What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

Thank you so much all persons for their great posts regarding Farnborough show........
Special Thanks to Windy, TK, Jigs Aimmarraul, and others who share some classy pics of JF-17...............
You People have made my day.

Regards,

Sunny

I have a feeling the market is going to explode with JF-17 orders for any Air Force looking to replace aging 3rd gen aircraft and are on a budget. Plus the fact that it has minimal restrictions on it makes it even more appealing.

I heard that many delegations have inquired about JFTs and this includes some European ones too (confirm plz?). In two days, it has become a center of attraction for many participants at the show and this is increasing with every hour. Also, probable customers are also inquiring more and we might hear orders coming once sooner than expected.

The rain of thunder is coming down alright inshallah it will do well and we shall have some buyers :)

3.jpg

well some months back I made the following patch for 26 Sqn and shared it on JF17 thread No 3
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ltirole-fighter-thread-3-a-79.html#post690774

I think PAF also like the Spiderman's logo :azn:

26sqrdn.jpg

3.jpg

well some months back I made the following patch for 26 Sqn and shared it on JF17 thread No 3
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ltirole-fighter-thread-3-a-79.html#post690774

26sqrdn.jpg

I think PAF also like the Spiderman's logo :what: but its a real shame when you see our National Flag is not properly drawn on PAF aircrafts. here is the official design description of Pakistan's Flag

"A dark green rectangular flag in the proportion of length and width 3:2 with a white vertical bar at the mast, the green portion bearing a white crescent in the centre and a five-pointed white heraldic star. The size of the white portion being one-fourth the size of the flag, nearest the mast, the remainder three-fourths being dark green. The dimensions of the crescent and star are obtained as follows:

"Draw the diagonal from the top right hand corner to the bottom left corner of the green portion. On this diagonal establish two points 'A' and 'B'. Point 'A' at a distance equidistant from top right and bottom left hand corners of the green portion, i.e. the centre of the green portion. Point 'B' at a distance from the top right hand corner equal to 13/20th the width of the flag. With centre point 'A' and radius 1.1/4th the width of the flag describe a second arc. The enclosures made by these two arcs form the crescent. The dimensions of the five-pointed white heraldic star are determined by drawing a circle 1/10th the width of the flag. The circle surrounds the five points of the heraldic star. The star lies with one point on the diagonal at a point where the larger arc of the crescent, if completed, cuts the diagonal."

and if you follow above it makes this
800px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png

now compare this with what they draw on tail of JF17 (Top). I only found the correct design on new F16s, otherwise nobody in PAF seems bothered about such things.

Can anyone guide me on how to post pics and video here from Farnborough 2010. Just returned from the show and would like to share the pics and videos I made of flying aircraft. Thanks

@aimarraul:

aimarraul.png
:D:D

Thanks buddy for sharing these beautiful pics!!!!! :thinktank::thinktank:

Last edited:
Can anyone guide me on how to post pics and video here from Farnborough 2010. Just returned from the show and would like to share the pics and videos I made of flying aircraft. Thanks

first u have to upload your pics on some image uploading domain you can find it trough google.

than provide the link in your post . .. .

you can use the following link

no user account required here

ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting

waiting for your pics

Last edited:
I was anxiously waiting to see these pods and after seeing them, i can not express my feelings in words folks. The sense of joy and achievement is profound to say the least. Hats off to China and Pakistan on this milestone. Strange but I do not see many Indian comments on these threads lately....

THEY ARE STUNNED - That's why !!!!!

I heard that many delegations have inquired about JFTs and this includes some European ones too (confirm plz?). In two days, it has become a center of attraction for many participants at the show and this is increasing with every hour. Also, probable customers are also inquiring more and we might hear orders coming once sooner than expected.

Since I visited the aircraft first hand and spoke with the pilots, the actual situation is the the sending of the JF-17 to FIA 2010 was made at the last minute by the AHQ. The aircraft were flown from Pakistan-Saudi-Jordon-Turkey-UK. The full cost of the trip has been covered by the Chinese Cheng-Du company. Even more so I was dissapointed that such a good aircraft was parked at a major Sales airshow in static display. Had the JF-17 flown the FIA 2010, I can assure you that most of the folks would have forgotten the likes of Eurofighter or Grippen. But kudos to the Air HQ for having these birds at the FIA 2010, at least its a start. The Air Chief was also at the venue.

Sherdil thats probably because they decided the Crescent and star needed to be more prominent.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom