What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

This news was provided by our military insider.

The WS-19 is better than the EJ200 with an afterburner thrust of 120KN and a TWR of 10.
Let's hope the jet engines don't "jet" themselves out of the aircraft on take-off during final handling runs if it has a TWR of 10.

Let's hope the jet engines don't "jet" themselves out of the aircraft on take-off during final handling runs if it has a TWR of 10.

lol, the Chinese engine has an excellent record, and it hasn't involved in any incident so far.

China has already handled the WS-15, and it is flying smoothly on the J-20, so it can indeed handle the WS-19 properly.

The military leaders of Pakistan have by far more confidence on China's military products than you guys.

lol, the Chinese engine has an excellent record, and it hasn't involved in any incident so far.

China has already handled the WS-15, and it is flying smoothly on the J-20, so it can indeed handle the WS-19 properly.

The military leaders of Pakistan have by far more confidence on China's military products than you guys.
I hope the TWR numbers make sense hence my comment above. I have never heard of ratio that is 10. And no need to tell me about confidence in the Chinese military products. They're great in their own way but the reliance towards Chinese military products come strictly due to the issues of cost and availability, at least for Pakistan armed forces. And I have no clue by what you mean "you guys". Cheers !!!

I hope the TWR numbers make sense hence my comment above. I have never heard of ratio that is 10. And no need to tell me about confidence in the Chinese military products......my old man flew F-7s and F-6s with over a 1100 hours combined...very fortunate to have him come home. Hope you understand my friend. Cheers !!!

When China was building the F-6/F-7, it also built the warships like this.

type-051-luda-ii-ddg-105-jinan.jpg

Now China is building the J-20 and J-31, and it is building the warships like this.

vok7bjfflxpz.jpg

source ....???

As I explained earlier, from our military insider.

And you will see your announcement from your official media later.

Last edited:
Does this mean that Pakistan will get the ability to manufacture the WS-19?

This is the condition proposed by the PAF to select the J-31 as their official 5th gen fighter.

China has agreed to bring the production line, and also agree to train the high skilled workers to assemble the engine for Pakistan.

This is the condition proposed by the PAF to select the J-31 as their official 5th gen fighter.

China has agreed to bring the production line, and also agree to train the high skilled workers to assemble the engine for Pakistan.
So you are telling us that tech acquired after spending many billion dollars will just be transferred to Pakistan for it to procure the J31. You sir are either very nieve or are deceiving this board with rumour monngering. The reason is the seriously hilarious notion that the Chinese wilp just hand over their own successful programme.
A

So you are telling us that tech acquired after spending many billion dollars will just be transferred to Pakistan for it to procure the J31. You sir are either very nieve or are deceiving this board with rumour monngering. The reason is the seriously hilarious notion that the Chinese wilp just hand over their own successful programme.
A

Without the WS-19, the PAF won't choose the J-31.

BTW, to cooperate with China is Pakistan's only viable option for the 5th gen, since the current US government is hostile toward you and any other Muslim nations, while Turkey doesn't have the technology nor financial capability to provide this.

Last edited:
A
On the flip side Chinese may have learnt the lesson.
J-10B wasn't bought by Pakistan because the pre_condition was that China will provide the engine with a Chinese engine,not TOT.
Chinese simply failed to make an engine until recently. So j-10 never came to PAF.
For J-31 Chinese may be doing what Americans did to Swedish. Their jet engines are also based on a TOT from.USA.

A
Putting aside the specific news for a moment, the idea of getting a factory line for the engine isn't outlandish. Note: we shouldn't mix a local engine manufacturing line for China transferring an engine industry to Pakistan. India has been manufacturing AL-31FPs for a while. However, in our case the factory equipment, core components - e.g. crystal blades - will have to come from China and that China will always be linked to manufacturing Chinese engines in Pakistan.

So you are telling us that tech acquired after spending many billion dollars will just be transferred to Pakistan for it to procure the J31.
The J-31 has been marketed as a stealth fighter for export market from day 1. Nothing naive about it. It's the J-20 that the Chinese are not willing to export to any country, even Pakistan.

The J-31 has been marketed as a stealth fighter for export market from day 1. Nothing naive about it. It's the J-20 that the Chinese are not willing to export to any country, even Pakistan.
araz was debating about WS-19 engine ..... this news is too good to be true at this moment ....
logically speaking why China would transfer the technology of Jet engine manufacturing which is achieved after the decades long research & billions of $ investment ....??
In my opinion the maximum we can have the rights of assembling and manufacturing of non-critical parts of WS-19 with this deal

The notion of tech transfer for an engine is the naive bit. I dont think anyone will give us anything more than simple assembly rights. The turbine blades and single crystal growth is the pinnacle of engine technology and the notion that it will just be handed over is naive. To give you an example, ae have a 3 decade history of engine imports from Ukraine and only now are we getting some level of tech transfer and possible local assembly. The dire stafe of Ukraine has something to do with it as well. But exclude those peculiar circumstances and see where your efforts to acquire engine tech get to.
J20 will not remain the goose that lays golden eggs. There are people who are Ex PAF who in 5heir commentry have specifically mentioned J20 rather than J31. Now it could be argued that this maybe a ploy but effectively if we dont buy J31 and the likelihood is we wont( at least not without assurances from PLAAF orPLAN of a buy which will lower the development costs) it will die a slow and painful death.PAF has learnt its lesson well with the Chinese back tracking on the JFT(this is not nit picking and not a case of sour grapes but a case of a commitment which was initially given and then retracted) and wont commit its meagre resources on a project requiring money to finish it. The ultimate product will be too expensive.
A

Back
Top Bottom