What's new

Pak vs. India : Cricket series

Both teams should also concentrate on bowling their 50 overs in the allowed time. i was surprised pakistan wasnt penalised, though they took much more time than allowed.

Because Pakistan bowled 31 wides :) and total extras was 41 :confused:

Yes Moin
The extras are still the problem Pakistani Bowlers need to over come.
And it becomes more important when your batsmen are not performaing well which puts extra burden on bowlers.

Chokers have their catharsis by Kamran Abbasi

All is far from perfect in the Pakistan cricket team. The questions posed at the start of this series about the openers and wicketkeeper are some way from resolution. But Pakistan's successful chase of 321 under lights was a welcome and essential triumph. "Chokers" is a demoralising title for any sports team, even when it is well earned. It hurts the soul and shrinks the spirit. When Shahid Afridi and Sohail Tanvir entered the final act of Mohali's memorable one-dayer, a further stumble might have caused mental damage that would have quickly handed the rest of the series to India. Instead, they held their nerve in confident fashion.
Now Pakistan face the next encounter with an unexpected optimism. Tanvir plays with refreshing gusto and positivity. Afridi has shown he can measure his aggression for a few overs when it matters. Younis Khan has an influential century to calm his one-day anxiety. And Shoaib Akhtar and Umar Gul are beginning to forge a rapid and penetrative partnership. Crucially, India have problems aplenty to offer some balance to Pakistan's weaknesses.
One dramatic chase has revived Pakistan's optimism and begun the banishment of the chokers tag. Cricket is an exhilarating sport when contested by flawed but flamboyant powers. Pakistan, you might argue, are a touch more flawed and a shade more flamboyant, which probably places the advantage with India. But Pakistan fans at least expect their team to fight, an attribute that mysteriously disappeared during South Africa's tour only to reemerge in Mohali. What inspired its return is unclear but now this team knows it can perform when it matters--and that should be a moment of catharsis.

Akhtar visits orphanage, plays cricket with children

Saturday, November 10, 2007

MOHALI, India: Pakistan’s pace star Shoaib Akhtar on Friday visited an orphanage in the adjacent city of Chandigarh and played cricket with the children there.

A Pakistan team official told ‘The News’ that Shoaib chose to make the visit to the orphanage on what was a sort of a rest day for Pakistan after their thrilling four-wicket win over India in the second one-dayer here on Thursday. Most of his teammates carried out a physical training session at their hotel gym.

“Shoaib went to a local orphanage to be with the children on Diwali day and spent his time playing cricket with the kids who were really excited at seeing the cricketer,” said the team spokesman.

Shoaib, 33, dubbed as the bad boy of Pakistan cricket, returned from an international ban last month just days before the start of the tour of India. After having spent the last several months out of cricket either due o injury or suspension, Shoaib is now trying to put his international career back on track.

According to team officials he is now working harder in training sessions and has also improved his behaviour off the field. However, Shoaib who is ‘one act of indiscipline away from a life ban’ was in the limelight for all the wrong reasons at the start of this tour earlier this month when Indian newspapers and channels played up the pacer’s visits to some nightclubs and discos in New Delhi during the team’s stay in the Indian capital last week.

However PCB chairman Nasim Ashraf has defended the fast bowler and said that the Indian media is targeting Shoaib in attempt to ‘scandalise’ him. “Shoaib has been a role model for his teammates on this tour,” Ashraf was quoted as saying recently.

India is 294/6. Who thinks Pakistani batting can manage to score it? I have doubts about it.. since Pakistani batting has less percentage of being successful.

I'm affraid we'll loose this one. :undecided:

Either way.. lets hope for the best and support them.

Go Shahid.. :bunny:

Did anyone see Gautam being an ASSHOLE and cursing openly? Bad, very bad attitude. :disagree::hitwall:

Now younis khan has fallen too. Run rate is in pak's favour, but if India can pick up two more wickets in the next 10 overs, it'll be pretty much India's game.

The way they are playing right now is a freeze in runs.. No runs at all, and thats not gonna make them win.

Well bowled by India. When I left to write a test (in our university we write tests on weekends), Yousuf and Butt were cruising at over 6 an over. thought India's goose was cooked. When i come back, India has won!

Well played to Salman Butt for his century. Practically the only highlight of Pakistan's batting today.

I wish an Indian would hit a century before the series is over

Pakistan lost match...I am very Sad...but no problem...INSHA'ALLAH we will win next match...:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom