What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

I wonder sometimes, f16 wings have bigger forward wing flaps, also eurofighter. But j10 and the IAI lavi have shorter wing flaps(?) At the front edge of the main wing. J10s start only where the main wing straightens after the initial dip.
Is the design so as to not interefer with the efficency of the canards. ( correction eurofighter's forward wing slats too start( on the main wing) where the canards end.
Is it so as to prevent vortoxes interference with airflow from canards.
2ndly, the flaps seem quite small as compared to a mirage. Reason?

There was an emphasis when PAF “Horse’s mouth” whey talk of SD-10.. its called SD-10B and its performance is emphatically equated to AIM-120C.

Which variant of 120C? C5 or C7?

I came across this youtuber's video and he raised some quite interesting points regarding microchip manufacturing ability of Russia vs US & then China vs Russia for military use. I think its a really good analysis that he made and probably the reason why IAF is not so confident despite having massive sized, twin engined SU 30 MKIs and had to run and buy Rafales. We all saw what happened at 27th Feb!

If they were not confident, why did IAF acquire 270 of them? Bad planning if that is the case. They would have figured out all the shortcomings within the IOC timings and should have either cut the order or made appropriate updates.

If they were not confident, why did IAF acquire 270 of them? Bad planning if that is the case. They would have figured out all the shortcomings within the IOC timings and should have either cut the order or made appropriate updates.

We were in US camp at that time. They had no other option but to go with Russia if they wanted "made in India" or acquisition in high numbers at an affordable price. They wouldn't have afforded western jets in large numbers back then, Indian economy in 2000s was only 468 Billion USD. They gained a lot during .com boom & IT (call centre 🤭) revolution. Pakistan missed it due to being busy with Afghanistan and terrorism proxies supported by India, USA and Mossad.

I came across this youtuber's video and he raised some quite interesting points regarding microchip manufacturing ability of Russia vs US & then China vs Russia for military use. I think its a really good analysis that he made and probably the reason why IAF is not so confident despite having massive sized, twin engined SU 30 MKIs and had to run and buy Rafales. We all saw what happened at 27th Feb!

Russia's Mikron fab can only produce up to 65nm.
Meanwhile.....
China's SMIC is mass producing 14/12nm (N+1 node(~8nm) in limited production) and only thing holding them back from 7/5/4/3nm is deined access from EUV lithography equipment which only one company in the world produces that is Deutch ASML.
But china is working on its own EUV machine SMEE is a firm that's is working on such machines and currently have tech to manufacturer 28nm if they keep improving they might not even need ASML.

We were in US camp at that time. They had no other option but to go with Russia if they wanted "made in India" or acquisition in high numbers at an affordable price. They wouldn't have afforded western jets in large numbers back then, Indian economy in 2000s was only 468 Billion USD. They gained a lot during .com boom & IT (call centre 🤭) revolution. Pakistan missed it due to being busy with Afghanistan and terrorism proxies supported by India, USA and Mossad.
You are right!
Mid 90s and US military hardware was not an option while Rafale/Typhoon were still in their infancy so IAF’s logical choice was Russian weapons.

Russia's Mikron fab can only produce up to 65nm.
Meanwhile.....
China's SMIC is mass producing 14/12nm (N+1 node(~8nm) in limited production) and only thing holding them back from 7/5/4/3nm is deined access from EUV lithography equipment which only one company in the world produces that is Deutch ASML.
But china is working on its own EUV machine SMEE is a firm that's is working on such machines and currently have tech to manufacturer 28nm if they keep improving they might not even need ASML.
By the time China will reach there, ASML has further tricks up their sleeve like NA EUV. Plus it’s not just the EUV machine, there are other collaborators involved like masking chemicals from Germany. They would like to keep China a generation behind in this technology.

By the time China will reach there, ASML has further tricks up their sleeve like NA EUV. Plus it’s not just the EUV machine, there are other collaborators involved like masking chemicals from Germany. They would like to keep China a generation behind in this technology.
At the risk of extending the OT, I would like to point out that just as China has caught up in jet engine technology, the chips industry would be no different. Also, the absolute scale of further miniaturization would matter less than strategic employment of assets. So, even if China stays a generation behind, Chinese would still be able to cover the gap. It not likely to be a deciding factor in the medium-long term.

Notice the DSI on J-10. I doubt if this is from 90s.

:astagh: na na na. Asa na krna wrna qoum k sapoot r bahadur jawan bohat ghusa r naraz hjyngy.
:astagh: :no::nono:

PDF k think tank: Consultant ho k bhi asay anaab shnaab Kesy bol lety. Toba Toba.
We should be glad that J-10 acquisition didnt start rumors of kick backs unlike Rafale across the border.

Back
Top Bottom