ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Name Gr.Capt. Aamir Masood

Unit 9th squadron "Griffins"
Flying F-16s
Viper Hours 3000
Currently flying Su-30MK1 for the Chinese Navy.

2006: Commanding Officer of 9 sqn.

Born in 1966, Group Captain Aamir Masood, joined PAF at an early age.

He took his commission in the PAF as a pilot of F-16 fighter aircraft in 1988, and until today has served in the PAF. The Government of Pakistan awarded him the Sitara-e-Basalat (Star of Good Conduct), the Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (medal of excellence), the Tamgha-e-Istaqlal, the Jumahuriat Tamgha, the Nuclear test Medal, the Resolution Day Golden Jubilee medal and the Independence Day Golden Jubilee medal for his achievements and abilities.
He reached 1000 flying hours in 1997, and 2000 flying hours in 2006; he also surpassed 2000 flying hours on the F-16 Fighting Falcon, and will soon reach 3000 flying hours. He is one of the few pilots of the Pakistan Air Force that have flown the Sukhoi Su-30 Mk I with the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy.
He was the Commanding Officer of the multi-role squadron of the Pakistan Air Force, the "Griffins".

Flying F-16s
Viper Hours 3000

He took his commission in the PAF as a pilot of F-16 fighter aircraft in 1988, and until today has served in the PAF. The Government of Pakistan awarded him the Sitara-e-Basalat (Star of Good Conduct), the Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (medal of excellence), the Tamgha-e-Istaqlal, the Jumahuriat Tamgha, the Nuclear test Medal, the Resolution Day Golden Jubilee medal and the Independence Day Golden Jubilee medal for his achievements and abilities.
He reached 1000 flying hours in 1997, and 2000 flying hours in 2006; he also surpassed 2000 flying hours on the F-16 Fighting Falcon, and will soon reach 3000 flying hours. He is one of the few pilots of the Pakistan Air Force that have flown the Sukhoi Su-30 Mk I with the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy.
He was the Commanding Officer of the multi-role squadron of the Pakistan Air Force, the "Griffins".

How did he manage to fly Su30 for PLAN? Did he become a Chinese citizen, or is it one of those pilot exchange programs like we have with Turkish Airforce for F-16s?

So does PAF planning up to get some J-31s....

pakistan-air-force-stealth-aircraft-f-60-j-21-j-18.jpg

pakistan-air-force-paf-stealth-fighter-f-60-j-21.jpg

Any more pictures...

So he is the first pilot pf PAF with 3000 hours on F-16.
It quite late as PAF has F-16's for nearly 30 years now(since 1983).

BTW the current commander of IAF's 47th squadron got his 3000th flyhing hour on Mig-29 which IAF has since 1985 in late 2006.

You had to drag in the IAF in it didn't you.
Did you miss the point that he didn't commission on the F-16 until 1988, there are several other PAF pilots in the 2000+ hour category, the rule with the PAF seems to be that pilots seldom fly once they are around 40. !!

Flying F-16s
Viper Hours 3000

A formidable pilot.no doubt.

My name was used by PAF????without my permission???Copyright Violation.. :pissed:

topic...

respect :pakistan:..

Really? That's news. I didn't know that the Chinese had the SU-30MKI too? :woot: I thought they have the Sukhoi Su-30MKK and the Su-30MK2?

Or is HAL, India which is the sole manufacturer of the SU-30MKI, exporting them to China too?? :what:

Damn! I must be missing something here. :undecided:

oc_9_sqn_23mar.jpg

Then a Wing Commander and OC No 9 Squadron, G/C Aamir Masood standing along side former PAF Air chief, Tanvir. M. Ahmed.

What's that muffler like things the pilots are wearing?

ACM has it in orange while the Wing Commander has it in chequered colors.

Really? That's news. I didn't know that the Chinese had the SU-30MKI too? :woot: I thought they have the Sukhoi Su-30MKK and the Su-30MK2?

Or is HAL, India which is the sole manufacturer of the SU-30MKI, exporting them to China too?? :what:

Damn! I must be missing something here. :undecided:

Are you blind?

Can't you see that he wrote MK1 and not MKI.

Are you blind?
Can't you see that he wrote MK1 and not MKI.
Huh? Is there a SU-30 MK1? Never heard of it. The Chinese have MKK and MK2. There's no such aircraft classification as MK1. If there is, please put me on to it.

And yes, I probably am blind. :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom