What's new

Pakistan-A real market for the Mirage 2000-9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafale is not a proven fighter.......

Proven in various stages around , bombed many a places in neighbourhood.

i can name a lot of unproven fighters countries acquiring too...

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

M2K9 might have factored into PAFs plans earlier, but inspite of some interests within the airforce, there seems to be a consensus that these planes NOW are going to be a bad plan to buy.They are expensive to maintain and give us no advantage over what is available to us from China and even US. OS the time was in 2000s not now.
Araz

The real value is the thousands of hours of flying in earlier Mirages, an asset that is not getting even flying newer ones.

but now with the induction of JFT and FC 20 , it makes no sense to induct M2000-9 ... The same capabilities will be provided by JFT BlK 2 so whats the use really ?

i doubt the mirages offer any capability that the jft dont offer already , secondly paf is indeginizing alongwith reducing the number of fighter types

please i didnt get what that can u elaborate it.

So,

Many a years ago---many many years ago---I dated this extremely beautiful german woman----she was a bit older than me----but what a woman she was----.

In beauty, she was a stunner----could stop the traffic on the road----but once you got to know her---she had an even much beautiful heart and soul that would surprise you---that how it was possible----so much beauty inside inspite of what was outside.

So---she would talk once a while when she was in her teens and was in love with a much older guy-----she wanted to marry him---but he was scared and insecure of the relationship---his age and her beauty-----. She met him many a years later----his wife had turned into a hag---his life was miserable---she saw him and told him---you could have had me and life would have been much better-----you people get my drift.

Its a great analogy. However, you shouldn't be so quick to judge the Chinese fighters. The FC-1 and the J-10 variants are pitched as comparable to the western/Russian platforms. The cost is an important factor that needs to be considered as well, given the current situation.

Price seems lucrative but after buying Pakistan have to face the lack of spare parts as the production already stop. same old problem of embargo may be, more importantly Pakistan is in the way of self reliance on defense production so better stick to its goal rather then indulging in old (though potential ) fighter .

No it is not-----you are not priviledged to understand it yet----other will. Thank you.
Only shows your obsession with a lost opportunity :rofl:

pakistan won,t be going for mirage 2000 because when pakistan needed in 1991 they reject so pakistan build the light-weight aircraft 4th gen so pakistan have this class of fighter so pakistan don,t need that if pakistan could purchse it would be medium-wight fighter almost 4++ gen so this is totally point less

the french are now considered to be a 'un-reliable supplier' esp after it refused the western avionics and missile deal for the JFT. remember it was a US$1.2 billion deal. i have also heard that it was reluctant to honor the Mesma AIP deal for the Agosta's but somehow decided to supply the contract.

Only shows your obsession with a lost opportunity :rofl:

what he gave was a beautiful analogy . now if you have never come across this word i suggest the OED . the m2k-9 would be a great addition to the PAF but with the present financial situation they just can afford it .

Only shows ur obsession with every respected member here....
It wasn't offensive you know ... The way you talked earlier in another thread gives us a better idea how do you debate or discuss things ? which lead to the deletion of your posts
Now stick back to the topic

what he gave was a beautiful analogy . now if you have never come across this word i suggest the OED . the m2k-9 would be a great addition to the PAF but with the present financial situation they just can afford it .
I understood it bro ! There's no denial that he explained it in a great manner ... The only reason i wrote it that this opportunity was lost years ago ... there's just no point discussing it now ... we already have enough things going on ( JFT and FC 20 ) to even talk about a thing of the past

A totally new kind of platform with its assortments will be a logistical nightmare for PAF imho...
JF-17 is the best bet for the time being with future J-10b in course.

Actually it is not the french who are considered un-reliable-----it is the pakistanis who have deceived the french at every step----paks have their heads so deep in their own-sh-it----that they start to believe what they imagine as well----paks deceived the french about the purchase of m2000 in the 80's----then in the 90's----then a massive deception regarding the purchase of airbus in th early 2000 when pia went for boeing---even though alots of dealing was done with airbus----.

What the french did with paks regarding the cancellation of the 1.2 billion dollar project was to put pakistan air force in its place----pay back a millions time over----shook the very base of the pakistani air force foundation---they were running like the blind in endless circles.

In the world of weapons sales--there is a saying----never pis-s off the french and don't mess with doctors without borders---. Jumping from the french agosta subs to the german subs----airbus to boeing was not the smartest of the moves---.

The analogy given above was not made up----.

Jumping from the french agosta subs to the german subs
Bro those French subs were inferior to the German ones !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom