What's new

Pakistan 26 squadrons by 2010 VS India 26.5 squadrons by 2015.

lhuang....long way down to pak-fa induction into iaf, let first russian complete the plane..pak-fa into iaf perhaps after 2019+ by that time PAF would have inducted atleast 4 squadrons of J-10/FC-20, know that FC-20 will be in PAF colors by 2013-2014

2 squadrons of J10 @ 40 planes and by 2015 is the offical word.

Even that will depend of PAKISTAN finances as we saw with Thunder French Avionics problems also a similar size deal at $1.5 billion.

Don,t count on J10 IMPROVING paf BY TOO MUCH the Americans believe it to be in the F16/C class certainly no match for MKI or indeed a FGFA 5 gen fighter

2 squadrons of J10 @ 40 planes and by 2015 is the offical word.

Even that will depend of PAKISTAN finances as we saw with Thunder French Avionics problems also a similar size deal at $1.5 billion.

Don,t count on J10 IMPROVING paf BY TOO MUCH the Americans believe it to be in the F16/C class certainly no match for MKI or indeed a FGFA 5 gen fighter

Believe me or not it will b a highly upgraded variant of j-10 and completely a different beast,thats why this Fc-20 stuff is taking time.if there would have been just a few modifications in the orignal j-10 thn it would have been completed way before 2015 probably in 2010 as the j-10 negotiations are in progress form ~2006

And for your info j-10 has already beaten su-27's and j-11's in dogfihts and it is PLAAF's front-line fighter

If The J10 had beaten a su27 WHICH ITSELF is a generation behind in technology to the SU30MKI itself i think China would have far more orders than a token 40 from PAF even then in 5 years time when the chinease have improved the J10 further.

@ 40m each its cheaper than a SU30MKI BY 20%

half the price of the f16/60 Typhoon Rafael and cheaper than the F16/52

Single engined J10 is far to light to go beat a twin engined Flanker even the old version SU27.

PLAAF is currently inductiing over 400 SU27/30/J11

that should tell you everything i think !!!!!11

Single engined J10 is far to light to go beat a twin engined Flanker even the old version SU27.

The F-16, being a single engined aircraft bested the MKI during Cope India on as many occasions as the MKI crews claimed to have bested it. So lets not go off on these unfounded "single engine" theories please.

The J-11/Su27/Su30 is an aircraft for the PLAN and not PLAAF. The Navy has a need for very long range aircraft that can be used in Force projection role.

PLAAF's requirements are different and their primary workhorse and leading edge platform is the J-10.

From Wat i see and read re The PLAAF future plans both in chinease forums and Western Forums the chinease are planning to have a Hi lo mix of fighters.

The J10 is China,s F16 is in USA Israel etc the lo end short range fighter with as you say the work horse roles.

The Flankers esp the J11 and SU30 etc are the high end force projection/ dominance fighters like USA/ISRAELI/JAPAN F15 fleets.

The chinease intend also to use J8 FINBACKS but thunder/fc1 is not considered at this stage for plaaf believe..

Which i again begs the question ???

i personallly think by quality wise IAF will be ahead becoz they will get 5 gen jets and most of our fleeet will be on JF 17 which are based on 4th gen jets

Disagree Falcon.

The IAF will get 5 gen fighters but not until 2018++ IMO

The IAF will have better quality essentially the SU30MKI over The Thunder which will be the 2 main fighters in each air force.

I believe IAF will field between 230-270 flankers by 2017

PAF posters are talking about 150-200 Thunders in 3 tranches over 2010-2017 period.

Storm Force If The J10 had beaten a su27 WHICH ITSELF is a generation behind in technology to the SU30MKI itself i think China would have far more orders than a token 40 from PAF even then in 5 years time when the chinease have improved the J10 further

Firstly PLAAF themselves have a very high requirement of j-10 in large numbers thats why they are concentrating on fulfilling their own airforce needs rather thn marketing it to other countries,As of now China is more busy in marketing jf-17 to third world countries which is rather cheaper and affordable to thrd world countries

And Pakistan is the first customer of j-10 coz of our old frndshp with China,they always offer us the best and newest they have,

Secondly who told you that no other country is eager to induct j-10 ,Iran is reportedly negotiating with China for inducting j-10's and there are other countries as well.

@ 40m each its cheaper than a SU30MKI BY 20%

half the price of the f16/60 Typhoon Rafael and cheaper than the F16/52

Yes its cheaper than Typhoon and Rafale but in case of f-16 block 52 you are totaly wrong f-16 block 52 are cheaper as compared to j-10

Again you messed up single engine and twin engine,The number of engines donot conclude the capabilities of a fighter,If single engine would have been inferior as compared too twin engine thn why USAF the most powerfull airforce of the world would have f-16's as there backbone when they even have budget and ability to go all out for all twin engines?
And let me tell you USAF have more 1000 f-16's

And in all the recent operations carried out by USAF f-16's were used most frequently and turned out to b most successful fighter in all operations when compared to other USAF fighters

And another thing if single engine jets would have been so inferior thn why USAF went for F-35 which is a single engine fighter?

Then havent anybody told you that PLAAF is also inducting j-10's in large numbers somewhere around 500 t0 600

Plus every airforce want to have a blend of aircrafts ,obviously one will always be better thn the other,
Tell me one thng if india have Su-30mki which is there main stay and best fighter thn why are they keeping mirage-2k and mig-21's with them ,why not go all out for mki's or other twin engine aircrafts,obviously because they want to have a blend of technologies

And finally the conclusion that PAF fc-20's will not b same as j-10 in PLAAF service rather an extensive upgrade of them

Last edited:
Yes, some may see parity in numbers as far as squdran strengh is concerned as very important factor in modern force projection especially in very voltile regions of south Asian subcontient. Falling squdaran strength in IAF is a major concern for many in India, at the same time for PAF, it has been a lack of modern air arm that can really put some fears in its counterparts. Most importantly, one should see squdran strength in terms of visionery aspects of Pilot training, Logistics, Air Intelligence and at the same time proper doctrine that can suit the needs of ever changing needs of battlefield.

we need some hi tech air-crafts which can counter su series air-crafts also most important mmrca deal jets.may be India choose f-18 than we talk to Russia for mig-35 or euro fighter from Europe.or Saab gripen from Sweden

we need some hi tech air-crafts which can counter su series air-crafts also most important mmrca deal jets.may be India choose f-18 than we talk to Russia for mig-35 or euro fighter from Europe.or Saab gripen from Sweden

No offence, but I dont think Pak can afford enough EFTs to really make any difference. Also I dont think the Gripen can match up to the Su-30MKI in air-to-air. India only has a remote chance of choosing the F-18 because of ToT problems and sanctions. Even if India chooses the F-18, I doubt whether Russia will be willing to sell Pak the MiG-35 cause China can access the MiG-35 through Pak.

Back
Top Bottom