What's new

PAF participates in "Red Flag" and "Green Flag"

Yaar indestructible,

There are just as many (or perhaps more) Americans advising in the UAE as Pakistanis. If Pakistanis were flying the blk-60s, the Americans would have brought this up and secondly we would have known about it more openly.

Familiarization flights on a blk-60 is one thing, flying them regularly to maintain hours on the platform is an entirely different thing. If I am not mistaken, we have done the latter on the Mirage 2000s but not on the blk-60s. The UAEAF has enough local pilots who do the flying on these aircraft. They have been very generous in inviting PAF for bi-lateral and multi-lateral trainings for the past few years in which we have interacted closely with the blk-60s and that is the extent of our familiarization. Once we have blk-52 inducted and have built a pool of pilots who are trained on it, then there would be a possibility that if UAEAF ever wanted to (I do not see any specific reasons) have PAF fly their blk-60s, we would be able to do so quickly.

PAF pilots have never flown Mirage 2000s of UAEAF, there is only one pilot in Qatar AF, Mehboob Khalid, he's flown it. Otherwise the only Mirages PAF flew in UAE were all III/Vs.

As far to my knowledge and having talked to some fighter pilots, Red Flag is no mere serious exercise, its coordinated and thought-out. Its more of a social event instead.

No sir, I think this will help us a lot in real war, we can learn new future combat tactics. This is going to help our fighter pilots in enhancing their skills. :D

No sir, I think this will help us a lot in real war, we can learn new future combat tactics. This is going to help our fighter pilots in enhancing their skills. :D

Bro, they're is nothing special about it, USAF Red Flag is not a serious exercise anymore, I know jocks from USMC, Canada, UK.......they all admit and have demonstrated that Red Flag is no exercise worth attending other than sending your most inexperienced pilots, Red Flag is very coordinated and a already a setup. Real exercises worth going for are Maple Flag, Anatolian Eagle, and the Cope exercises held in Thailand.

Bro, they're is nothing special about it, USAF Red Flag is not a serious exercise anymore, I know jocks from USMC, Canada, UK.......they all admit and have demonstrated that Red Flag is no exercise worth attending other than sending your most inexperienced pilots, Red Flag is very coordinated and a already a setup. Real exercises worth going for are Maple Flag, Anatolian Eagle, and the Cope exercises held in Thailand.
Absolutely...I agree %100...:rolleyes: Everyone should just reject the US offer and make their own training environment...If they can...

Off topic :Can anyone confirm if PAF is going to Anatolian Eagle this year ?

Off topic :Can anyone confirm if PAF is going to Anatolian Eagle this year ?

the issue with anatolian eagle is that, due to deterioration of relations between Turkey and Israel where the latter was not allowed to participate, resulted in many NATO countries including US refusing to participate, left only TuAF and PAF as the only airforces. so lets see what happens this time. - AE is based on Red Flag parameters and costs less to the participating countries.

the cost of participating in RF is upwards of US$25m. that a lot of money in PKR (210m) - so is it worth the effort - IMO - yes!!!

the issue with anatolian eagle is that, due to deterioration of relations between Turkey and Israel where the latter was not allowed to participate, resulted in many NATO countries including US refusing to participate, left only TuAF and PAF as the only airforces. so lets see what happens this time. - AE is based on Red Flag parameters and costs less to the participating countries.

It seems that we have just got a chance to keep AE up and Running :coffee:

the cost of participating in RF is upwards of US$25m. that a lot of money in PKR (210m) - so is it worth the effort - IMO - yes!!!

It is the best air excercise in the world & we need this experiance after a dead dacade.

3265303883_4cac41cf1d_o.jpg

:pakistan:

It is the best air excercise in the world & we need this experiance after a dead dacade.

That is the projected image of the Red Flag exercise. It is more of what the USAF learns about the other air forces than what the other air forces can learn about them. I remember the first PAF F-16 pilot who landed in Pakistan, he had done his training at Hill AFB, he told me about the whole concept of this exercise, stating that you only get to learn from others in this profession if you fly regularly for years, not by a few mere weeks. If anyone needs more info on this source, he lives a few mins away from my home in Bahrain.
This is him btw :
http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/airforce/gallery/images/f16_l_01.jpg

Hi
Why isn't JF-17 Participating?

It cannot Data Link with US AWACS which controls the exercise which will end us up like IAF's MKI Embarrassment that is why only F-16's will participate.

regards:

That is the projected image of the Red Flag exercise. It is more of what the USAF learns about the other air forces than what the other air forces can learn about them. I remember the first PAF F-16 pilot who landed in Pakistan, he had done his training at Hill AFB, he told me about the whole concept of this exercise, stating that you only get to learn from others in this profession if you fly regularly for years, not by a few mere weeks. If anyone needs more info on this source, he lives a few mins away from my home in Bahrain.
This is him btw :
http://www.pakdef.info/pakmilitary/airforce/gallery/images/f16_l_01.jpg

Everyone has their own say but i cannot deny this fact but in the mean while Red Flag has an international profile and we certainly need it after spending a decade in dark.

regards:

Back
Top Bottom