What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

Mi-28ne would be against t-90,arjuns and t-72.
It would be a great addition if pakistan manages to get it but i have huge doubts russia can take such a risk.

Hi,

Our interest in the MI 35 is primarily anti terrorist campaign in fata and Baluchistan----. There are other choices as well----many of them.

Hi,

Our interest in the MI 35 is primarily anti terrorist campaign in fata and Baluchistan----. There are other choices as well----many of them.

A modern army has to be well prepared all the time and tanks are a menace:D

Hi,

The BLK 52 that pak has is more advanced than any aircraft in china's inventory at this time.

Not agreed.
A simple aesa addition as has been done in j-10b makes it(b 52) far less capable.
Yes the weapons package with aim etc makes it pretty attractive but u cannot shoot first if u cannot see first:rolleyes:

Looking at the news and some of the usual reactionaries shooting from the hip. One needs to look at what will happen if you purchase these items. Lets start with the F-16s.

Currently Pakistan has 18 F-16 block-52s that form a single squadron at Shahbaz. The addition of 8 F-16 will bring that number up to 26 and allow the possibility of creating two different squadrons... or the largest squadron Pakistan would have. Those additional aircraft will bring the advantage that their package brings increasing the lethality of what resides at Shahbaz and considering we already have them, the cost of this additional force increase will be minimal. So from any PoV this would be a smart move and quite beneficial.. but we have hot headed reactionary statements all the time.. nothing new there.

While I am not entirely in favour of the Zulu Cobra, I am not against it either. It offers commonality and ease of training along with pre-existent weapons stock. Only the price will determine if it is a better option than the T-129(also what possibly is there that the engine issue with the T-129 was perhaps created to get Pakistan to be a customer for the AH-1Z. Money coming through has a lot of impact)

The OHPs are a no brainer. They are great ships that once upgraded with Turkish help would prove to be an effective Surface warfare asset. And since these were already provisioned for via EDA.. all you need to pay for is the refurbishment cost.

Hi,

You need to understand the combat this MI 35 is designed for----both the pilots are protected by a titanium tub that can take on 50 caliber rounds and possibly a direct hit from older Rpg's.

Neither does the MI 28 can do what the 35 can do nor the AH1Z do what the 35 is capable of----. With its gunship capabilities it gives deadly suppressing fire---drops the troops on the ground and goes back to its attack mode from the air while the ground troops do the cleanup on the ground---do the mop up work----.

On a similar scenario----you can have 2 to 3 choppers doing a raid and dropping 30 + troops on the ground right in the heart of enemy territory---while the gunships are killing from the air and ground troops clearing from the ground----you can also drop extra troops from the air onto the secure ground.

During the Russian afghan war of the 80's there was nothing that the afghans feared more than the MI 25 HIND---it was deadly---it was brutal---it was ruthless---it mowed the down like nothing----the afgans had almost lost the war till they got the stingers.

The stingers were successful in the initial stages---but then the Russians started using heat suppressors on the engines.

I wish this chopper was available years ago---.
Agree on everything you said, We need Mi-35's for anti terrorist type or covert type missions... but need for pure attack chopper is a different issue.

No they won't. FC-31 is a completely different machine which won't be available for another 10 years.

Brother, when do you expect any 'hypothetical' delivery of the new F-16s, especially since LM has to fultill Iraqi orders first? I do not reckon a time before 7-8 years for any such deal anyway. We may as well just wait for J-31.

The OHPs are a no brainer. They are great ships that once upgraded with Turkish help would prove to be an effective Surface warfare asset. And since these were already provisioned for via EDA.. all you need to pay for is the refurbishment cost.

Great Ships equipped with what ? Our current OHP does not carry any Anti-Ship or SAM missile !

Hasn't Pakistan asked for the the AH-1Z in the past and been denied?

A devastatingly handsome (and lethal) beast:

AH-1Z_L2.jpg

I always wonder why the PA didn't request the AH-64 though. The AH-1Z makes sense for the USMC but surely the AH-64D/E would be far more suited for the PA?

It was denied because AH1Z was relatively new (still is) and hence they needed to meet US orders first.

Looking at the news and some of the usual reactionaries shooting from the hip. One needs to look at what will happen if you purchase these items. Lets start with the F-16s.

Currently Pakistan has 18 F-16 block-52s that form a single squadron at Shahbaz. The addition of 8 F-16 will bring that number up to 26 and allow the possibility of creating two different squadrons... or the largest squadron Pakistan would have. Those additional aircraft will bring the advantage that their package brings increasing the lethality of what resides at Shahbaz and considering we already have them, the cost of this additional force increase will be minimal. So from any PoV this would be a smart move and quite beneficial.. but we have hot headed reactionary statements all the time.. nothing new there.

While I am not entirely in favour of the Zulu Cobra, I am not against it either. It offers commonality and ease of training along with pre-existent weapons stock. Only the price will determine if it is a better option than the T-129(also what possibly is there that the engine issue with the T-129 was perhaps created to get Pakistan to be a customer for the AH-1Z. Money coming through has a lot of impact)

Why go for only 8 BLK52s? Why not raise another full squadron for a total of 5 sqs?
I believe it was windy that revealed here that PAF is looking into purchasing 6-8 more BLK52s.....however, i always wanted it to be the 'D' version for it's effectiveness in the EC/EW region.

Why go for only 8 BLK52s? Why not raise another full squadron for a total of 5 sqs?
I believe it was windy that revealed here that PAF is looking into purchasing 6-8 more BLK52s.....however, i always wanted it to be the 'D' version for it's effectiveness in the EC/EW region.
Additional Logisitcs and spares required.
Additional manpower strength (pilots and crew) required...and lastly separate hangars / flightlines required (unless their is space available at any base like Minhas or Samungli)

@-Topic: Speculation at this stage. May be next Air chief opens this chapter again.

aaaye lmao some of us think we shouldn't be selling anything to Pakistan :bounce:

Pakistan is clearly a Chinese ally and are in their claws.

so why should we sell top of the line F-16s and our newest Super Cobra so China can analyze them???

we have to be crazy to continue selling to Pakistan and still think India is going to turn a blind eye to it.

cut off selling military equipment and military aid, but I'm fine with continuing economical and humanitarian assistance to Pakistan though :usflag::coffee:
Pakistan is Non NATO Ally
The USA and CHINA Relations was Established through Pakistan
Pakistan is using Russian RD-93 Engines in JF-17
Pakistan is buying Russain Gunship MI-35
The All USA sanctions against Pakistan were failed
Pakistan were successful in nuclear program defeating all US sanctions
Pakistan have very unique geopolitical situation in the region us can't afford Pakistan importance
America will always be dependent on Pakistan for Afghan problem
India is only a big market for Amircan goods.

Last edited:
Pakistan is Non NATO Ally
The USA and CHINA Relations was Established through Pakistan
Pakistan is using Russian RD-93 Engines in JF-17
Pakistan is buying Russain Gunship MI-35
Pakistan have very unique geopolitical situation in the region us can't afford Pakistan importance
America will always be dependent on Pakistan for Afghan problem
India is only a big market for Amircan goods.

Pakistan is Non NATO Ally- only because of the war on terror that is
The USA and CHINA Relations was Established through Pakistan- and poland
Pakistan is using Russian RD-93 Engines in JF-17- so??
Pakistan is buying Russain Gunship MI-35- nice, it's a good helicopter
- how good now you have nukes to use again India or anybody now.
Pakistan have very unique geopolitical situation in the region us can't afford Pakistan importance- indeed, but I would say f it let terror reign in the region without us being involved. let china deal wit hit.
America will always be dependent on Pakistan for Afghan problem- not if we decide it isn't our problem anymore. it's a global problem now since the cat is out of the bag.
India is only a big market for Amircan goods- nope

Are the Block 52 D's capable of carrying the same amount of electronics as that in the EG 18 growler. IMO PAF should get the 52 D's packed with the same tech as that of the growlers, even 8 numbers of D's will be suffice (if they intend to buy more).

and how am I suppose to prove it??? it's clearly speculation on my part.
but they would defiantly be snooping around the AH-1Z if we sold it to Pakistan since the USMC is the only who use it.

and F-16 be around forever so it's not like they can get any more info out of it that the Soviets haven't already.

Can you be more stupid than this? Just wondering.

Make a point that valid and credible. Otherwise you seem more like an Indian than an American.

Back
Top Bottom