What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

why JF-17 not flyong at airshow? Its russian engine thats causing problem. Dint yor hear recently about russia blocking export of jf-17 with rd-93 engine? CATIC(China) wants to market jf-17 with their engine but the air display with rd-93 engine? Russians are not happy with china. So catic told PAF ..sorry sir no air display! Lets see still keeping finger crossed.. someone from show can post the marketing brochure of jf-17 to validate my theory! :undecided:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice try, but sorry this theory has no facts to support it.

Engine is not a problem to let the aircraft not fly, plus Russian govt has not issued any statement of blocking the engines for now, and even if they do block it, its not clear for whom they are gonna block it and for whom they will let it re-exported.

Only the heads of MiG & Sukhoi have suggested to the Russian govt to ban the export of this engine as this JF-17 can give a problem in selling their planes to a certain market. Russians where can't sell their planes can certainly let the engine be re-exported as it will get them hard cash, as well as in the long term cash for spare parts as well as maintenance and other servicing charges. But where JF-17 gives them a hard time in selling their own planes, they will try to block it, but its a matter of 1 year at the most, till the new engine's status is cleared and then the dependency on Russian engines will also be reduced or it comes to Zero.

why JF-17 not flyong at airshow? Its russian engine thats causing problem. Dint yor hear recently about russia blocking export of jf-17 with rd-93 engine? CATIC(China) wants to market jf-17 with their engine but the air display with rd-93 engine? Russians are not happy with china. So catic told PAF ..sorry sir no air display! Lets see still keeping finger crossed.. someone from show can post the marketing brochure of jf-17 to validate my theory! :undecided:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:.....after the theory of relativity....this is the next ground breaking theory.........theory of irrelevance :rofl::rofl:

No doubt :pop:

Sir P. Shamim seems to agree what i have been saying. Here is what he wrote on Pakdef forum....

"Mystry as to why JF-17 will only be in static display has deepened by the day. But I keep being told that there will be a flying display by the Thunders. PAF has actually planned (weather permitting) to have 16 flying Sorties with 34 different Manouveres. ACM is reported to have personally chosen ex-F-16 pilots who transferred to JF-17 in 26th Squadron. From take off to landing, each sortie will last 12 minutes. Pilots are expected to endure 4-5 Gs and lowest elevation is 2,000 meters. "Small radius turns," are most anticipated to be shown as a proof of Thunder prowess. It is said that F-16 and JF-17 have the same turn rates which if true will show the quality, manouverability and capability of Thunder.

Also related to the JF-17 avionics issues, French have tried playing mischievious games. They first refused to provide the Fire Control radar to pressurize Pakistan to abandon the Chinese company. When Pakistan refused to budge, it was later announced that the first news was a hoax. Later they reduced their price considerable less to compete against the Chinese.

Let us hope that JF flies as I have been told. "

I am heading in on the 1st day of the air show, on the 19th. Anyone coming? I'm heading thanks to the courtesy of Royal Bahraini Air Force and Royal Air Force.

THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE GOING TO THE SHOW!

getasset.aspx

One small question are these JF-17's from PAF or from CATIC.

The site states that these are CATIC JF-17. :confused:

One small question are these JF-17's from PAF or from CATIC.

The site states that these are CATIC JF-17. :confused:

Half made in Pakistan some parts came from china but wholely assembled in Pakistan...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom