What's new

Pak Army Strikes Back to Indian LOC Video

Pakistani Soldiers are so accurate in hitting Indian bases. They deserve Medals and appreciations for their professional skills.

Fundamentally, I do not support such border massacre. Both sides lose humans and both side gains NOTHING. Its is not a war, no sides makes any progress. We can kill 100 Indians at the border and we will get nothing, and Indians can attack 100 Pakistanis because it is as doable. Please refrain and tell Indians to refrain. If they don't stop, then take an equal revenge and do not over kill, hoping the other side might finally realise.

Pakistan has never gained anything by warring with India.

It has only lost.

I agree with the sentiment of your post though.

But I do not have much hope of hostilities ceasing anytime soon.

I'm afraid hostilities will cease only when one country, or both, get hurt very badly.

Because up till now, as wars go, our nation's have fought as soldiers, hardly ever touching each others civilian populaces.

Which is why I believe the hostilities continue. Because neither populace has actually felt war in its brutal reality.

Were Indians and Pakistanis, Allah raham, ever feel war in its undiluted state, like Europe did, then they would come to their senses.

If they still survived such a war.

Those were not controlled explosions but typical explosion of a 105mm HESH round fired by a tank gun.

1. The explosions seemed to be taking place in a chain.
2. I am not certain Indian forces maintain any Armour presence on fwd posts, the logistics make it impossible. Most of these posts cannot even be serviced by an ATV.
3. The frequency and range of hits indicates multiple batteries or sources of explosions at work. It has to be up to three tanks if that were the case.
4. At probably less than 100m, putting a tank on a fwd post would probably invite a flurry of ATGMs at first possible opportunity to render it inoperable.

Sir soldiers on both sides posted at duties like flag ceremonies held at border like Wagah, do they get penalised for mistakes out of their control like slipping, falling etc.? They must be under immense pressure every evening with common people present and hooting on both sides.

No, there is no punishment or anything. Its not a life or death scenario and anyone who has ever worn a pair of FTs knows that you're bound to take a couple of slides whenever you partake in drill with those things.

I am not certain Indian forces maintain any Armour presence on fwd posts
One former commander along the LoC explains how he drove a Vijayanta into a specially-made driving position for use against Pakistani bunkers before the 2003 ceasefire. "The Vijayanta wasn't a good offensive tank and had mechanical troubles, but was excellent in the defensive role and made for a great pillbox. Its 105 mm main gun could literally shred enemy bunkers."
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/transformers-retired-tanks-functioning-as-bunkers/1/948896.html

1. I have served the length and breadth of the LOC and never seen a tank there.
2. As I said before, the logistics of the entire affair make it highly implausible.
3. I noted that a tank would be a magnet for ATGMs.

I am sure one or two such cases must have occurred but I assure you that it is not the norm and it isn't a viable long term solution.
We have been using tanks on LoC as artillery pillboxes for many years:
The Indian army is using retired Vijayanta and T-55 tanks as pillboxes along the Line of Control, their 105 mm main guns functioning as mobile artillery pieces.

The 1.41 minute video opens with a shot of an anti-tank guided missile (either a Konkurs or a Milan) racing towards and exploding inside a bunker. It is followed up by a barrage of shots and explosions which some army officials say almost certainly appear to be high- explosive squash head (HESH) rounds fired from a battle tank's main guns judging by their characteristic black smoke. A voiceover in Punjabi, possibly that of the cameraperson, adds credence to this. He whispers "Tank lag gaya...gira diya...Tank aa gaya..." (the tanks have hit).

One former commander along the LoC explains how he drove a Vijayanta into a specially-made driving position for use against Pakistani bunkers before the 2003 ceasefire. "The Vijayanta wasn't a good offensive tank and had mechanical troubles, but was excellent in the defensive role and made for a great pillbox. Its 105 mm main gun could literally shred enemy bunkers."

Armored corps veterans says the tanks given to the infantry units were largely static and had limited hull movement but full turret movement. The guns are manned by armored corps gunners. The .50 calibre coaxial guns were also used in cross-border firing.
https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.indi...ed-tanks-functioning-as-bunkers/1/948896.html

We have been using tanks on LoC as artillery pillboxes for many years:

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.indi...ed-tanks-functioning-as-bunkers/1/948896.html

Frankly, this is the first I am hearing of this.
Haven't seen any.
Don't know anyone who's seen any.
Can't quite understand how its possible.
There's only that one article to say that such a state of affairs exists and offers no tangible proof.

I'm skeptical, maybe @third eye can comment on the efficacy of this story?
I was involved in an operation where we had to pull a Fd Arty piece to a post and even that required the efforts of several companies, almost the entire unit, I dare say. The thing had to be moved in one night and we had up to a hundred injured before the operation was completed.
I imagine it would be even more difficult with tanks. Up to 60 degree slopes, uneven rocky ground with dense vegetation and outcrops. I was a mediocre officer but even I know where I can take a tank and where I can't take it :p:

Last edited:
Nothing strategic is going to be gained. I guess both sides need to feed the egos of their civilian populations. Both sides probably also know that nothing is going to spiral out of control.

Haven't seen any.
There's only that one article to say that such a state of affairs exists and offers no tangible proof.

There was this video released recently which showed Indian forces targeting a Pakistani check post on LoC and in this video a guy was heard saying "tank ka laga ha" "sir tank ka lag gya ha, gira dea" as if he was referring to a tank fired round hitting the target. I am quite sure he is basing his argument on that video. :)

There was this video released recently which showed Indian forces targeting a Pakistani check post on LoC and in this video a guy was heard saying "tank ka laga ha" "sir tank ka lag gya ha, gira dea" as if he was referring to a tank fired round hitting the target. I am quite sure he is basing his argument on that video. :)

If you can link the video, I can take a took. Might be referring to an ATGM.

If you can link the video, I can take a took. Might be referring to an ATGM.
I guess it showed an ATGM fired in the vid as well so yeah, may be it is that. However i think that our friend is basing his argument on that video.

Wait, i will find that for you.

Edit:
Here it is,
It shows an ATGM hitting first, followed with shelling with guy then saying "tank ka lag gya" as if it was a tank round. Not sure if he is referring to the ATGM fired first or one of the rounds fired later on (that was either artillery or tank round)

Last edited:
Why the Title says "Army Strikes Back"" didn't pakistan army deny Indian army destrying their bunkers yesterday :o:

I guess it showed an ATGM fired in the vid as well so yeah, may be it is that. However i think that our friend is basing his argument on that video.

Wait, i will find that for you.

Edit:
Here it is,
It shows an ATGM hitting first, followed with shelling with guy then saying "tank ka lag gya" as if it was a tank round. Not sure if he is referring to the ATGM fired first or one of the rounds fired later on (that was either artillery or tank round)

That is definitely not an ATGM in the later explosions but I don't hear a tank firing in the background either. The round is definitely larger than a mortar. Might just be Fd Arty or a Tank Pillbox as the Indian members claim but getting a tank onto the post is the problem that I see. Might be an isolated instance of a post with a very fine reverse slope approach but even then, getting a tank transporter to the fwd post through winding, single lane mountain roads is impossible.

Haven't seen any.

I was involved in an operation where we had to pull a Fd Arty piece to a post and even that required the efforts of several companies, almost the entire unit, I dare say. The thing had to be moved in one night and we had up to a hundred injured before the operation was completed.
I imagine it would be even more difficult with tanks. Up to 60 degree slopes, uneven rocky ground with dense vegetation and outcrops. I was a mediocre officer but even I know where I can take a tank and where I can't take it :p:

You need to order some Chinooks. They'll take 'em anywhere you want :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom