What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

At the risk of extending the OT, I would like to point out that just as China has caught up in jet engine technology, the chips industry would be no different. Also, the absolute scale of further miniaturization would matter less than strategic employment of assets. So, even if China stays a generation behind, Chinese would still be able to cover the gap. It not likely to be a deciding factor in the medium-long term.

Notice the DSI on J-10. I doubt if this is from 90s.

The picture was taken when Li Peng (Guy on the left)Premier of the People's Republic of China from 1987 to 1998 visiting CAC in 1991. These pics were released during Chengfei commemorates the 10th anniversary of the first flight of the J-10.

You can tell these pics are very old because Li Peng still look quite young at the time. And DSI concept is not new.

We should be glad that J-10 acquisition didnt start rumors of kick backs unlike Rafale across the border.
Such rumors have little sway in Pakistan since we have practically outsourced defense and related acquisitions to the military.

The picture was taken when Li Peng (Guy on the left)Premier of the People's Republic of China from 1987 to 1998 visiting CAC in 1991. These pics were released during Chengfei commemorates the 10th anniversary of the first flight of the J-10.

You can tell these pics are very old because Li Peng still look quite young at the time. And DSI concept is not new.
Thanks for correcting me. It seems that DSI was always on the cards.

FOxEfDlWQAAl4Qi.jpeg

FOxEegmX0AA8OrK.jpeg
FOxEgDGWUAIcAuo.jpeg

I came across this youtuber's video and he raised some quite interesting points regarding microchip manufacturing ability of Russia vs US & then China vs Russia for military use. I think its a really good analysis that he made and probably the reason why IAF is not so confident despite having massive sized, twin engined SU 30 MKIs and had to run and buy Rafales. We all saw what happened at 27th Feb!

Russia's Mikron fab can only produce up to 65nm.
Meanwhile.....
China's SMIC is mass producing 14/12nm (N+1 node(~8nm) in limited production) and only thing holding them back from 7/5/4/3nm is deined access from EUV lithography equipment which only one company in the world produces that is Deutch ASML.
But china is working on its own EUV machine SMEE is a firm that's is working on such machines and currently have tech to manufacturer 28nm if they keep improving they might not even need ASML.

You are right!
Mid 90s and US military hardware was not an option while Rafale/Typhoon were still in their infancy so IAF’s logical choice was Russian weapons.
What is the role of chip in aircraft? Will it effects its performance with respect to radar and tracking and directing weapon?

By the time China will reach there, ASML has further tricks up their sleeve like NA EUV. Plus it’s not just the EUV machine, there are other collaborators involved like masking chemicals from Germany. They would like to keep China a generation behind in this technology.
My elder bro is Sr. Scientist at ASML

High end chips only matter in smart and demanding gadget like smartphone where big chips are not an option due to limited size.
I think it would matter in 6th generation aircraft where the role of AI will be the key and for AI a high end chip will be needed?

I came across this youtuber's video and he raised some quite interesting points regarding microchip manufacturing ability of Russia vs US & then China vs Russia for military use. I think its a really good analysis that he made and probably the reason why IAF is not so confident despite having massive sized, twin engined SU 30 MKIs and had to run and buy Rafales. We all saw what happened at 27th Feb!

I have a question from the learned members here.. what kind of functionalities/capabilities are dependent on the chip speed in current 4th/5th generation aircrafts? I think in current 4th/5th generation aircrafts high end datalink is more important than the high end chip? Can anyone elaborate on the topic? Thanks

Would be keen to know how the JF17 Block III performs vs J10(P)
Two Brand new Birds golden era for Pakistan's Airforce no doubt

Back
Top Bottom