What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

PAF believes the AESA Radar with the PL10 and PL15 on the J10 have basically given them an advantage to the indian air force, including Raphael.

No Nuff said this time ?
1641453053896.png

Isreali engineers did a lot of work on Lavi themselves; funding was a lot from the proxies in US to get the funding. There was deeper collaboration with Atlas in SA at the same time; the wind tunnel tests were done here at Altas and early models were put here. Lavi blueprints form the basis of J10; it definitely did evolve from that point to suit the local requirement and constraints placed in terms of materials available to build J10 overall.
To say this was from J9 is a folly; the best fighter at the time they would put together was J8 from which J9 was evolving. To leap forward into a highly complex design such as J10; Lavi knowledge transfer was pivitol.
Certainly supports what I have read as well. However it has had to be redesigned since then. Most likely there was a protoype crash in the late 90s which led to a rehash of design. Obviously we rely on open source information which is unvarifiable given the Chinese secrecy.
A
Its either that or the Rafale since the platform diversity has actually shown its handicap from an operational standpoint.
Logic demands IN will eventually procure the Rafale for its Navy.
A

He didn't confirm the number when a journalist asked if the news of 25 J-10C flypass on 23rd March is true.

i think he did the right thing. the way he tell everything even hide, he would never give any number.

I guess lavi fans sure have solid proofs about the direct relations between lavi's and j-10's design, they just don't want to share them right?

I have always felt that DG ISPR should be a civilian employee of the defense dept. A person well versed in the science of PR and knows the value of the social media etc.
It is a terrible waste of military resources to have a person of a rank of Maj gen to be doing pr for the armed forces. Let him lead the troops, that's what he is trained to do. Besides this present ispr spokesperson is a dud.

The one where kickbacks are involved. Hope it helps.
Previous DG ISPR was way better and had a distinct character while he spoke.

Strangely, after operation Swift Retort, the Indians were complaining that they needed a DG ISPR level position for information dissemination and control. They felt that such a role was important in projecting single narratives around the war.

I see the merits of a civilian control over the DG ISPR, but I also think it should be left to the military to tell their story. Unless the fundamental military-civil divide in Pakistan is resolved, it is meaningless to attempt such a pivot. In fact, even after this military-civil divide is addressed, the position of DG ISPR should remain with the military. My only concern is that the DG ISPR, just like the ISI and the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, has turned into an army domain where the navy and Air Force have no say. Due to the evolving nature of the modern war, I think the Air Force and navy should be given their due respect. The era of vast armies rolling into enemy territory are over. Today it is about air and naval projections.

Pakistan’s understanding of the military hierarchy should also evolve. In fact, such an evolution will go a long way in resolving the military-civil divide itself, and probably help create a more professional, depoliticized and result oriented army instead of the current DHA land grabbing mafia and egotistical overlords they have now turned into.
Partially agreed with you. DG ISPR should always stay with the military but Navy and Air force should be given their turn too. Our army is politically too strong and other sister armed forces just follow the lead of the Army.

The post of DG ISPR has nothing to do with the "land grabbing and egoistical overlords". It's a thought process, social custom/tradition and a system corrupt status quo (civil-military mafia). The post of DG ISPR is a spokesperson of the military and yes it proved to be a great advantage to Pakistan during that short conflict with India

Is the SU-35 rumour true?

No, Russians did not allow Chinese avionics to be integrated with it. Some say it was a bargaining chip for Typhoons which also did not materialize. Best bet at a flanker would be J-15 as it's based on Ukraine's Su-33 which avoids Russia all together.

If I'm not mistaken it uses the same engine series as J10C which would make a lot of sense for PAF to procure it.

A J-16 in J-15 clothing will secure Pakistani territorial waters for 10+ years.

PAF believes the AESA Radar with the PL10 and PL15 on the J10 have basically given them an advantage to the indian air force, including Raphael.
Sir, for that PAF will have to dual rack the Pl-15s on a flight of J-10s so as to launch a credible staggered (defensive - none-advancing or offensive - advancing) flow against a flight of incoming Rafales. Unfortunately we haven only seen Pl-12s being dual racked on the J-10s so far. So Im not sure if its a clear advantage or simply a more level chance..

Atleast, this is what I have gathered from the recent simulations done by people on this forum and elsewhere on Command.

No, Russians did not allow Chinese avionics to be integrated with it. Some say it was a bargaining chip for Typhoons which also did not materialize. Best bet at a flanker would be J-15 as it's based on Ukraine's Su-33 which avoids Russia all together.

If I'm not mistaken it uses the same engine series as J10C which would make a lot of sense for PAF to procure it.

A J-16 in J-15 clothing will secure Pakistani territorial waters for 10+ years.

Are you sure Ukraine operates SU-33s?

What you folks think that IF, J-10C are coming and that is the only acquisition/new capability as usual? Think about the future ahead of us. Think about the limits you might expect to cross to strengthen defence & enhance capability. Think.....

Back
Top Bottom