What's new

Pakistan 26 squadrons by 2010 VS India 26.5 squadrons by 2015.

Thats if it ever Ends up happening, Right now its all a dream:sniper:

You are wrong here mate. The LCA is currently indergoing testing and has passed every test thrown at it including LEH trials. If all goes well, it would get operational clearance by possibly December and we can expect induction in early 2011. LCA Mk2 can be expected by 2013-2014. :cheers:

Maybe you should do a little more homework before posting something.

PAF is doing its best to upgrade it self for the years lost i would like another platform in the mix in a few years but for now i think we are looking alright it will take some time

The only fighter in the PAF worth keeping and even posing a threat consideration to IAF TODAY and IAF OF TOMMRROW is the F16/52.

26 sqds today include 23 sqds of F7/MIRAGE 5/ A5

For me far too many 2nd generation planes

India itself only has 32 operational sqds as we speak.

But this does include 12 sdqs of su30mki/mig29/mirage2000. STIL LEAVES 20 SQDS of obselete planes for india too.

If The J10 had beaten a su27 WHICH ITSELF is a generation behind in technology to the SU30MKI itself i think China would have far more orders than a token 40 from PAF even then in 5 years time when the chinease have improved the J10 further.

@ 40m each its cheaper than a SU30MKI BY 20%

half the price of the f16/60 Typhoon Rafael and cheaper than the F16/52

Single engined J10 is far to light to go beat a twin engined Flanker even the old version SU27.

PLAAF is currently inductiing over 400 SU27/30/J11

that should tell you everything i think !!!!!11

Su-27/30/J11A induction was finished before J-10 was ready:

Su-27 - 78
J-11A - 95
Su-30 MKK - 76
Su-30MKK2 - 24

Around 100 J-11B will be inducted, so there will be ~400 odd Flankers in total.

But PLAAF has a requirement of ~300 J-10. It's not clear whether or not this number includes J-10B.

That's more than any other single 'modern' aircraft type in the PLAAF.

That should tell you everything i think!

Last edited:
lhuang....long way down to pak-fa induction into iaf, let first russian complete the plane..pak-fa into iaf perhaps after 2019+ by that time PAF would have inducted atleast 4 squadrons of J-10/FC-20, know that FC-20 will be in PAF colors by 2013-2014

Dude at 2014 India Got Euro fighter or any other MMRCA plane... in IAF colors

Believe me or not it will b a highly upgraded variant of j-10 and completely a different beast,thats why this Fc-20 stuff is taking time.if there would have been just a few modifications in the orignal j-10 thn it would have been completed way before 2015 probably in 2010 as the j-10 negotiations are in progress form ~2006

And for your info j-10 has already beaten su-27's and j-11's in dogfihts and it is PLAAF's front-line fighter

The report you are referring to, doesn't say "dogfights". It just says in "exercises". The J-10 probably won out in BVR with its superior avionics. Though, the J-10 could have won in dogfights too, because J-10 pilots are normally pulled from J-7 dogfighters, whereas Su-27/J-11 pilots are picked from J-8 interceptors ---- skillz.

If The J10 had beaten a su27 WHICH ITSELF is a generation behind in technology to the SU30MKI itself i think China would have far more orders than a token 40 from PAF even then in 5 years time when the chinease have improved the J10 further.

@ 40m each its cheaper than a SU30MKI BY 20%

half the price of the f16/60 Typhoon Rafael and cheaper than the F16/52

Single engined J10 is far to light to go beat a twin engined Flanker even the old version SU27.

PLAAF is currently inductiing over 400 SU27/30/J11

that should tell you everything i think !!!!!11

It's not inducting anymore than a handful of J-11Bs it's currently building. It just has more flankers at this point in time.

2 squadrons of J10 @ 40 planes and by 2015 is the offical word.

Even that will depend of PAKISTAN finances as we saw with Thunder French Avionics problems also a similar size deal at $1.5 billion.

Don,t count on J10 IMPROVING paf BY TOO MUCH the Americans believe it to be in the F16/C class certainly no match for MKI or indeed a FGFA 5 gen fighter

All signs point to J-10B being in the class of F-16E.

From my limited knowledge, J-10B will be stealthier, more manoeuvreable and have superior avionics than F-16C, once it hits the production line, as it incorporates numerous technologies that will be used in J-20(J-xx).

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

Your statement may pretain to the J-10A variant.

actually now its come true !!!!!!!!!!

yes it is, but just on paper, It is into testing, and yet to get IOC. dude, we started JF17 and with all the testing abd everything, it is ready to go. i mean if both are light weight then what taking LCA longer? thats one million dollar question

People relax PAF is well on its way to update / upgrade its self... thunders, new vipers with the old ones being brought up to mlu fc20's when the come on hand air defence being udated we are well on our ways. I don't understand why people compare us with indian airforce they are much bigger force we shall have enough to defend ourselves as always and give sleepless nights that have itch in the rear relax its all covered enjoy the show.

yes it is, but just on paper, It is into testing, and yet to get IOC. dude, we started JF17 and with all the testing abd everything, it is ready to go. i mean if both are light weight then what taking LCA longer? thats one million dollar question

testing...it has undergone so many rounds of testing just like arjun...really tight quality control...there are 5 airframes being tested as of now with different equipments....that is why it has taken so long....

JF17 technology wise is behind the Tejas.

For example its body structure has no compsite materials like Tejas.

The chinease have used alloy metals has with all 2nd & 3rd generation planes to keep cost down.

Also the FBW system is totally diofferent LCA TEJAS is quaruplex FBW completely unstable. In contrast Thunder is single digital FBW

The indians have built the plane and tested the plane in india,,,, Yes they have imported the engine from USA. But India had no infrastucture for wind tunnels etc to test a TRUE 4 GENERATION plane. This took time.

JF17 was built in china tested firstly inj china using chinease infrastucture. Thus came into deveoplent IOC alot faster.

BUT INDIA NOW HAS ALL THE INFRASTUCTURE IN PLACE to build more mk2 Tejas future MCA and UCAV too.

ITS COST MONEY & TIME but we are already seeing the spin offs frm Tejas with Dhruv & lch attack helicopters and future PAK FA partcipation too.

Yes but the LCA is highly dependent on India's industry(with certain aspects coming from overseas). The current JF-17s is pretty much a Chinese aircraft that Pakistan bought. Yes they are now producing avionics for it but currently there is no comparison with the level of Pakistani R&D and Indian R&D that went into these platforms. Under license production of components isn't anything ground breaking.

I think by trying to produce a aircraft heavily dependent on India's industry the heavy R&D probably slowed down the aircraft's production and induction by a good margin. (Least this is my take on it)

Last edited:

The chinease have used alloy metals has with all 2nd & 3rd generation planes to keep cost down.

Also the FBW system is totally diofferent LCA TEJAS is quaruplex FBW completely unstable. In contrast Thunder is single digital FBW

The indians have built the plane and tested the plane in india,,,, Yes they have imported the engine from USA. But India had no infrastucture for wind tunnels etc to test a TRUE 4 GENERATION plane. This took time.

JF17 was built in china tested firstly inj china using chinease infrastucture. Thus came into deveoplent IOC alot faster.

BUT INDIA NOW HAS ALL THE INFRASTUCTURE IN PLACE to build more mk2 Tejas future MCA and UCAV too.

ITS COST MONEY & TIME but we are already seeing the spin offs frm Tejas with Dhruv & lch attack helicopters and future PAK FA partcipation too.

Photos of JF-17 prototypes clearly indicate the existence of composite material on it. I think quadruplex FBW is pretty standard among Chinese 4th genereation fighters. J-10 has it, and JF-17 was designed after J-10 that it has stuff that J-10 baseline variant doesn't have. In all fairness JF-17 should have quadruplex FBW too.

edit: It has quadruplex digital FBW in pitch axis and a duplex analog FBW in roll axis.

Last edited:

Hi,

That is not the case in here---before coming to that conclusion you have to understand the mindset of the designer---what the need is and how to have an effective system under a certain guideline, time frame and cost factor---.

Please understand what a weapons system is designed for---secondly---jf 17 is being integrated way before the tejas---which will give it an earlier maturity date than the tejas.

What will make the difference is the fire control radar, weapons systems, offencive and defencive, maintenance, spool up and turn around time. These are the most important items for now in our mindset---you may have different ideas----but when we are within the same parameters only combat will tell the difference.

The russians are still using rivets on their high end fighters---does that mean these planes are inferior---I will let you ponder onthat.

I am not an airmen but i believe after reading this thread, IT'S TIME PAF TO GO FOR TWIN ENGINE AIR SUPIRIORTY FIGHTER FROM SOME WHERE, other wise build 5 jf17's for each su30mki. :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom