What's new

PAF participates in "Red Flag" and "Green Flag"

one of the Aims of inviting India at red flag was to Eveluate the Capabilities of MKI and later on it was critisized for low performance that indians will spill more information about the AC to prove it a potent jet !

Am i right ?

Or prove to India that it is about time they get Western Platforms!!!!;)

thats called experince i am talking about "Rating". Rating is some thing different. Can you give me single example of your Airforce "from last 30 - 40 years" who fight against same Airforce ??? either its Navy USAF etc ???

bombing on innocent civilians and called yourself Super duper Airforce and Army ??? thats you reali credibilty you even not stand against Taliban whom dont even have anti missile, Tank and Airforce and your are talking about Wars ??? you lost in Vietnam, already suffering from deadly war iraq and now in afghanistan Thats what your Real example of US WARS "Thats your performance".
This is why I do not take seriously your line of thinking...

When two warriors meet in combat, politics are among the least of their concerns. Battlefield victories lends credible support to political goals but the participants differs in their natures, skills and environments. For the victorious warrior, if his politicians failed to maximize his battlefield victory to an advantageous political outcome, in no way is political ineptitude indicative of the warrior's skills.

The Taliban is a ground, not air, force's problem. And who is intruding into whose territory? Air combat is still very much a one-against-one fight. A poorly trained and low flying hours pilot will not be able to lend any support to his political leadership. Why do you think generals can be relieved of his command? Certainly not for his profane language or lack of political fine manners. Generals are dismissed for failure to deliver results. At the battlefield level, ground or air, the loser die.

Like %99.999 of life's skills, flying is a perishable skill. Western pilots have the most opportunities to fly in diverse environments in far more hours. Red Flag is a rare opportunity for any air force to test whatever skills they learned to see how those skills would fare against known and unknown tactics in unfamiliar environments. Your attitude and failure to discriminate between political and battlefield goals are common among the MEastern visitors and the butt of many jokes among Western pilots.

I believe the reason PAF chose to participate in red flag this year is to better understand and utilise the event to it's own benefit. With this, the PAF will have first hand experience and better understanding of network enabled warfare. Given that the ERIEYE is NATO compatible, the experience of datalinks, aerial refueling in a hostile environment and other components is invaluable. The purpose of the event is not to win a simulated battle but rather an understanding of the environment surrounding it.

IMO, it is worthy for us to participate in an event that will eventually help us better utilise our own assets in times of hostilities. I do agree with gambit, the stage is pretty much setup by the USAF. Nevertheless, it is paramount for PAF to get acquainted with components involved and fulfil tasks at hand as quickly as possible.

. For the victorious warrior, if his politicians failed to maximize his battlefield victory to an advantageous political outcome, in no way is political ineptitude indicative of the warrior's skills.

Very well said.Unfortunately our Warriors have given lives but due to the lack of longsighted Leadership we are suffering.

I believe the reason PAF chose to participate in red flag this year is to better understand and utilise the event to it's own benefit. With this, the PAF will have first hand experience and better understanding of network enabled warfare. Given that the ERIEYE is NATO compatible, the experience of datalinks, aerial refueling in a hostile environment and other components is invaluable. The purpose of the event is not to win a simulated battle but rather an understanding of the environment surrounding it.

IMO, it is worthy for us to participate in an event that will eventually help us better utilise our own assets in times of hostilities. I do agree with gambit, the stage is pretty much setup by the USAF. Nevertheless, it is paramount for PAF to get acquainted with components involved and fulfil tasks at hand as quickly as possible.
Correct...

If you come to me with the attitude that because the USAF have never faced a comparable air adversary therefore we have little to contribute to your knowledge and current skills, I have no problems telling my pilots -- under the table -- to make your life easy, at Red Flag or anywhere else. Not too easy to make it too obvious. When you leave US, the world will know that a Pakistani pilot beat the Americans at their own game and on US soil at that. If an Indian pilot have a contrary attitude to yours, we have no problems beating this guy over and over again. But each time he lose, his defeat will be at a higher set of standards than his Pakistani predecessor.

Should the two air warriors meet, guess whose odds are better at victory?

This is applicable for ground crews as well. We have contests on whose ground crews are best at turn-around times, from reload to refuel. Sometimes we do it with full NBC gears. In the Nevada heat, you will lose valuable time and possibly contribute to your side's loss for that day. Imagine your commander dressing your crew down in front of your fellow countrymen for being a major contributor to the day's loss.

Arabian Aerospace - How competition created a 'winged brotherhood' in the desert
Only seconds after hearing the ‘go’ whistle, “Deuce” and “Smack” have boarded their aircraft and lit their powerful P&W F100-engines. At the same time the mechanics perform the vital external checks to secure a safe and procedurally correct start-up and arming of the on-board aircraft systems.

This highly professional ground-ballet, witnessed by some 100 international spectators, ends when the second of the two jets moves forward to abruptly stop a few seconds later. “Deuce” and “Smack” have just terminated the first part of the ‘Air-Air Scramble’ competition event in the 2009 Falcon Air Meet, organised at the Royal Jordanian Air Force (RJAF) prime F-16 fighter base, located in the desert some 100 kilometres east of Amman.

The stopwatch of the all-seeing referee – a pilot of USAF’s Colorado Air National Guard – will later reveal whether they outclassed their American and Jordanian opponents.

Alongside the intense flying programme, the FAM competition also tested the skills of maintenance and armament personnel by giving scores for individual sortie success. The various nations had to compete in a missile loading competition, during which ground crew needed to install an inert AIM-9 Sidewinder and AIM 120 AMRAAM on two of the aircraft (wingtip) hard points. Once more ground crew of the COANG supervised the competition and deducted vital points for incorrect hardware manipulations or safety hazards.

Sometimes an inspector will 'kill' off half of your crew and no regeneration allowed for that day, but the burden of meeting goals is still the same. Now what are you going to do with only half of your manpower?

Events like these are no places for political one-upmanships as exhibited by some here. Either you take it seriously as presented by the host country, and the US do provide the best environment and programs, or go home confident of your skills, whatever level they may be, that you can provide your political leaderships with the victories they need should the time come.

Does anyone knows that PAF Eyrie will participate in the upcoming red flag exercise or no.

Does anyone knows that PAF Eyrie will participate in the upcoming red flag exercise or no.

I believe no because the US uses its own AWACS to Guide the Air Crafts am i Right Gambit ?

I believe no because the US uses its own AWACS to Guide the Air Crafts am i Right Gambit ?
If the visitors have their own AWACS then their AWACS and ours can be on opposing sides. They can also work on their own mini exercises to share knowledge. But generally at Red Flag our AWACS are neutral, often more like safety monitor than active participant.

I agree with you. sadly the stupidity doesn’t discriminate among race, religion or country. its found in abundance across the board

By the way I have trolling. Wonder why every topic here has to turn into India-Pakistan b*tching? I think on the bright side it gives you a bit of comic relief.

Will we ( India / Pakistan) grow up? Who knows we live in hope don’t we

Agree with you whole-heartedly. Think we are all a little too old to indulge in 'my daddy strongest'.:cheers:http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/cheers.gif

paf ke f16 block 52 ka dar ki waja se iaf ke sukhoi red flag exercise ma hisa hi nahi le rahee. yahan se sukhoi ki hesiyat pata lag jati ha :D:rofl:

Last time they got embarrassed by USAF Pilots and F-16's..

This time they don't want to get embarrassed by PAF F-16's and PAF Pilots.:devil::devil::flame::flame::rofl::rofl:

Don't we need practice on new F16s before going to Red Flag?
:confused:

I have already asked the same question and I was informed that Pakistani Pilots have been flying UAE F16-Blk60 for last several years. So these planes aren't new for us. PAF is already at home with these birds :yahoo:

I have already asked the same question and I was informed that Pakistani Pilots have been flying UAE F16-Blk60 for last several years. So these planes aren't new for us. PAF is already at home with these birds :yahoo:

Ohh okay!
PAF is "chupa rustam"
:pakistan:
:azn:

Back
Top Bottom