAMs. I think it's either China or wait for Turkey's SIPER. Personally, I'd rather we save the money and get a proper hit-to-kill capable system such as the SIPER in around the same timeframe as Project Azm.

Last edited:
Leonardo is just one Italian company, the submarine issue is with DRASS, another company. Besides that, you also have Elettronica, which specializes in EW/ECM tech and has been promoting that to Pakistan for some time.

As for new fighters, besides some news reports and the previous CAS saying the PAF needs new fighters, I don't know what the PAF will do -- or can do -- for something before Project Azm. The PAF could try leasing second hand Typhoon T1s from Italy, Spain and/or UK as a stopgap until Project Azm.

The T1 isn't much better than the Block-52+, but from a big picture lens, it'd at least shore-up medium-weight jet numbers and give a perceptual boost (i.e., make the IAF worry a bit more). The Consortium might even be willing to offer the T1s on lease for a discount if the PAF could order 18~24 new-build T3s, but that'd cost $5-6 bn.

But the T1 in of itself really doesn't do much for the PAF, it'd be the T3 with the MBDA Meteor and unrestricted SOW/ALCM compatibility that would matter, but it's prohibitively expensive.

As for long-range SAMs. I think it's either China or wait for Turkey's SIPER. Personally, I'd rather we save the money and get a proper hit-to-kill capable system such as the SIPER in around the same timeframe as Project Azm.
I believe after this skirmishes with IAF we need to invest more in military to build more mussle because I don't see prospects of peace if Modi win again they got bloody nose they will come back again. EF Or more F16s is way to go along jf17 need bigger and modern airforce with pack of punch along strong army and Navy if they back make them bleed again.

Back
Top Bottom