What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

4800383336_097b11e147_b.jpg

this pic confirms that at least 14 thunders are operational and that no 26 sqdn is at full strength = 18 a/c.:cheers::china::pakistan:

Waqas119, while your intentions may be good, the photographer may not take kindly to you removing all the artefacts and the watermarks. They may equate it to stealing and may stop posting any more pictures on their websites. We don't want that.

Sorry for that :undecided::undecided:
I am not making money out of it. It was just a fan boy stuff!!!! But if you consider it that way then I will not do it again.:undecided:

Sir Fatman,

what is that part that "Danger" arrow is pointing at?

It houses canopy string and in case of emergency, pulling the string up to seven feet will detach the canopy, thus the word "RESCUE"

[.

Is it possible to have a private thread running open only to a limited set of people so that private details can be shared?[/QUOTE]

I would suggest you contact taimikhan and see if the facility can be provided in one of the fora.
Araz

That is indeed a very good question on which I have too pondered. A few explanations could be as follows for the reason that JF-17 is not going to be flying at the FIA 2010.

1. Politics.......Maybe the Western folks do not want the JF-17 to do a flying display perhaps out of fear of undercutting their own aircraft markets.

2. Money......It costs quite lot of extra to actually fly an aircraft at airshows. Perhaps the Chinese are not willing to spend that kind of money.

3. Safety Concerns.......Maybe the flight administration of the airshow has some strict rules and regulations on flying platforms. Maybe the JF-17 may not be able t qualify these 'air display' regulations.

All in all its a pity that the JF-17 would not be flying at the FIA 2010. Otherwise, it would have stolen the show with its air ballet!

Usman Shabbir of Pakdef.info reported that the problem arose because of the arrangements for insurance to fly in the show could not be arranged in time for the show itself.Earlier PShamim had reported that there was a problem with the compatibility of the radio with the radios installed in EU.
Whatever the case, it shows a certain lack of experience on the part of PAF/CATIC. So lets see what happens.
Araz

It houses canopy string and in case of emergency, pulling the string up to seven feet will detach the canopy, thus the word "RESCUE"

Thanks for informing me about it but I was asking about the one that is on air-intake under the wings > shape and has two Dangers written on each prong. Looks like some sensor .. is it?

Thanks for informing me about it but I was asking about the one that is on air-intake under the wings > shape and has two Dangers written on each prong. Looks like some sensor .. is it?

danger is written in v shape and in between "air intake"

because the air intake is so much power full that it can even suck the man.
and there is a video of such event on you tube that a jet on aircraft carrier suck the man
but at the end he is rescued safely

Last edited by a moderator:
That is indeed a very good question on which I have too pondered. A few explanations could be as follows for the reason that JF-17 is not going to be flying at the FIA 2010.

1. Politics.......Maybe the Western folks do not want the JF-17 to do a flying display perhaps out of fear of undercutting their own aircraft markets.

2. Money......It costs quite lot of extra to actually fly an aircraft at airshows. Perhaps the Chinese are not willing to spend that kind of money.

3. Safety Concerns.......Maybe the flight administration of the airshow has some strict rules and regulations on flying platforms. Maybe the JF-17 may not be able t qualify these 'air display' regulations.

All in all its a pity that the JF-17 would not be flying at the FIA 2010. Otherwise, it would have stolen the show with its air ballet!

I do not see any of above as a possible reason. Why? let me share what makes me think so.

1 - If politics had been the case, they wouldn't had invited PAF the first place. Even if this bird wouldn't fly, this would be showcased among other aircrafts of similar class which wouldn't stop potential clients to take interest and evaluate it in terms of specs.

2 - Regarding Pakistan/China worrying about cost of flying aircrafts - Its not even 0.1% likely.

3 - Safety Concerns? We are talking of an air-craft that is in serial production. Its not the alpha beta version that couldn't be cleared for safety reasons.

Having said that, I can take that in terms of Insurance though. Not sure if that became the reason for not letting it fly either.

Usman Shabbir of Pakdef.info reported that the problem arose because of the arrangements for insurance to fly in the show could not be arranged in time for the show itself.Earlier PShamim had reported that there was a problem with the compatibility of the radio with the radios installed in EU.
Whatever the case, it shows a certain lack of experience on the part of PAF/CATIC. So lets see what happens.
Araz

very true,
this show happens after 2 years so there was ample time to get all the information & make preparations

the craft is for the 3rd world low budget market so the western companies have nothing to fear a low cost an untested and unproven platform.

every reason explaining the failure to make the flight display will only prove the incompitance & bad management

we can only speculate

no one know the real reason . . . . . . .

and the one know will not leak it . . . . . . . . .

so whats the point of argument . . . . . . .?????

Last edited:
ACM will be there as well and i still believe that it will fly otherwise why ACM is going? to market the aircraft?

Time will tell.....

why JF-17 not flyong at airshow? Its russian engine thats causing problem. Dint yor hear recently about russia blocking export of jf-17 with rd-93 engine? CATIC(China) wants to market jf-17 with their engine but the air display with rd-93 engine? Russians are not happy with china. So catic told PAF ..sorry sir no air display! Lets see still keeping finger crossed.. someone from show can post the marketing brochure of jf-17 to validate my theory! :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom