What's new

Pak-China defence deal should not be hyped

stax

Reaction score
BEIJING (BNS): Indian defence deal with Russia and US ends up in millions of dollars, China came up with this statement after supporting its defence deal of frigates and submarines with Pakistan, according to a media report here.

Pakistan's deal with China on defence equipment can cause tension for its neighbouring countries, but Pakistan is an independent country and is free to modernize its military power, the China Daily said in a report.

Pakistan naval chief Noman Bhasir, who was on a visit to China, said that his country's proposal in submarine cooperation was aimed at Pakistan's sea border protection.

According to the report, Pakistan is planning to buy bigger warships from China besides submarines and frigates. Pakistan has ordered overall eight F22P frigates for its navy since 2005.

"The initiative may invite concerns from its neighbouring countries. But the doubts are unnecessary,” China Daily quoted Zhai Dequan, deputy director of China Arms Control and Disarmament Association, as saying.

Pak-China defence deal should not be hyped

While I support that Pakistan is free to purchase whatever if feels for their need, it is not a bad idea for India to try and block these deals. Pakistan also does the same with respect to India, US nuclear deal etc. However it is better to do things then saying it in media.

This is done by all countries.

Last edited:
hi

i want to ask one question from 1947 till now where you stand dont tell me just ask from your heart and you will get your answer

if china want to take usa position then they must have to keep India his side

hate and anger will not help any one

Nobody is spreading hatred. China is trying to sell weapons to Pakistan because we want to make sure the power in the south Asia is properly balanced. This way, there will be no "regional superpower" that could just attack other countries as they wish, and peace and stability will be maintained.

russia=close diplomatic position,member of P5
india=border issue,hostile to our brother country

I do not think China is interested in AP, also in days to come these issues will be sorted out for sure. We are heading for better relationships.

Nobody is spreading hatred. China is trying to sell weapons to Pakistan because we want to make sure the power in the south Asia is properly balanced. This way, there will be no "regional superpower" that could just attack other countries as they wish, and peace and stability will be maintained.

India's military advancement is gr8... it is for maintaining proper balance of power in Asia...

though i strongly feel Vietnam is also a independent country...
India should in nearby future start to sell weapons to it...Just to maintain balance....

hi

i want to ask one question from 1947 till now where you stand dont tell me just ask from your heart and you will get your answer

if china want to take usa position then they must have to keep India his side

hate and anger will not help any one

Why do you believe that China is going to take US position? Isn't it the desire of most Indians to take the US position? And China is just a speed bump in that ambition? That is what I get from most Indian members here.

I do not think China is interested in AP, also in days to come these issues will be sorted out for sure. We are heading for better relationships.

is that the same AP that China retreated a while ago? If so, why would China claim it if it has no interest in it? What do you think is China's agenda in claiming ap?

Why do you believe that China is going to take US position? Isn't it the desire of most Indians to take the US position? And China is just a speed bump in that ambition? That is what I get from most Indian members here.

Now India and China are going like the US and the USSR in the cold war era. Only time will tell who will become Russia and Who will become US.

India's military advancement is gr8... it is for maintaining proper balance of power in Asia...

though i strongly feel Vietnam is also a independent country...
India should in nearby future start to sell weapons to it...Just to maintain balance....

I thought India is an arms exporter not an importer? Also, why would other countries want to buy arms manufacture in India if Indian military does not want them? I'm not trying to insult India but just stating a fact. Should India military first have to show confidence in its domestically produces hardware before others would want it.:devil:

is that the same AP that China retreated a while ago? If so, why would China claim it if it has no interest in it? What do you think is China's agenda in claiming ap?

I am aware about their statement, what I meant is that they are not serious and believe me AP will remain with us. Chinese are intelligent people.

Now India and China are going like the US and the USSR in the cold war era. Only time will tell who will become Russia and Who will become US.

Thanks for deliberately trying to insult the US:no::disagree:

The US will be the US and Russia will still be Russia. China is a growing country but its still quite weak. A lot of things can still derail its growth. India is 20+ years behind China.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom