What's new

Pak ACM states India has 3500 BVR missles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look dude no offence against you or any other muslim friend brother. I am proud to be a Muslim and Pakistan no doubt obout it. You really hurt me by saying this, if I say these words against how could u feel in that senario.

I am disgusted at your remarks.

Is being an indian something that makes you disgusting? Whatever. What a crap about proud this or that... I judge your posts and being honestly they smell... If you feel hurt then you must be a sissy. That is my opinion. Grow up, get a job and stay out of these forums if you cannot control your emotions...

Is being an indian something that makes you disgusting? Whatever. What a crap about proud this or that... I judge your posts and being honestly they smell... If you feel hurt then you must be a sissy. That is my opinion. Grow up, get a job and stay out of these forums if you cannot control your emotions...

cool my dear sir.many members here don't know you:smitten:

These are the current SU30MKI sqds.

As you will see there are 5 Squadrons (not 3 as some people insist on)

No. 24 Sqn AF known as the Hawks based in bareilly

(No. 20 Sqn The Lightening based at Jodhpur)

No 30 Sqd The Rhinos based at Jamnagar

No. 8 Sqn AF known as the Pursoots based at Lohegaon AFS

No. 31 Sqn AF KNOWN AS THE LIONS ( the 5th and latest Su30mki to be commisioned in 2009)

3 Indian Air force sites claim 5 combat Sqds...

Bharat Raksha
Vau Senya
Wipikedi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below i have copied and pasted THE media article that is supposed to be the reason for Keyserose argument that there 60 su30mki...

As news of the crash spread, hundreds of people rushed to the spot. Villagers, who brought in a water tanker, tried to put out the fire. India at present operates 60 of these air superiority, 4.5 generation fighters in three of its 33.5 squadrons. While 20 Squadron ‘Lightinings’ and 30 Squadron ‘Rhinos’ are based in Pune, the 24 Squadron ‘Hawks’ are located in Bareilly in Uttar
Pradesh.

Clearly in this report who is just a newspaper reporter he is using old data because he is totally unaware of the SU30MKI sqds called ( Pursoots & Lions ie the new SU30MKI sqd nos 8 & 31.. )
" The reporter said 60 planes because he is counting the average size of 3 IAF combat sqds at 20 planes each.

He is unaware of the other 2 brand new sqds that are the (Lions & the Pursoots )because he did not mention them... in his report.

These names or sdq nos are not made up i,m afraid they are facts and they exist

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Units/Fleet.html

The above Hyper link comfirms 5 Sqds of MKI and unit strength of 16 in each Sqd.

These people are fanatical indians who follow every news inch by inch far more then me & you guys.

When i said 100 mki i did not mean to offend any senior member its just based on wat i see and wat i read.

Last edited:
You are clutching at straws here. I am sure sooner or later the number will come out. Having 5 sqns does not mean they are full strength as has been mentioned earlier.

There is a pretty big delta in the original claim of 90-100 and the 55-60 that most available data points to.

Secondly, something being written at BRF does not mean it is official. Its not the same as being the mouthpiece of the IAF and neither would IAF disclose such things so even those who are documenting at BRF are only estimating, which also could be off the mark as is the case many times. It matters little in the overall scheme of things as you will eventually get to the numbers that your Air force has decided upon acquiring.

Looks like some Indian members have managed to get under the skins of senior Pakistani members here! Take a chill-pill guys and enjoy the following video: I guess 'TheNews' report was made after the following interview if I am not wrong.

I do not think anyone is getting under anyone's skin. Just trying to put a certain perspective around the numbers that are thrown around so casually.

I do not think anyone is getting under anyone's skin. Just trying to put a certain perspective around the numbers that are thrown around so casually.

Hi no offense meant :cheers: btw did you watch the ACM's interview? Has it affected your opinion on the Indian BVR numbers?

Let me post something from the net...

>>>HAL has targetted FY 2014-15 for delivering the last Su-30MKI. Rate of production is reported to be 13 aircraft per annum [2], which would mean that atleast 20-25 aircraft have already been produced by HAL by the current financial year. However only SB101/2/3 have been sighted so far.

I rest my case... Adding to that...

From Russia:
planes 1 to 50 with serial SB001 to SB050

Hal started with SB101...

Ok here s my take on the MKI numbers based on some credible sources.

Let start from the very beginning with the contract signing stage:

* November 1996 for 40 Su-30MKI from Russia

* December 1998, contract extended to 50 Su-30MKI

* December 2000, contract for 140 Su-30MKI on licence production in HAL realized.

* 2007 new contract was signed for next licensed 40 Su-30MKI

Delivery schedules:

Su-30K:

- 1st batch 1997: 8 Su-30MKI-I (Su-30K)

- 2nd batch 1999: 10 Su-30MKI-II (Su-30K upgraded with french SAGEM avionics)

Su-30MKI:

- 3rd batch 2002: 10 Su-30MKI-III (Su-30MKI)

- 4th batch 2003: 12 Su-30MKI-III (Su-30MKI)

- 5th batch 2004: 10 Su-30MKI-III (Su-30MKI)

HAL Su-30MKI:

- 2004: 2
- 2005: 6
- 2006: 6
- 2007: 6
- 2008: 6+?
- 2009: ??

So, as can be seen, Russia has already delivered all the 50 MKIs by 2004. The first 18 of batch 1&2 have been upgraded to MKI standard and there seems to be no argument on that.
Also, it can be confirmed that HAL produced a total of at least 26 MKIs by mid 2008. That makes it a total of at least 76 MKIs by the end of 2008. The figures for the second half of 2008 and 2009 are unknown. Assuming that HAL produced at least 4 MKIs during this period it takes the total number to at least 80.

Confirmed Squadrons with Russian MKIs:

- 24th Squadron "Hawks" (1st, 2nd batch)

- 20th Squadron "Lightnings" (3rd, 4th batch)

- 30th Squadron "Rhinos" (5th batch)

Bort numbers:

Su-30MKI-I: SB001-SB008
Su-30MKI-II: SB009-SB018
Su-30MKI-III: SB019-SB050

HAL Su-30MKI: SB101.....127 (spotted)

Hi no offense meant :cheers: btw did you watch the ACM's interview? Has it affected your opinion on the Indian BVR numbers?

It has had no impact on my opinion. If India does not have 3500 BVR AAMs, it will in the future. For me what matters is that PAF have the same capability and enough of it (we do not need 2000 or 3000 as IAF only have an inventory of 500-600 combat aircraft) and in order to keep our level of deterrence in place, an inventory of even 500-1000 at the most would be sufficient. What matters more is that PAF have good quality BVRAAMs and that we have good shelf-life for these systems. I personally would have liked PAF to even buy the C5s in a staggered manner so we could have had access to more recent stocks and potentially saved some money for later variants (possibly C7s/D when the Americans relent).

So I am ok with 500 vs. 3500. It serves Pakistan's purpose to have 500-700 decent missiles.

Last edited:
It has had no impact on my opinion. If India does not have 3500 BVR AAMs, it will in the future. For me what matters is that PAF have the same capability and enough of it (we do not need 2000 or 3000 as IAF only have an inventory of 500-600 combat aircraft) and in order to keep our level of deterrence in place, an inventory of even 500-1000 at the most would be sufficient. What matters more is that PAF have good quality BVRAAMs and that we have good shelf-life for these systems. I personally would have liked PAF to even buy the C5s in a staggered phase so we could have had access to more recent stocks and potentially saved some money for later variants (possibly C7s/D when the Americans relent).

So I am ok with 500 vs. 3500. It serves Pakistan's purpose to have 500-700 decent missiles.

Fair enough. But what you are forgetting is that you are comparing PAF's future 500 BVRs to IAFs 3500 current BVRs. This number is bound to increase as more and more MKIs are inducted and once the MRCA deal is done with. India is even license producing the Russian BVRs and developing indigenous ASTRA BVRs. So it is never going to be 500vs3500 at any given point of time.

Heres a Russian Website from Irkut showing all Flanker Deliveries upto May 2008

Sukhoi Su-30 story in colours. Sukhoi Su-30 fighter worldwide camouflage and painting schemes. Prototypes, experimental planes, variants, serial and licensed production, deliveries, units, numbers. Russia, India, China, Malaysia, Venezuela, Belarus,

The most revealing part is that Russians belive by MAY 2008 India,s HAL had built 24 Su30mki themselves.

That Was like 1 year ago

Production this last 12 months is running at 10-13 approx.

This wud make

50 delivered from Russia
24 HAL Built up to May 2008
10- built approx this last 12 months

= 84 planes approx.

3 Full Sqds = Lightening Rhinos * Hawks 20 each

2 New Sqds = Pursoots & Lions 12 planes each (not full strength yet)

Last edited:
Let me post something from the net...

>>>HAL has targetted FY 2014-15 for delivering the last Su-30MKI. Rate of production is reported to be 13 aircraft per annum [2], which would mean that atleast 20-25 aircraft have already been produced by HAL by the current financial year. However only SB101/2/3 have been sighted so far.

I rest my case... Adding to that...

From Russia:
planes 1 to 50 with serial SB001 to SB050

Hal started with SB101...

you are really ignorant ...arent you ...please look at this
SB 110 IN AMERICA
9a4361e2d5bc30462cca3b145a6a821d.jpg

SB115 ...YOU CAN SEE THE TAIL IN THIS SHOT
bccbe40f5df64b725327d0cb10d18585.jpg

SB115 IN AIR
0408551e76f686037724b0955373f4ee.jpg

hope some things are clear now :cheesy:

:cheers:

Then they have 15 + 50 - 1 = 64. Still less then heard sofar. I am not ignorant if I ask pictures of planes... It is those that talked about paper plane while we showed actual pics that were ignorant...

^^^One more..

SB 114

pls don't jump into conclusion. It is not mentioned anywhere that this is the last mki HAL built.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom