What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

why JF-17 not flyong at airshow? Its russian engine thats causing problem. Dint yor hear recently about russia blocking export of jf-17 with rd-93 engine? CATIC(China) wants to market jf-17 with their engine but the air display with rd-93 engine? Russians are not happy with china. So catic told PAF ..sorry sir no air display! Lets see still keeping finger crossed.. someone from show can post the marketing brochure of jf-17 to validate my theory! :undecided:

Not the Russians or Chinese, nor the RD-93engine and neither the Queen of England or David Beckham or anyone else has anything to do with the air display of JF-17Thunder.....so chill out. :smokin:

With Russians, RD-93 has performed earlier in the shows world over without any issues and has performed really well....while Russians did manage to crash few Migs and SUs in various air shows but that had nothing to do with the aircraft or their respective engines .... perhaps pilots had too many Iron Bru’s before the airshows. :)

To perform an aerial display one needs certain preparation and clearances. If you have clearance for display in lets say Pakistan or Dubai, it doesn’t give you an auto go-ahead to perform anywhere in world. The clearances are also required to perform as solo display pilot in certain airspace and some are specific to certain airshows. When PAF decided to send the Thunder, it was already a bit too late to get all the clearances especially as solo display pilot in UK....

Hence it was decided that we will still show the world what Thunder is but it will be a static display only.

Anyway, all you aviation enthusiasts and airplane fans out there, lets ENJOY THE AIRSHOW and don’t forget to share your experiences along with pics here who were at Farnborough.....:partay:

Sir you mention it has 3 hrs oxygen supply ... is their any plan to put an On-board Oxygen Generator like other 4.5 Gens ???

i think 3 hours oxugen supply is a mistake! if it really is true you can't fly from Sargodha to Farnborough in only 2 stop strategy!!! (i.e. KSA & Turkey):undecided:

i think 3 hours oxugen supply is a mistake! if it really is true you can't fly from Sargodha to Farnborough in only 2 stop strategy!!! (i.e. KSA & Turkey):undecided:

1. Martin Baker high performance ejection seat
2. Canopy severance system for additional safety
3. French oxygen regulation system

New Environment Control System, providing:

* Air supply to control cockpit pressure and temperature
* Air supply for cooling Avionics
* Air supply to pilot pressure suit
* Air supply for windscreen defogging
* Oxygen supply duration three hours

JF-17 Thunder Economic Pakistan

Counter rotating Propellers look so cool.

Holy **** the A400M can haul ***. That thing took off and the second it was up it it pulled a 30-35 degree sharp turn while gaining altitude.

OBOGS is an automated system which means it gets activated one the aircraft lands so when JFTs landed in between, the system was operational and after take off, 3 more hours of oxygen supplied. All modern aircrafts have this system. Those who think it gets empty after 3 hours and that's it, need to get their facts straight. Few examples of this and similar systems are...

Mirage 2000-5, mk-2

F-16 blk 40, 50, 52, 60

F-15 C, E

Rafale

Eurofighter

F-18 C and F-18 SH

Grippen

j-10 etc......

Jigs, Did you guys see the Vulcan flypast? It was led by the Red Arrows in an arrow formation. Brilliant.

Jigs, Did you guys see the Vulcan flypast? It was led by the Red Arrows in an arrow formation. Brilliant.

I missed the Vulcan i was just able to catch the landing. Full combat load Typhoon is pretty awesome looking.

OH and i hope you got pictures of the TuAF 737 AEW&C :D

Last edited:
OH and i hope you got pictures of the TuAF 737 AEW&C :D

Just 1 or 2 long distance shots while it was parked last week. Can't see it now, too many large aircraft out there.

[Edit]
Just stepped out to photograph the Antonov and spotted your plane again. This time in the midst of a lot of other planes. It still seems to be on the same location on the airfield though.

scrumpy-albums-farnborough-air-show-pictures-picture3020-turkish-awacs.jpg

Last edited:
Oh so that is where it was. The Camera feeding the stream was on the other side of that 777 which was blocking it. Great picture thanks for the post.

One small question are these JF-17's from PAF or from CATIC.

The site states that these are CATIC JF-17. :confused:

Think its a PAF plane (with the insignia on the tail). But just like an F 16(no matter which Air force ) is always an L&M F 16, a JF 17 is a CATIC JF17

Back
Top Bottom