What's new

PAF pilot flying hours

Myth_buster_1

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
well after analyzing 100,000 free accident flying hours for PAF f-16 fleet, all i know that during the 90s average F-16 pilot clocked no more hen 100 hours and the rest of flying hours were compensated with flying F-7. today our f-16 clocks 500 hours very easily but i would like to know exact figure of
F-7
M-III
F-16
pilot flying hours?? sources would be great.

well after analyzing 100,000 free accident flying hours for PAF f-16 fleet, all i know that during the 90s average F-16 pilot clocked no more hen 100 hours and the rest of flying hours were compensated with flying F-7. today our f-16 clocks 500 hours very easily but i would like to know exact figure of
F-7
M-III
F-16
pilot flying hours?? sources would be great.

An Average of 125 to 130 hr a month is the requirement well that was in our days I am talking 20 years ago. This is for the whole SQD not per pilot. Well I know this person on this forum who has been sent to a phyci officer 12 times in his career for pulling 12O plus hours by him self every month, As a wing Cmd he had already pulled 6000hr.

An Average of 125 to 130 hr a month is the requirement well that was in our days I am talking 20 years ago. This is for the whole SQD not per pilot. Well I know this person on this forum who has been sent to a phyci officer 12 times in his career for pulling 12O plus hours by him self every month, As a wing Cmd he had already pulled 6000hr.
What's his username?Muradk or X-man ?:tongue:

sir g does that means back then average pilot clocked no more then 80s hours annually?

What's his username?Muradk or X-man ?:tongue:

Sir Murad is only 175 hr behind Abdul Razakk he had 6900hr highest in PAF, Sir Murad Beats Abdul Razzak's by 1800hr when he was a Wing Commander.
Sir Muradk has 6346hr in PAF not including Abu Dhabi Air Force now United Arab Air force. 2000hr In Mirages.

Sir Murad is only 175 hr behind Abdul Razakk he had 6900hr highest in PAF, Sir Murad Beats Abdul Razzak's by 1800hr when he was a Wing Commander.
Sir Muradk has 6346hr in PAF not including Abu Dhabi Air Force now United Arab Air force. 2000hr In Mirages.

:smitten:

J1
What about your stats??

Gosh...those are a lot of flying hours!:eek:
It's a hole life of a pilot...thats a unique experience, i'll pay any amount for just few minutes flight in an (possibly PAF) F-16 cockpit!:D

jus a curiosity...which is the average for a PAF pilot? and which is the average hours for other main Air Forces pilots?

Average pilot effort for the PAF is 180-220 hours/annum.

"We enhanced our flying," explained Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat, the chief of air staff. While acting as PAF chief of operations ACM Kaleem launched an initiative to reduce losses due to pilot error. He spoke to Jane's shortly before his retirement on 20 March, when Air Marshal Tanveer Ahmad Khan assumed the top post.

"In 2000, our flying per pilot was in the region of nine hours per month. We have progressively taken this up to 15 hours, or 15 sorties," he said, adding that the figure has now stabilised.

This expansion of flying hours is paralleled by increasingly complex exercises. These include the introduction of surface effects in dissimilar air combat training exercises and intensified operations. The latter saw one air base generate 175 sorties in a day during a trial, for example, while the PAF as a whole flew 8,000 sorties of various types in a month during the September 2005 Exercise 'High Mark'.

Two points. One the reason for the sortie rate going down to 9 or so in 2000 was due to the massive sanctions in place throughout the 90s.

Secondly, the tempo of sorties conducted in a single exercise (HM 05) is far greater than both of the past wars fought by PAF (65 and 71) even though the actual number of the aircraft in the PAF inventory has not increased that much compared to 1971 at least.

Last edited:
In 2000, our flying per pilot was in the region of nine hours per month

that was pretty low for a country that just came out of the kargil fighting. tufail wasnt kidding when he said flying was curtailed due to spares.

Our pilots hardly make jokes about that. If you read their articles then you can be sure it is a lot better then you will et from any other party. Do understand that Paf often had restrictions when starting war and even then it did an outstanding job fighting a better IAF (numbers, quantity)... Without Paf there would be no Pakistan.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom