What's new

Pak vs. India : Cricket series

Either way.. lets hope for the best and support them.

Go Shahid.. :bunny:

Did anyone see Gautam being an ASSHOLE and cursing openly? Bad, very bad attitude. :disagree::hitwall:

Nice, and Afridi probably started it by saying "good shot" to him, right? Either of us is blind Webby.

Nice, and Afridi probably started it by saying "good shot" to him, right? Either of us is blind Webby.

Only impression i got was that Afridi said... "what the **** is wrong with you??"

Do tell me what you saw with those hi-tech lenses.

I was just watching star news where Afridi was being interviewed by Arun Lal and where Afridi accepted that it was his mistake as he was angry...(Afridi said - Galti Meri thi...)

At the same time Gambhir could have controlled his anger as well...but then who can forget Miandad vs Kiran More, Sohail Vs Venkatesh, Sohail Vs Sidhu, Spectator Vs Inzamam and now Afridi Vs Gambhir ...thats the masala of Indo Pak Match ...can't avoid it

I was just watching star news where Afridi was being interviewed by Arun Lal and where Afridi accepted that it was his mistake as he was angry...(Afridi said - Galti Meri thi...)

At the same time Gambhir could have controlled his anger as well...but then who can forget Miandad vs Kiran More, Sohail Vs Venkatesh, Sohail Vs Sidhu, Spectator Vs Inzamam and now Afridi Vs Gambhir ...thats the masala of Indo Pak Match ...can't avoid it

It should be avoided. Remeber, this is not the battlefield, but a cricket series hosted in India to improve india-pak relations. these players are supposed to be the role models. if they start bickering, it undermines the purpose of the series.

We lost again what a pleasent suprise, anyhow it made me some money lol, i had put on india.

Pakistan need three-dimensional players - Ramiz Raja

Had Mahendra Singh Dhoni got his wish – he wanted to field first – at the toss then India could very well have been at the losing end. It was a good toss to lose because nobody read the 22 yards correctly. Shoaib Malik’s decision to bowl first had some merit because the track did look tacky in the morning. However, after an inconsistent start the pitch settled down and allowed India some breathing space. Pakistan’s bowling lacked the punch, and the opening spell from Shoaib Akhtar and Umar Gul was spasmodic and lifeless. They lost the advantage of bowling on the moist pitch very early in the day, and the fielders really did not help them. It was a show that eased the pressure off the Indians.

To be a consistent team, Pakistan will have to look for more three-dimensional cricketers and by that I mean bowlers who can bat a bit, batsmen who can bowl if needed and athletic fielders all around. The work has to start immediately, possibly at the academy level, and only then the percentage of victories will improve for Pakistan.

The Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh partnership is hurting the visitors quite badly. The option to restrict them so that they will falter and get out is a failed option. Unless Pakistan look to pick their wickets up, and grab the opportunity when it presents itself – Salman Butt dropped Yuvraj and I thought that it was the turning point – then the series will be difficult to win. Pakistan gave away at least 40 more runs to India, because in the morning it was not more than a 250-run pitch. They conceded around 40 extras at Mohali and 29 extras here in Kanpur – it is a self-inflicted wound that requires serious dressing.

India had written the script in their favour once they got to a total of 294. Like Dhoni and Yuvraj have been critical in propping up the score, Harbhajan has been brilliant for them and really the star for them in the middle overs. The writing was on the wall once he got the ball to spin, on a pitch which by that time had become heaven for the spinners. Salman Butt’s heroics with the bat were commendable but Pakistan kept on losing wickets at important junctures which paved the way for an Indian victory. Pakistan would feel they have lost an opportunity after a memorable win at Mohali. They have allowed India to resurface and unless they change gears in all departments – the series is threatening to be taken away from them.

Malik’s captaincy was a lot better. Only if he had got support from fielders and bowlers then the results could have been different. His own batting form has dipped and in one-day cricket the more he bats lower down the order the more difficult it will get for him – to get back into form that is. He can open the innings for Pakistan in the next game and lead from the front. It will allow him more time to relax at the crease and also allow him to control Pakistan’s batting.

Only impression i got was that Afridi said... "what the **** is wrong with you??"

Well - hats off you could read that. Only problem is that everybody else seem to think Afridi was the one at fault, including Afridi himself.

Cricinfo - Afridi and Gambhir fined

Afridi apologises to Gambhir

Do tell me what you saw with those hi-tech lenses.

Well it wasnt lenses, but the rather uncommon, common sense that helped me figure, dear Webby.

Helps me avoid putting my foot in the mouth

Afridi is a good man.

"Both players pleaded not guilty to the charges but even if the collision between them was viewed as an accident I still felt it was inappropriate," Mahanama said. "On top of that, there was a build-up to that incident and then they stood toe-to-toe arguing in mid-pitch immediately afterwards."

Afridi is a good man.

"Both players pleaded not guilty to the charges but even if the collision between them was viewed as an accident I still felt it was inappropriate," Mahanama said. "On top of that, there was a build-up to that incident and then they stood toe-to-toe arguing in mid-pitch immediately afterwards."

Okay, so 95% fine for afridi and 65% for Gambhir is equivalent.

And Afridi himself apologizing to Gambhir saying it was his fault and provocation, is also sort of equivalent.

Right! I get it. :pdf:

I actually wanted to see Afridi knocking his teeth out. It would then be equal.

I actually wanted to see Afridi knocking his teeth out. It would then be equal.

Not a prudent decision if afridi chose to knock gambhir's teeth out. Gambhir was the one holding the bat.

Also, if Afridi did knock Gambhir's teeth out, Gambhir would be back after getting false teeth. Afridi would be banned for life.

Plus the indian crowd will tear him apart like a pack of wolves.

Not a prudent decision if afridi chose to knock gambhir's teeth out. Gambhir was the one holding the bat.

Also, if Afridi did knock Gambhir's teeth out, Gambhir would be back after getting false teeth. Afridi would be banned for life.

Pathans don't think that far. If it came to that he'd do it anyway.

Yeah, i agree. Thats why he didn't. Also he had to be the role model... :what:

Back
Top Bottom