What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

A brand new plane of 4+ gen can come in 40-50 million$... either it is a mistake or something else..no one in IAF or any Air Force in world is fool enough to can't understand this simple thing...!

2. 4 billion dollars for 52 aircrafts @ 46 million $ per aircraft

Excluding 500million for facility , 1billion $ for 500 mica missiles.

Dassault, Thales and MBDA Bag the $ 2.4 Billion Mirage Upgrade Deal For the IAF

There you go .

That's why there was a debate , whether to buy new 50 rafale itself instead of this upgrade ..

A brand new plane of 4+ gen can come in 40-50 million$... either it is a mistake or something else..no one in IAF or any Air Force in world is fool enough to can't understand this simple thing...!
Jewish Latest F-16 should've costed at least $60 millions and it's still 4th gen.

[apologies the conversation is drifting to thuder while thread is about F16 ]

Well we have 50 Thunders completed per Wiki , however the release and induction figures appear to show 40 jets so that may need correction however still we should have had alot more jets had we operated with production capacity of
10 jets / year ratio

J10B deal , would have been fantastic , it would have filled the gap due to slowness in the JF17 thunder production and 36 New jets would have handsomely filled the gap in production.

But what I see is

1) Slow JF17 thunder production (We are missing at least 30 JF17 thunders due to slow production)
2) Refusal to induct J10B into Airforce (36 Jets)

A double edge blow on modernization front

Almost loss of 76 Fighter jets , Ironically we could have actively replaced majority of Mirage old fleet by this 70 extra fighter jet figures

F16 is only viable option if
a) If we have AESA radar available , with license/ Access to source like Turkey does
b) Easy access to upgrades
J10 B deal is off due to engine problems... I think that get 10 f16s and then invest in area and induct it in jf17 blk 2...And btw less production of jf is due to assembly line..we should also invest in it.

Could someone tell me briefly about an aesa radar and it's characteristics ... And its advantages ...

J10 B deal is off due to engine problems... I think that get 10 f16s and then invest in area and induct it in jf17 blk 2...And btw less production of jf is due to assembly line..we should also invest in it.

That is not the reason. Money is.

Please use google for information on common questions such as AESA radar.

Could someone tell me briefly about an aesa radar and it's characteristics ... And its advantages ...

In Summary , traditional radars move internally to scan a particular area , and they send rays out and received the bounced back data. That data is received and then processed to give displays inside plane

AESA radars are a collection of mini radars that do their own individual task of sending out a ray beam to scan the skies and receive data.

None-AESA radars do have some mechanical gadget which also moves the radar in particular directions to give it more scope so it can capture data correctly or effective but even so if you are tracking multiple targets the large piece is constantly moving so it can capture all the data

AESA radars , are collection of these mini (units) that send out waves , they can better track the movement of multiple targets moving in different directions and different locates , and also they can do the job of target association so a missile can be a launched properly to a destined enemy Target.

None Technical Explanation:

Imagine you had a school , 1 Teacher and 100 students they wanted to map the sky and then count the stars they see

Scenario 1 : Teacher would map along and students would do nothing , it would take far longer to map the sky
Then he would spend more time to count the starts in large image

Scenario 2 : Teacher and 100 students all take pen / pencil they map small area in sky , then they all put their pieces
Together to see the big picture , then each student & teacher can count their own stars in their small
section and the sum can be easily calculated

AESA is more less consider as a collection of small tiny radars

Countries that specialize in Nano technology and , who have mastered the art of electronics and chip/ computer hardware are in better position to construct an AESA radar as they have the necessary tools to construct a collection of miniture radars

For AESA, you should also know there are Mechanically Scanned Array and Passive Electronically Scanned Array.

1st comes the Mechanically Scanned Radar. It has a moving dish to transmit and recieve radio waves. The antenna is moved physically to the desired area you wanna see. It's being used since basic Cavity Magnetron till latest system where we see it at its pinnacle. Our F-16s have Mechanical Antennas.

2nd comes the PESA or Passive Phased Array. It has no moving parts for scanning. It increases performance compared to Mechanical systems. It has a single energy generating source which generates radio waves and are transmitted into different directions using different modules in front of radar. It's been used on Surface combatants and is being used for Fighters like Flankers and Rafale too(Just for knowledge, Rafale's Pesa can be converted into Aesa just in few hours without replacing the whole system). Mig-25 with with its Zoslon radar was the first to used it if I'm not mistaken.

Then comes the AESA, which has many transmitter/receiver modules numbering hundres each transmitting their own different frequencies and meeting those frequencies at certain angles in front of antenna. This provides ahuge leap forward. It can monitor Air and ground targets and attack them simultaniously, Better jamming resistance, longer range and better resolution among others. F-22, RAFALE, F-18 E/F/G, F-35, F-16 Block 60 are using 'em and others 'll follow.

Could anyone tell me about the rumours that China was buying su35 to give them to Pakistan...if there is already a thread on this then guide me to it

Could anyone tell me about the rumours that China was buying su35 to give them to Pakistan...if there is already a thread on this then guide me to it
They are negotiating a deal for 24 examples

Most probably they are false because PAF having Su-35 doesnt make sense when you already have the F-16 as a heavy end fighter.

Most probably they are false because PAF having Su-35 doesnt make sense when you already have the F-16 as a heavy end fighter.
He's new here that's why I think said that. They're buying for themselves.

15311731033_96de44843a_o.jpg

That is not the reason. Money is.

Please use google for information on common questions such as AESA radar.

@Oscar Sir

Has Russia allowed China to re export AL 31 to third countries ie in the form of J 10 A/B
J10 A/B as long as they carry AL 31 cant be sold

@Oscar Sir

Has Russia allowed China to re export AL 31 to third countries ie in the form of J 10 A/B
J10 A/B as long as they carry AL 31 cant be sold

The same way the RD-93 was allowed, there was no objection to the AL-31. China NEVER asked the permission for it so how can one say if it was NOT allowed if there was never a permission asked for it.

either we change the thread heading or close this useless thread...

Back
Top Bottom