What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Chinese CAC JF-17 Thunder aircraft under CM-400/AKG Missile integration trials. This weapon has a hypersonic impact velocity. It is believed to be capable of destroying a moving aircraft carrier from a range of 250km. This weapon is now in service with Pakistan Air Force. https://t.co/r6xVikb7rw
IMG_20190415_095037.jpeg

@Oscar that's no small presence. I wonder if something like offsets (by spinning off the AW139 MRO) is on the cards?

Actually, the chatter suggests that it all started with CPEC interest. We can expect some JV, Thunder progress/participation, AZM & Naval side because (Leonardo) met CNS as well.

No doubt f16b70 trumps rafale/typhoon but with f35 cost running down the traditional allies dont need it..so few arab countirs are left..i doubt you will see anymore orders..bahrain Morocco were expected orders before the line closes..there onoy two other possible candidates ..taiwan and Pakistan
I'd have to disagree with you & @mingle here. I didn't know Morocco was an expected order, to begin with. A week back if someone would have mentioned them, none of us would've blinked.

I sense there is more life left in the F-16's & we may see a Block 80/82 a decade from now. I haven't really seen the numbers as to how low they are going on the F-35, but either someone said OR I read that the US is not offering Stealth Coating on all Export variants. The US also expects to have that one Fighter Jets to counter the usual suspects: Rafales, Gripens & Euro Fighters. I don't see anyone taking interest in the F-18 Super Hornet.

Still putting Pakistan in the block of expected orders is pipe dream which may never become a reality. We'll be lucky if we [ever] pick up used ones.

Finally, Slovakia may be one of a few Eastern European countries that may be interested in the F-16's - looking to replace the Soviet-era jets in their inventory. They're already in the EU and want to be in the good graces of the US. Romania picked up used ones - Portugal and Poland had bought them directly from the US.

Note: I think marketing the F-21 won't stop with India. The US has nothing to offer India as far as jets are concerned: F-21 & F-18 Super Hornet. I doubt the F-15 Strike Eagle has even been on the discussion table.

Chinese CAC JF-17 Thunder aircraft under CM-400/AKG Missile integration trials. This weapon has a hypersonic impact velocity. It is believed to be capable of destroying a moving aircraft carrier from a range of 250km. This weapon is now in service with Pakistan Air Force. https://t.co/r6xVikb7rw
View attachment 553415
Can these two missiles sink IN Vikramaditiya??

It might not sink but get criplled badly. That in its own right will make it a sitting duck in unfriendly waters.
A
Even if one supersonic cm400 hits , the deck is gurrsteed to be put of action so a it will be left toothless , and since the purpose of aircraft carrier is to provide air cover where aircraft from land based air bases cannot reach, the whole Indian aircraft carrier group will be left in the open either to run away or face salvos upon salvos of air craft with more cm400, c302 , c802, harpoons and excocets , not a ideal position,
2 cm400s would almost definitely either kill enough crew, equipment or power to knock out , disable or maybe sink it should it be a bow hit

Even if one supersonic cm400 hits , the deck is gurrsteed to be put of action so a it will be left toothless , and since the purpose of aircraft carrier is to provide air cover where aircraft from land based air bases cannot reach, the whole Indian aircraft carrier group will be left in the open either to run away or face salvos upon salvos of air craft with more cm400, c302 , c802, harpoons and excocets , not a ideal position,
2 cm400s would almost definitely either kill enough crew, equipment or power to knock out , disable or maybe sink it should it be a bow hit
The CM-400AKG is basically an air-launched rocket or mini-ballistic missile.

The question was: would it sink it?

Now i'm not an expert on the Laws of Physics...

But who said anything about hitting the deck &/or crippling it...

Go for the base. A hole in one, if you may. That most certainly will take it down to the Ocean Floor.

India would NEVER venture by bringing it at striking distance of Pakistan or China. Lets put the loss of life aside. They'd lose various Jets & Choppers in the process too.

Go for the base. A hole in one, if you may. That most certainly will take it down to the Ocean Floor.

India would NEVER venture by bringing it at striking distance of Pakistan or China. Lets put the loss of life aside. They'd lose various Jets & Choppers in the process too.
It has a high flying trajectoryfrom which it tumbles down towards the AC at great speed. So it will invariably hit the deck.
A

You are displaying an ignorance of AC design and modern naval design. They are compartmentalized such that even a hull breach causes only localized flooding. There will be sealing doors everywhere to cater to such an event. It is extremely hard to sink an aircraft carrier.

Extremely hard...(maybe)...but can you rule out impossible (with absolute certainty).
There's no program to only hit the bottom middle deck especially for a top attack missile ,

The CM-400AKG is basically an air-launched rocket or mini-ballistic missile.
They sheer kinetic power would probably give disabling ptsd even if it were to land next to the AC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom