What's new

Pak-China defence deal should not be hyped

Why do you believe that China is going to take US position? Isn't it the desire of most Indians to take the US position? And China is just a speed bump in that ambition? That is what I get from most Indian members here.

Hello neither China nor India can take position of USA. The Indian's who might think we can are living in wonderland. The new bread of India's who got the job without much fight think everything is easy.

USA is too smart buddy, the day they will feel China is a threat they will counter it. Most factories in China is established by US firms, if needed they can be moved and China is doomed.

I am aware about their statement, what I meant is that they are not serious and believe me AP will remain with us. Chinese are intelligent people.

Well, then there must be something else they want. What is it in your opinion as they regard ap a bargaining chip?

Well, then there must be something else they want. What is it in your opinion as they regard ap a bargaining chip?

Is it not obvious, Tibet.They want India to keep Dalia in check. I can see the understanding growing between the 2 nations. Believe me two nations have lot of lose if there is a war and war does not happen in such situation.

Hello neither China nor India can take position of USA. The Indian's who might think we can are living in wonderland. The new bread of India's who got the job without much fight think everything is easy.

USA is too smart buddy, the day they will feel China is a threat they will counter it. Most factories in China is established by US firms, if needed they can be moved and China is doomed.

mmm. its as easy as moving the US firms. Also, most Chinese factories are created by oversea Chinese such as Taiwanese and Hong Kong. Also, a lot of Japanese and Koreans.

China is also absorbing a greater share of its production capability. Its reliance on US market will get smaller over time. If US companies pulling out as other companies from Japan, Korea or Europe will just fill the void. Finally, US companies are there for the Chinese market as well as taking advantage of it lax environmental law. China cannot be doomed because US companies pull out.

Maybe you don't believe it, but its clear that a lot of Indians here is counting down to the day that India will replace the US.

Is it not obvious, Tibet.They want India to keep Dalia in check. I can see the understanding growing between the 2 nations. Believe me two nations have lot of lose if there is a war and war does not happen in such situation.

Once the current Dalai die, I wonder how the next one will be chosen. The current Dalai was chosen by KMT's Chiang kai Shek so he is inherently anti communist.

According to the report, Pakistan is planning to buy bigger warships from China besides submarines and frigates. Pakistan has ordered overall eight F22P frigates for its navy since 2005.

any information about the bigger warships? :woot:
destroier ?
or even bigger
amphibious assult ship ?

India's military advancement is gr8... it is for maintaining proper balance of power in Asia...

though i strongly feel Vietnam is also a independent country...
India should in nearby future start to sell weapons to it...Just to maintain balance....

:rofl:I don't think India will sell weapons to Vietnam, for several reasons:
1. Most of your weapons are bought from other countries, HOW are you going to sell your weapons then? Sell your second-hand weapons? I doubt any country will accept them.
2. Most of your domestically made weapons are low in quality and high on price. For example, your LCA Tejas was the second combat aircraft you guys ever built (beside your 1950s HF-24 Marut) , and it cost 21 million,and India is still evaluating this plane. while the JF-17 is only 15 million, and it is already in mass production long time ago.
3. I doubt that Vietnam would have the balls to accept your weapons because it would start a arms race in Asia, and it would be unwise for Vietnam(GDP:240.757 billion) to fight a country with a total GDP of $7.926 trillion.
:sniper::china:

1. Most of your weapons are bought from other countries, HOW are you going to sell your weapons then? Sell your second-hand weapons? I doubt any country will accept them.
2. Most of your domestically made weapons are low in quality and high on price. For example, your LCA Tejas was the second combat aircraft you guys ever built (beside your 1950s HF-24 Marut) , and it cost 21 million,and India is still evaluating this plane. while the JF-17 is only 15 million, and it is already in mass production long time ago.
3. I doubt that Vietnam would have the balls to accept your weapons because it would start a arms race in Asia, and it would be unwise for Vietnam(GDP:240.757 billion) to fight a country with a total GDP of $7.926 trillion.

Maybe that guy is looking ahead at year 2060.... a long term planner

High Quality and Specs also make price high, you cant build F-22 like plane in your JF-17 price can you? :rofl:

For ur info, Vietnam already procured 4 Sovit Kilo subs. PLus Bhramos missile is enough to keep all Chinese Surface fleet of navy 290 km from shores .
LCA uses composite materials which has its own advantages then all metal frame, word is not moving towards composite materials and all you stuck in metal frame;) for your information JF-17 is rejected by Chinese Air force also :rofl:

Still when Chinese sell to Pak which depends on other country AID to run , Vietnam is still better then Pakistan ;)

word is not moving towards composite materials and all you stuck in metal frame
ac5dd75a5bc1c0474d7b2f4b59b4335d.jpg

for your information JF-17 is rejected by Chinese Air force also
because we have hundreds ground attack aircraft like JH7 and su-30.JF-17 is a multi-role fighter-bomber,i think PLA will go for JF-17block 2.

Last edited:
type 54a frigate

According to the report, Pakistan is planning to buy bigger warships (type 54a frigate) from China besides submarines and frigates. Pakistan has ordered overall eight F22P frigates for its navy since 2005.

to buy feigates besides frigates? sounds strange, don't you thing so?

to buy feigates besides frigates? sounds strange, don't you thing so?

According to open source, 6 out of Pakistan navy's 7 frigates have been in operation for decades and will retire from the military within 10 years. PN urgently need to replace them with new modernized frigates with anti-air capability. 054A is a far more better choice for PN than the F22p .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom