What's new

PAF Vs IAF Command and Control Systems

Watch from 2.10 onwards you will see the operational use of Pakistan Net Centric System.

Last edited by a moderator:
IAF has the best early warning and C4I systems in this region. they operate satellites. long range AWACS , AESA radars , aerostats. networking of all resources have done.

now they are aiming for full netcentric air force so C4I is past.

IAF has the best early warning and C4I systems in this region. they operate satellites. long range AWACS , AESA radars , aerostats. networking of all resources have done.

now they are aiming for full netcentric air force so C4I is past.

How is the term ... net centric.. considered superior to C4I??
Since the C4I systems are made net centric.. and not replaced by net centric systems..
You sure you know what you are talking about ?? :coffee:

Watch from 2.10 onwards you will see the operational use of Pakistan Net Centric System.

what net centric system you see there? it is radar control station from where air targets are monitored. i can see TPS-77 radar.

this is how net centric systems works.
netcentric.jpg

network-centric-warfare-b.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the term ... net centric.. considered superior to C4I??
Since the C4I systems are made net centric.. and not replaced by net centric systems..
You sure you know what you are talking about ?? :coffee:

C4I is an old technology. this exists for quite some decades. but net centric warfare is new. it is information age technology.

from wiki ,

Network-centric warfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Specifically, the theory contains the following four tenets in its hypotheses:

The tenets of network-centric warfare are:

Tenet 1: A robustly networked force improves information sharing.
Tenet 2: Information sharing and collaboration enhance the quality of information and shared situational awareness.
Tenet 3: Shared situational awareness enables self-synchronization.
Tenet 4: These, in turn, dramatically increase mission effectiveness.

Actually.. C4I.. isnt a technology at all..
Its a term to define spheres of a military machine..
C2 being command and control.. C3I being command,control, communications and intelligence..
A military's C4I system can be network centric.. but cannot be exchanged for a network centric system.
Which makes me think you just read the term..and the wiki with it..
Its ok for an enthusiast...to make such claims..

Actually.. C4I.. isnt a technology at all..
Its a term to define spheres of a military machine..
C2 being command and control.. C3I being command,control, communications and intelligence..
A military's C4I system can be network centric.. but cannot be exchanged for a network centric system.
Which makes me think you just read the term..and the wiki with it..
Its ok for an enthusiast...to make such claims..

you are correct. by technology i mean 'command,control, communications, computer and intelligence' technology under one platform. many of the countries have it. net centric warfare is every system is part of a network where they can share information of various type. bet centric warfare is considered as revolution in military warfare.

C4I is central and net centric is complete distributed platform.

you are correct. by technology i mean 'command,control, communications, computer and intelligence' technology under one platform. many of the countries have it. net centric warfare is every system is part of a network where they can share information of various type. bet centric warfare is considered as revolution in military warfare.

C4I is central and net centric is complete distributed platform.

Eh?! what do you mean by this? without C4I there cant be any net centric capability.

Net centricity means co-ordination of C4I from everywhere to be integrated into one place giving a clear picture to the top heads for decision-making.

Eh?! what do you mean by this? without C4I there cant be any net centric capability.

Net centricity means co-ordination of C4I from everywhere to be integrated into one place giving a clear picture to the top heads for decision-making.

To elaborate more..
A net-centric system allows information from any sphere or theater of war to be available at all times to those that need it... via inter-connectivity of all assets at provide and need information resource.
When a jet is network-centric ready.. it refers to it being able to receive data from its peers which includes other fighters, AWACS,EW,Tankers etc.
and ground assets.. at the same time it should be able to transmit back what it sees to these assets.. and the ground component...
A C4I system that supports these capabilities throughout the assets it controls is network centric.
In a network centric system, it is ideal that no single node is critical, every node is able to act as center of co-ordination and operations...
yet there are problems associated with it.
A C4I system that relies on the traditional top-down hierarchy.. is still a C4I system...network centric or not.

It appears that PA is also a fully network centric organization now along with the PAF. Here is what Brigadier Tughral Yamin had to say:

"One idea that was tested during the exercise was the applicability of the network-centric approach in the joint Army and Air force operations. The network-centric as opposed to platform-centric operation aims to connect all sensors to with the shooter thus reducing his OODA (Orient, Observe, Decide, and Act) loop. Network-centricity provides a Common Operating Picture (COP) to all stakeholders and facilitates its decision making process. If indeed the Indians are planning to animate a Cold Start type scenario, a net-enabled force would be able to react in a timely manner by launching appropriate responses to reduce or eliminate any advantages that might be sought through reducing the time of operations. All three services of the Armed Forces are rapidly transforming into a network enabled force. Ex Azm-e-Nau III was the battle lab to test a number of ideas and concepts to counter the so called Cold Start offensive doctrine. Network centric operation was one concept, which emerged as a doable enterprise. It reduced the fog of war by allowing all tiers of the command from the highest to lowest field commander to look into the evolving battle picture through across the board connectivity using all means of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) assets i.e. UAVs, aerial imagery and early warning (EW). The real time availability of information not only reduced the chance of surprise through any proactive maneuvers, it also enhanced the decision making capability of commanders at all levels. 'Cold Start' has met it nemesis!"

http://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/awpreview/textcontent.aspx?pid=382

Back
Top Bottom