What's new

Pakistan 26 squadrons by 2010 VS India 26.5 squadrons by 2015.

when our ACM says we will achieve 250 jf17s figure by 2015 u guys started calculating and u dnt accepts what he says .. n now ur ACM said u are going to have 40 squadrons till 2020 :what: what should we say now :devil:

When did I "not accept"? IF PAF wants to get to 250 by 2015, they will get there by any means possible. This could possibly include many of the birds being produced in China. The numbers I have quoted are not stupendous. All future mki numbers will come from imports (not HAL). Irkut supplies 18-24 every year. Moreover, the LCA numbers are 100 till 2020 (10 per year) and pakfa will come from Russia (HAL will not be making them). All the upgrades are to be done by HAL for which they have a separate facility. I cannot see how this is not possible.

At the same time, if someone says 250 will be produced in Kamra :rolleyes:, I will have to say that is a very tall order. Let us wait till 2015 & 2020 and see what happens. If kamra is able to mfg. 250 by 2015, I would recommend IAF to send a team to learn from PAF!!

Guys "night shift" option is also available for JF-17. But still not used.

Either PAF should go for 150-175 basic JF-17 thunder by 2015 or for 100 basic JF-17 + improved( can not say how potent they will be???) 100+ JF-17 by 2020. I think so 2nd option is better. As PAF say Quality if not Quantity.

And if we go for some other ACs to counter mki threat I think JF-17 number will be reduced.

Guys "night shift" option is also available for JF-17. But still not used.

Either PAF should go for 150-175 basic JF-17 thunder by 2015 or for 100 basic JF-17 + improved( can not say how potent they will be???) 100+ JF-17 by 2020. I think so 2nd option is better. As PAF say Quality if not Quantity.

And if we go for some other ACs to counter mki threat I think JF-17 number will be reduced.

Is these types of options only available to pak??

We gonna have MMCA order devided into 2 suppliers.

And will insist to supply us temporarily from their inventory till our toys are ready.

Firstly i salute to the seniors for the way they have maintained a civilized and mutually respectable tone. Though am new to this forum seems to me that in recent discussions this has gone missing in many a threads, hope we freshers learn from them. :pdf:

Is these types of options only available to pak??

We gonna have MMCA order devided into 2 suppliers.

And will insist to supply us temporarily from their inventory till our toys are ready.

I was just saying that if we go for numbers we will not have high tech ACs and if we go high tech ACs, number will be reduced. So in no way we will gain numerical superiority (and we need not too).

And plz do go for "MMCA order devided into 2 suppliers." Training pilots and full-filling other needs will make you understand what have you done.

20+ of PAFS current sqds are either F7 or Mirage. 3/5

PAF may have nearly 26 Sdqs by 2015 BUT WAT WILL THESE 26 sqds equip in 5 years time.

My Guess is 5 Sqds of F16 X 80 planes
5 Sqds of Thunder x 80 planes
8 Sdqs of F7 X 140 planes
6 Sdqs of Mirage 3/5 x 100
2 Sdqs of J10 X 36

IAF 13 Sqds of Su30mki x 270 Planes
3 Mirage 2000-5 x 51 planes
3 mig29smt x 62 planes
6 Jaguar x 100 planes
1 Sqd x mmrca 18 planes (f18s/h or Typhoon/rafael)

Look at the difference in QUALITY

PAF may have nearly 26 Sdqs by 2015 BUT WAT WILL THESE 26 sqds equip in 5 years time.

2 Sdqs of J10 X 36

3 mig29smt x 62 planes
6 Jaguar x 100 planes

Do not forget the 125 Mig-21 Bisons which will serve till 2020 as well as around 40 LCA Mk1 and maybe some Mk2's. Around 100 Mig-27's have also undergone limited upgrades. Add another 60 Mig-29 K's and Harriers for the Navy as well.

2 Sdqs of J10 X 36

3 mig29smt x 62 planes
6 Jaguar x 100 planes

woww just 80 jf17s till 2015 lol means we can only induct 60 jf17s in next 5 years :cheesy: :what: pakistan may get more j10s its not just 36 figure :what:

I have intentionally left IAF at 26 SQDS in 2015 AND INTENTIONALLY left out the 125 bisons & the First 40 LCA MK1

Too show/demonstrate once these are added as well as 4 sdqsds of MIG27 iaf IS MORE LIKELY TO FIELD aound 34-35 sqds and 600+ fighters in 2015

The IAF sqd numbers mentioned in this article seem a little misleading as last i checked, they had just over 36 sqds. PAF has no plans to reach those numbers and neither we have a thirst of achieving such. Current no. of sqds will be maintained however with sophisticated weapon systems, such as thunder, blk 52 and FC-20s. It will be a relatively small, but efficient force to defend our skies in near future and will be backed by AARs and Awacs (2 types at least if US p3 awacs is not exercised). One thing seems strange to me as the Indians are delaying their MMRCA deal a bit too much and this is hurting IAFs cause as they have retired bulk of vintage MIG 23s, 21s and even some 27s. These form the bulk of IAF at the moment and the concern has some weight in it. Obsolescence is a common issue on both sides and we are addressing it with thunders, blk 52s that will arrive by June and soon to be inducted FC-20s (2013-14 at best) but why so much delay in MMRCA deal as the tender is afloat since 2005-06 and still no selection.

I think the indians have a few problems.They had originally floated this tendon forthe M2Ks . However, much to their regret the french decided to not enter M2kand offer them the rafale. The US entry was something they would never have dreamt of in 2002-05. Even though they like the idea of US planes, they dont like and probably still dont trust the US enough to buy from them and get stuck like PAF did. The russians are offering them what they already have with minor adjustments and whereas their whole philosophy and acquisition patterns have evolved around USSR, their recent encounters with the russians have not been good ones. They also realize that they cannot afford to annoy the russians too much at this poit in time.
I think the Gripen fits the bill for them but i dont know to what extent they will get access to the techologies associated with it as some of them are US origin. Now this leaves them with the UK and rafale and the russian contenders. The ymight like the rafale and the typhoon but the question is would they be able to buy and maintain very expensive twin enginedaircrafts and what additional advantagedoes it provide to them. the second thing to consider s that they are out to replace Mig21s. If they replace all the migs with twin engined aircrafts, how does it impact on thier expenditure. The relative failure/delays in LCA has further confounded matters. So in short they want to bide their time and see whether they can get a mixture of planes which keeps everyone of their contenders happy and their airforce running. I personally think this is the problem more so than anything which has delayed things.
Araz

I think the super bug is almost a done deal here.. Russians have already been awarded a flurry of contracts recently (Su 30, Mig 29K, Adm Gorky revision, Pak FA), to ensure there is no heartburn there...Not that I like it, but this choice is coming down to more of a diplomatic decision than a technical one

The IAF sqd numbers mentioned in this article seem a little misleading as last i checked, they had just over 36 sqds. PAF has no plans to reach those numbers and neither we have a thirst of achieving such. Current no. of sqds will be maintained however with sophisticated weapon systems, such as thunder, blk 52 and FC-20s. It will be a relatively small, but efficient force to defend our skies in near future and will be backed by AARs and Awacs (2 types at least if US p3 awacs is not exercised). One thing seems strange to me as the Indians are delaying their MMRCA deal a bit too much and this is hurting IAFs cause as they have retired bulk of vintage MIG 23s, 21s and even some 27s. These form the bulk of IAF at the moment and the concern has some weight in it. Obsolescence is a common issue on both sides and we are addressing it with thunders, blk 52s that will arrive by June and soon to be inducted FC-20s (2013-14 at best) but why so much delay in MMRCA deal as the tender is afloat since 2005-06 and still no selection.

For me this low squardon number news is purposely generated by IAF to give a reason of such a huge military budget to those people who are living in slum areas and raisng their voice against such a huge spending of Indian military which is continously increasing

They always used this Pakistan threat kind of thng to justify theri huge spending to slum dogs influence their people to motivate the people to spend more n more on military

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom