What's new

PAF & Rafale Story Will Not Go Away !

Well; PAF is expected to have (sufficient) knowledge of the Rafale fighter aircraft but this does not suggest that this jet have lost its value and/or will not deliver results in capable hands with biting armaments. French hardware tend to receive global appreciation for a reason.

Another point to consider is this: Rafale is also an evolving platform. Indians are receiving the formidable F3R variant with Indian-specific amendments. France is also working on even more capable F4R variant as WE speak.

Indians also have had the opportunity to evaluate several Western aircraft up close including an advanced F-16 variant. The outcome of 27-02-19 is clear to all nevertheless.

:pakistan:

IMHO: PAF is a better-organized and more tactically-sound Air Force than IAF. These (qualitative) qualities will shape an organization's OUTPUT in any era. A number of Pakistani COAS also deserve credit for building relationships which helped PAF grow on many counts.

IAF needs superior/smarter jets to offset its qualitative imbalance vis-a-vis PAF to some degree. They need to do more otherwise.

This is not to say that WE grow complacent and too self-assured.

My 2 cents.
F4.1 is expected by 2023 for the Armee De l'Air, and F4.2 by 2025.

India will have to wait for Armee De l'Air to get theirs first, logically speaking, but you never know.

Last edited:
I would disagree on the level of our presence and involvement in Qatar.
We don’t have access to the jet through strict controls so any “intel” is hearsay.
That is correct. There a few postings in the training command regarding flight training and some hired on direct civilian contract, but the numbers are a lot more in UAE in comparison to Qatar. No Pakistani pilots fly the Rafale nor have trained on Rafales. I quote 2 ex-PAF instructors who are currently in Qatar. Now as to say it that may change in the future, who knows as that is something to be dealt with the Qatari government. It is not a simple game of you don't have pilots so let's send you some of ours. The purpose of the Rafales are to be flown by Qatari pilots with Qatari instructors eventually, for now limited French personnel are there.

I would disagree on the level of our presence and involvement in Qatar.
We don’t have access to the jet through strict controls so any “intel” is hearsay.
Loool and you know this how.

Pakistan trains qatar but has no access to their aircraft. How do they train them? Using paper aeroplanes?? Come on yaar they guy is a professional and you are exactly who?

That is correct. There a few postings in the training command regarding flight training and some hired on direct civilian contract, but the numbers are a lot more in UAE in comparison to Qatar. No Pakistani pilots fly the Rafale nor have trained on Rafales. I quote 2 ex-PAF instructors who are currently in Qatar. Now as to say it that may change in the future, who knows as that is something to be dealt with the Qatari government. It is not a simple game of you don't have pilots so let's send you some of ours. The purpose of the Rafales are to be flown by Qatari pilots with Qatari instructors eventually, for now limited French personnel are there.
What about the EF's and F15's how is the training for the Qatari pilots going for those platforms?

Lastly, after the induction of the new platforms, will the M2K's be kept flying or retired? I was surprised to note that they do not have IFR probes.

I take his words more seriously than anyone out here.
Elsewhere some one gave this sarcasm.

''Our pilots have never flown, touched or seen Rafael.

Infact they close their eyes when they sit inside and take it out for a ride.

This story is confirmed by multiple Pakistani pilots who have been flying Rafael and training Qatari pilots with their eyes closed'' .

Didn’t bother seeing the video but this is far fetched and I don’t feel there is any ground to it.

Qatari Rafales are well distanced from Pakistanis as per policy.

Although the presence of Pakistanis in Qatari Air Force is a different topic altogether...
How does pakistan train qataris pilots without access to planes...I would love to hear your answer

You know, given the reception Rafale is receiving from us, it shows it really is a threat. If Rafale isn't a threat, then stop discussing it, treat it like business as usual and the enemy will have more of a heart attack. They sell their kidneys to buy new toys and we are so unaffected that we don't even give it light of day, that ought to hurt.

What about the EF's and F15's how is the training for the Qatari pilots going for those platforms?

Lastly, after the induction of the new platforms, will the M2K's be kept flying or retired? I was surprised to note that they do not have IFR probes.
For now Mirages will be kept. EFs and Strike Eagles will mostly be flown by Qataris. Last I heard they have been increasing their pilot intake for recruitment.

Just out of interest, while foreign Air Chiefs visiting Pakistan are usually received at the Air HQ and some maybe later taken to PAC to look at the products there....why was PAF Air chief's reception laid at the Qatari Rafale base.

View attachment 660352

Can you tell us how many Fighter A/c Airbases Qatar has? Btw that is a Mirage2000 in the background.
Adhay sindh ke barabar nai hai Qatar, to andar konsi 100 Air bases hain, Are you Ok these days bro @Windjammer ?

Really astonished to see this from you, You are better than this... So please...

Back
Top Bottom