What's new

Pakistan 26 squadrons by 2010 VS India 26.5 squadrons by 2015.

PAF is doing its best to upgrade it self for the years lost i would like another platform in the mix in a few years but for now i think we are looking alright it will take some time.

by 2015 the only high tech MRCA in PAF will be 80-90 MLU M3 and Block 52+ F-16s only these aircarft can have the best survival rate and combat record against IAF MKI. 50 basic version of JF-17s and 40 or so block II which can give a tough fight to any IAF 4th generation MRCA. If SD-10 are ordered then BVR capable F-7PG and Mirage-III whose porpoise will only be point defence.

I red somewhere in another thread ,a senior member saying that his internl source told that PAF will get somethnig lyk su-30 after 2015 ,he didnt reveal the exact aircraft n typ

dun know how much is it true coz i red in a report that Governement has refrained PAF from purchasing any twin engine aircraft till 2019 lol intresting cant understand the logic behind it but anywayz

only senior member who have some internal sources in PAF can verify that whether its true that PAF is getting somethng like su-30 after 2015

Mani, i am not sure whether i fulfill your criteria or not but PAF did evaluate Ukrainian SU-27s and 30s in late 90s. Our pilots regularly fly Chinese Flankers for specific purposes even today !

Mani, i am not sure whether i fulfill your criteria or not but PAF did evaluate Ukrainian SU-27s and 30s in late 90s.

yeah i have some idea about that but i thnk thn we dun have enough funds to buy them as at that tym we also got an opportunity to get our hands on Mirage2k that opportunity also went begging .plus these su-27 n 30's were twin engine that might have been a case of rejection also coz of high maintainance

Our pilots regularly fly Chinese Flankers for specific purposes even today

Is this a hint for the procurement of j-11's, wat do u say?

PAF is doing its best to keep itself in a respectable position. Fairly, the state of our economy and the state of our leaders does not allow us to buy Rafaels or EFs. And it is miraculous in such circumstances that we have a combat ready air force with such a quantity. In the words of one of the great pilot of PAF ( i think his name is Syed Sajjad Haider) that our boys' caliber can only be appreciated by the likes of Raptors n Rafaels. But , u know what our boys' fly.... Allah Tawakal. So, dua he hay apnay shaheens ke liye...

Regarding IAF having 26.5 sqds by 2015

I think is being too pessimestic if your indian and TOO OPTIMISTIC if your a Pakistani.

The indians are throwing some serious money $$$$$ at their military power esp the Navy and Air force

The IAF will outspend PAF by about $7 to $1 in this period and despite USA grant aid & Chinease soft loans I doubt very much that PAF & IAF will no the same.

Today out of 400 FIGHTERS IN PAF over 350 are VINTAGE Mirage 5 & F7 frm china.

I think by 2015 PAF will probably field around 80 F16 MLU/52 + 100 Thunders AND be ready to induct 36 J10B from China.

This equals about 216 planes

** i am basing this on todays order book IT COULD change..

For IAF by 2015

230- SU30MKI (could be 272 IF THE 42 additional mki are being ordered as reported during putin vist last week)
60+ MIG29 SMT + 45 MIG29K for Navy
50 mirage2000-5 upg
70 jaguar up darin 2
40 Tejas block 1 (assuming ioc in 2011)
40+ MMRCA (first of 126 oroder to be placed by year end trials finishing in india as we speak) F18/SH or Typhoon fron runners.

*** Again this is wat we are hearing is happening at present although it could change depending on growth of indian GDP and very large military budget by 2015.

Thats about 500 planes

Posted: Friday , Feb 13, 2009 at 2329 hrs
Bangalore:

The Indian Air Force needs 42 squadrons of fighter aircraft to maintain a conventional edge in the region, but the number is likely to be achieved only after 2020, said Air Chief Marshal F H Major. With a large number of fighters being de-inducted in the coming years, the IAF’s squadron strength will come down to 30 in the next decade before picking up again, he added.

While the IAF has a sanctioned strength of 39-and-a-half squadrons, the Air Chief said that the ‘desired’ number is actually 42 and India would prefer to keep the variety of its fighters down to only a ‘manageable’ three-four types of aircraft.

“We need a strength of 42 squadrons, not more than that. By 2020, we will have 40 or 41 squadrons,” the Air Chief told The Indian Express at the sidelines of the Aero India 2009 show here. Till now, the IAF has been known to require an ‘optimum’ number of 39-and-a-half squadrons. This sanctioned strength will be reached by 2017. :cheers:“At the moment, we are at 34 squadrons. We might come down a bit and then start picking up. Hopefully by 2017, we will have what we want and perhaps a little more than that by 2020,” Major said, answering questions on the modernisation plans of the Air Force.

IAF needs 42 squadrons: Major

Cannot see 42 Sqds in IAF for at least 10 years even longer.

Simple reason the Fighters that india is inducting or planning to induct ARE HIGH END very expensive.

Unless the TEJAS is successful and IAF order 200 between 2012-2022 i cannot see India growing to 42 sqds.

Also too much obselete planes that need replacing first ie
Over 350 mig21/bisons/mig27 EXIST IN FRONTLINE SERVICE TODAY.

For 42SQDS @ 18 planes per sdq = 776 front planes.

SU30MKI @ $50M EACH
MMRCA @ $65-$100M depending on which one

Only Tejas is relatively cheap at $30m each

like said unless IAF follows PAF as per Thunder i cannot see 770 planes.

My Guess is 35 sqds by 2020 max.

13 Su30mki (240+)
7 MMRCA (126)
5 LCA (100)
3 MIRAGE 2000(50)
3 MIG29SMT (60)
4 Jaguar darin 2 (70)

640 planes approx... at best by 2020 excluding Navy which may have 70+ Mig29K and sea harriers upgraded

Regarding IAF having 26.5 sqds by 2015

I think is being too pessimestic if your indian and TOO OPTIMISTIC if your a Pakistani.

The indians are throwing some serious money $$$$$ at their military power esp the Navy and Air force

The IAF will outspend PAF by about $7 to $1 in this period and despite USA grant aid & Chinease soft loans I doubt very much that PAF & IAF will no the same.

Today out of 400 FIGHTERS IN PAF over 350 are VINTAGE Mirage 5 & F7 frm china.

I think by 2015 PAF will probably field around 80 F16 MLU/52 + 100 Thunders AND be ready to induct 36 J10B from China.

This equals about 216 planes

** i am basing this on todays order book IT COULD change..

For IAF by 2015

230- SU30MKI (could be 272 IF THE 42 additional mki are being ordered as reported during putin vist last week)
60+ MIG29 SMT + 45 MIG29K for Navy
50 mirage2000-5 upg
70 jaguar up darin 2
40 Tejas block 1 (assuming ioc in 2011)
40+ MMRCA (first of 126 oroder to be placed by year end trials finishing in india as we speak) F18/SH or Typhoon fron runners.

*** Again this is wat we are hearing is happening at present although it could change depending on growth of indian GDP and very large military budget by 2015.

Thats about 500 planes

what abt mig 21 bison??? they will be retired from 2025 and we have 125 bisons apart from the other mig 21's

delhis WMD is winge and cringe and complain to compensate for its attrition rates but the this WMD will fail and PAF will sour head.

Cannot see 42 Sqds in IAF for at least 10 years even longer.

Simple reason the Fighters that india is inducting or planning to induct ARE HIGH END very expensive.

For 42SQDS @ 18 planes per sdq = 776 front planes.

My Guess is 35 sqds by 2020 max.

13 Su30mki (240+) (plans are for 230+40... can increase depending on LCA/MMRCA status)
7 MMRCA (126)
5 LCA (100)
3 MIRAGE 2000(50)
3 MIG29SMT (60)
4 Jaguar darin 2 (70)

640 planes approx... at best by 2020 excluding Navy which may have 70+ Mig29K and sea harriers upgraded

To keep things in perspective, we should have 300+ mki's by 2020. IAF chief in a recent interview on television told that additional mki orders are certain to keep up the numbers. IAF has decided to fill up any shortfall with mki's. Also, we have close to 100 jaguars (not 70). Also consider the fact that we should have 20-40 PAKFA by 2020 (if things go as planned)

This should take us to 40 squadrons by 2020. Ofcourse what actually happens is a big "?". ACM seems to believe the number would be 40+!!

pakistan doesn't need to match india plane for plane! we don't need 26 squadrons! we have no power projection aims besides our geographic size is smaller than india!

having said that our greatest advantage is in maintaining a small but competent airforce!

To keep things in perspective, we should have 300+ mki's by 2020. IAF chief in a recent interview on television told that additional mki orders are certain to keep up the numbers. IAF has decided to fill up any shortfall with mki's. Also, we have close to 100 jaguars (not 70). Also consider the fact that we should have 20-40 PAKFA by 2020 (if things go as planned)

This should take us to 40 squadrons by 2020. Ofcourse what actually happens is a big "?". ACM seems to believe the number would be 40+!!

when our ACM says we will achieve 250 jf17s figure by 2015 u guys started calculating and u dnt accepts what he says .. n now ur ACM said u are going to have 40 squadrons till 2020 :what: what should we say now :devil:

Back
Top Bottom