What's new

Pak-Saudi 3 weeks long joint exercise (Al-Samsaam-IV-2011)

It has Saudi land forces logo on it.... And the same camo on it too....does that mean we bought it...interesting...

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Also Saudi service number on it....

Maybe ur right... but why would the saudis import 1 frm china... instead of using thier own US made humvees? phasing them out?

Maybe ur right... but why would the saudis import 1 frm china... instead of using thier own US made humvees? phasing them out?

I think this is part of the strategic shift Saudi Arabia is doing shifting from the US to China. I don't think it is only one we never buy just one of these things. Besides I am angry weather we buy it from the US or China we already make something similar our own why not use it??

I think this is part of the strategic shift Saudi Arabia is doing shifting from the US to China. I don't think it is only one we never buy just one of these things. Besides I am angry weather we buy it from the US or China we already make something similar our own why not use it??

KSA makes humvees? which ones... r u talkin abt ghazal? or th ford based light armoured SUVs?

Interesting how the pictures show no Saudi weaponry of any kind . It only show Saudi soldiers with Pakistani gears .
In fact, I don't think they brought any weapons with them at all . It's more like Pakistanis training Saudi Arabians than a joint exercise :P .

Thanks for the picture brother Imran . Please keep us informed about what's going on to our boys over there . Train them hard . I hope they all come back missing a teeth xD .

Holy shyt thts a chinese made mengshi humvee...whats tht doing in Pak>? im sure Saudi forcs didnt bring any vehicles on their airliner.... As a matter of fact i dnt see saudi combat gear either.... but the SUV? Did PA buy them? coz no more land rovers r being bought coz sme brit indian bought the shares.... ?

Lol , I'm sorry mate but " holy S**it " crack me up whenever i hear it . what is so holy about it ? was it blessed lately ?
There are many things I don't understand in the English language and that is one of them . when they take a prefix "holy" and then attaching it to a dirty word . :D

KSA makes humvees? which ones... r u talkin abt ghazal? or th ford based light armoured SUVs?

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

They are not based on ford. The first one is just a Japanese make over while Al-Shibil2 is Saudi on everything except the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting how the pictures show no Saudi weaponry of any kind . It only show Saudi soldiers with Pakistani gears .
In fact, I don't think they brought any weapons with them at all . It's more like Pakistanis training Saudi Arabians than a joint exercise :P .

Thanks for the picture brother Imran . Please keep us informed about what's going on to our boys over there . Train them hard . I hope they all come back missing a teeth xD .

Lol , I'm sorry mate but " holy S**it " crack me up whenever i hear it . what is so holy about it ? was it blessed lately ?
There are many things I don't understand in the English language and that is one of them . when they take a prefix "holy" and then attaching it to a dirty word . :D

Dnt know if the shyt is blessed ... but me likey... :)

Wonderful to see Saudi Engineering making some progress , even if its small its still great sign but what we look forward to is Saudi involvement in Euro Fighter Typhoon and its radar and other critical components

Holy shyt thts a chinese made mengshi humvee...whats tht doing in Pak>? im sure Saudi forcs didnt bring any vehicles on their airliner.... As a matter of fact i dnt see saudi combat gear either.... but the SUV? Did PA buy them? coz no more land rovers r being bought coz sme brit indian bought the shares.... ?
there is also a saudi flag on it

Well guys , I've done a little bit of searching and the vehicle in that picture is actually a Spanish made URO VAMTAC that Saudi Arabia just bought recently along with the Leopard Tanks .

uro_vamtac.jpg

977678196270.jpg

Well guys , I've done a little bit of searching and the vehicle in that picture is actually a Spanish made URO VAMTAC that Saudi Arabia just bought recently along with the Leopard Tanks .

uro_vamtac.jpg

977678196270.jpg

This thing is getting outdated. Most countries are switching to MRAPC (Mine resistant armored personnel carrier) for better protection for the crew these days. Again why buy it in the first place. We even make MRAPC ourselves >.>
Al_Masmak_MRAP_Mine_Resistant_wheeled_Armoured_Personnel_carrier_vehicle_Saudi_Arabia_Defence_Industry_004.jpg

977678196270.jpg

482703097164.jpg

341355271171.jpg

198900839546.jpg

304076386615.jpg

182185389566.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Pakistan army just look these exercises from far away .i never seen a single solder in action :D

I think sir the only thing participated from our side is our gadgets only n our trainers ...............

I think sir the only thing participated from our side is our gadgets only n our trainers ...............

I think it is part of the "Give them the same training you give your soldiers" kind of deal. The exercises are yet to finish maybe they will on the final phase.

I think it is part of the "Give them the same training you give your soldiers" kind of deal. The exercises are yet to finish maybe they will on the final phase.
i hope these men learn alot from our soldiers and make there country proud in time of need . But i am desperately looking for the Pak Saudi Air force Exercise with the same use each other Equipment type thing :cheers:...............

i hope these men learn alot from our soldiers and make there country proud in time of need . But i am desperately looking for the Pak Saudi Air force Exercise with the same use each other Equipment type thing :cheers:...............

The Al-Soqoor exercise was done warier this year. With Saudi F-15s and Pakistani F-16s and Mirages. Air force exercise usually have the other air force pilot sitting in the back seat of the other air force's plane. Only very rarely where they fly each other's planes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom