What's new

Pak Army Strikes Back to Indian LOC Video

Not me .But I have sources ,close friends in military.

In that case your friends must have slept through their classes at Dehradhun.

If there were any casuality they would have been reported that by now, a lots of days have been passed since your video date .

This just further reinforces my belief that you know nothing about how things work at the LOC.
This type of fire is a daily occurrence. In most cases, the men manning the post being pounded will retreat to their bunkers and wait for the barrage to pass there will be no casualty, save for the first salvo which might catch someone off-guard.
Come night, the fallen structures will be constructed again (its just stones stacked with a little mud) and within three days the post will be exactly like it used to be.

Media dont have to be jingoistic if there is any casuality report due to accidents .
Rest of India will also believes because we arent witnesses.
But there is no casuality report until now ,attacks like that at least cause 20plus injuries.
Icarus was an Officer .I am not even remotely connected to defence.Agreed.
But you can think about it
Indian media is hand in glove with Indian authorities.... it only reports what it's told and to some extent to what Indians want to listen and read, it's now also obvious that Indian Army hide their casualties. Over the last decade and half, neither the IA or the media disclosed the heavy number of casualties that India suffered so it's suffice to say as what's happening now, we will hear about it some years down the lane.

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...oldiers-since-2001-an-rti-reveals-265046.html

In that case your friends must have slept through their classes at Dehradhun.

This just further reinforces my belief that you know nothing about how things work at the LOC.
This type of fire is a daily occurrence. In most cases, the men manning the post being pounded will retreat to their bunkers and wait for the barrage to pass there will be no casualty, save for the first salvo which might catch someone off-guard.
Come night, the fallen structures will be constructed again (its just stones stacked with a little mud) and within three days the post will be exactly like it used to be.

Can we actually believes that statement ?
Because the ammunitions that used to pound those structures werent an ordinary .At any case it was several caliber higher than Indian Army used in Noushera .
If PA notch up shootings to that level then situations would be out of control in LoC since IA wont tolerate such actions .

Have you seen the neutralization of very old buildings ?Those videos were something like that .
And since when did Indian posts began to use mere stones for posts .A lots of article says and verified that we uses concrete structures in there .Nothing in that video that seems like concrete .

Indian media is hand in glove with Indian authorities.... it only reports what it's told and to some extent to what Indians want to listen and read, it's now also obvious that Indian Army hide their casualties. Over the last decade and half, neither the IA or the media disclosed the heavy number of casualties that India suffered so it's suffice to say as what's happening now, we will hear about it some years down the lane.

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...oldiers-since-2001-an-rti-reveals-265046.html

BS.
This is not some banana republic.
Soldiers have families and they always keep contacts with them .If there is any suspicion ,Families can approach Govt,State Govts,Courts,Media ,Social media you name it .
No govts would dare for such stupidity.

BS.
This is not some banana republic.
Soldiers have families and they always keep contacts with them .If there is any suspicion ,Families can approach Govt,State Govts,Courts,Media ,Social media you name it .
No govts would dare for such stupidity.
Well i suggest you save your BS and use your brain ....the figure of some 5000 killed over 15 years averages to around 25 Indian soldiers killed each months.....can you prove when did Indian Army or media ever admitted or reported such figures.

Well i suggest you save your BS and use your brain ....the figure of some 5000 killed over 15 years averages to around 25 Indian soldiers killed each months.....can you prove when did Indian Army or media ever admitted or reported such figures.

Well I have to say that to you .Use your brain .Because during initial years of 21st century casualities was on the scale of 500 -1000 range in a year due to heightened state of militancy and Loc Violation in Kashmir .Soldiers died and their families suffered the loss ,media reported and nation gave respects to them .
Compared to that time ,now the current situation is far better . This average of 25 is just a game of maths .
And you believed that assumption is right in real life .
Nice logic anyway.

which video is this? the one posted in YT a month ago? or another one?

Can we actually believes that statement ?
Because the ammunitions that used to pound those structures werent an ordinary .At any case it was several caliber higher than Indian Army used in Noushera .

I've spent my entire life firing mortars and those look like mortars to me.

If PA notch up shootings to that level then situations would be out of control in LoC since IA wont tolerate such actions

Lol, if only you knew. We used to fire each other based on the performance of our cricket teams. IA won't tolerate it? Will they complain to my commander? Fwd posts don't work like that. We're less than 100m away. Know each other by face, sometimes even by name. Exchange obscenities all the time. Occasionally joke around and call the other side to defect and keep shelling each other from time to time. IA won't tolerate it, what hogwash! Both sides exchange fire all the time.

And since when did Indian posts began to use mere stones for posts .A lots of article says and verified that we uses concrete structures in there .Nothing in that video that seems like concrete .

Those articles are pure BS. Concrete structures on a fwd post? How do you establish a concrete structure on a slope facing the enemy? Do you have magic machines that dig into solid rock for the foundations? Do you have invisible cement mixers that also have the capability to work off-road? Have you developed some technique to balance concrete structures on a 60+ degree slope?

Your whole argument is so ill-informed, I'm aghast. @third eye maybe you can explain to the man how preposterous his childish notions are.

Well I have to say that to you .Use your brain .Because during initial years of 21st century casualities was on the scale of 500 -1000 range in a year due to heightened state of militancy and Loc Violation in Kashmir .Soldiers died and their families suffered the loss ,media reported and nation gave respects to them .
Compared to that time ,now the current situation is far better . This average of 25 is just a game of maths .
And you believed that assumption is right in real life .
Nice logic anyway.
Using brain doesn't exactly means pressing the reply button without even reading the content. If Indian Army and Indian media were as honest as you trying to portray them, then the concerned wouldn't need to make queries.

Darve told the Indian Express about his motive for the RTI: "I filed the RTI to understand what the armed forces have faced in the last few years since Kargil (conflict). The figures are shocking and indicate that we lose our jawans more frequently in ceasefire violations than we are told. I plan to write to the government to make all these instances known to the people."

Your whole argument is so ill-informed, I'm aghast. @third eye maybe you can explain to the man how preposterous his childish notions are.

My apologies, pressures of work prevents me from following things here. I am unaware of the video in question therefore cannot remark on its veracity.

I shall restrict myself to the following :

Post in High Alt & along the LC are made of every conceivable material available locally and / or using what can be brought from the interiors. This includes stones, wood, sheet, mud , Cement & other forms of concrete.

Further, when a post is hit the reason why casualties are low is that invariably the troops move to an alternate location ( this is a method as old as maybe WW II or even older). The first hits may get a man or two but that too is rare & troops are familiar with each others ' routine in defence".

Lol, if only you knew. We used to fire each other based on the performance of our cricket teams. IA won't tolerate it? Will they complain to my commander? Fwd posts don't work like that. We're less than 100m away. Know each other by face, sometimes even by name. Exchange obscenities all the time. Occasionally joke around and call the other side to defect and keep shelling each other from time to time. IA won't tolerate it, what hogwash! Both sides exchange fire all the time.

Haha , reminds me of the times when we'd get a call from across to shoot wild boar who'd damage crop in fields along the LC- something we gladly did to pickle.

Similarly , villagers on our side would tell us to ask the guys across to shoot Blue Bull for the same reasons.

My apologies, pressures of work prevents me from following things here. I am unaware of the video in question therefore cannot remark on its veracity.

I am just glad you are able to add in whatever capacity possible. Its always a pleasure having you on board.

Post in High Alt & along the LC are made of every conceivable material available locally and / or using what can be brought from the interiors. This includes stones, wood, sheet, mud , Cement & other forms of concrete.

Further, when a post is hit the reason why casualties are low is that invariably the troops move to an alternate location ( this is a method as old as maybe WW II or even older). The first hits may get a man or two but that too is rare & troops are familiar with each others ' routine in defence".

Thank you. I'm surprised how perceptions to the position at the LOC are often completely contrary to the reality.

Haha , reminds me of the times when we'd get a call from across to shoot wild boar who'd damage crop in fields along the LC- something we gladly did to pickle.

Similarly , villagers on our side would tell us to ask the guys across to shoot Blue Bull for the same reasons.

Hahahaha good times. There was a time when I knew almost the entire 5 MLI Officer roster! Met many of them for border flag meetings, would see them almost daily across our positions. We'd start the day with "Kaise ho dost" and be greeted with a "teri maa ka ******". Then they'd shout over "kheer khao gay" and one of our guys would shout "tumhari amma ka ****** khayen gay". All in good fun :D.

Then when we'd shell each other, we'd know the other party is rebuilding at night but neither would shoot at an exposed man. For all our differences, there's a certain camaraderie and a sense of unity through common suffering up there.

@Icarus
Normally bunkers on Indo-Pak LOC constructed with mud/cement and stones with support of wood but since last year I.A start construction of solid bunkers and tunnels on LOC and working boundary.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ound-bunkers-on-kashmir-frontier-as-border-c/
Our regular bunker can withstand mortar shells but against artillery fire the became useless and for this reason India started to build under ground tunnels and solid bunkers.

@Icarus
Normally bunkers on Indo-Pak LOC constructed with mud/cement and stones with support of wood but since last year I.A start construction of solid bunkers and tunnels on LOC and working boundary.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ound-bunkers-on-kashmir-frontier-as-border-c/
Our regular bunker can withstand mortar shells but against artillery fire the became useless and for this reason India started to build under ground tunnels and solid bunkers.

Every post has underground bunkers and trenches. The point I was contesting was that the above surface structures are not concrete as claimed by the member I was debating with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom