What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

The JF17 and the J10 have still to be battle proven

With all due respect, JF17 dropped their SOWs and pinged Indian military installation during op swift retort. Throughout that episode, they took the brunt of CAPS all over the eastern border, successfully intercepting/locking many Indian top of the line jets.

On the other hand, European jets like Rafale and Eurofighter , at best, dropped some bombs on rag tags militias in Mali and Libya.

Who do you think is more "battle proven"?

Hi,

I am one of the senior most members on this forum.

I used to be on the think Tank but I resigned my commission many years ago due to difference of opinion with those who stated that pakistan did not have funds and will get nothing from china ever and J10 does not bring anything to the table---.

There will be no Type 054's---pakistan is broke---there will be no chinese submarines---and look now---none of them has any shame to come forward and apologize---hey @araz---how about an apology.

& mods---don't delete the post.

I remember your posts and you were always a knowlegeble mature person, but think about it from their point of view, we are a poor nation and it was unimaginable that Pakistan would be able to buy latest tech planes or even that China will be able to achieve what it has done. PDF is a platform where people share their opinions and its a good thing to have difference of opinions and points.
Even today its unbelievable what we have achieved, back in 2002 we had 6 used frigates but today we have brand new latest technology planes, subs, ships, missiles. InshaAllah our economy, education and security will also be world class.

Given where things are heading, I think it's possible for China to export J-20 to Pakistan in the next 10 years. 5 years ago, I didn't think they'd export it to anyone. But keep in mind that if China does export something like J-20 to Pakistan, Pakistan would have to be 100% aligned with China. None of this we try to be on good terms with US, so that we can get F-16V.

J20 will be around 20 years old tech by 2030s and China will be preparing to induct next generation AI planes. China is already incorporating many 6th generation technologies on to the J20s so its definitely likely Pakistan will have the J20s, J35s and Tfx available.

Down the road we need stealth planes F-35 types; we can't wait for India to induct and then we counter we need to stay multiple steps ahead and integrate these assets.
bhai sahab..
dont get too emotional.. our pockets are not that deep to afford stealth
We have been going asymmetric from beginning, so is this time in case india gets hands on F35 class of jets

with every jet engine there is limit of number of use of afterburner after which Jet engine is required necessary checks and service ....

this thing contribute in the availability and / or non-availability of Fighter jet
False information , afterburners do not contribute more to inspection of overhaul time. It’s based on total used/ elapsed time!!!

F-16s and jf-17 regularly as part of the SOP use afterburners for take off specially when carrying external fuel tanks due to drag

…..

K

Last edited:
With all due respect, JF17 dropped their SOWs and pinged Indian military installation during op swift retort. Throughout that episode, they took the brunt of CAPS all over the eastern border, successfully intercepting/locking many Indian top of the line jets.

On the other hand, European jets like Rafale and Eurofighter , at best, dropped some bombs on rag tags militias in Mali and Libya.

Who do you think is more "battle proven"?
  • Pakistan is flying JF-17 for 18+ years and they got "battle proven" against India in the highly contested air-skirmish.
  • India is flying Rafael for less than 1 year and they got "battle proven" by someone else against someone else. Indians at best heard about this story. That is how much they are related to it.

Well, so indeed the Pakistani version is a downgraded one of the regular PLAAF version! :azn:

Seems as if some missed by irony or sarcasm! :happy:

Anyway, what do you think ... did I miss something?

J-10CP cn. 0720 vs J-10C Batch 03 maybe + notes.jpg

JF-17s based at Karachi can do that
JF-17 can do that and I am not saying SU-35 of China are coming in fact no chance at all but SU 35 is double engine beast and JF-17 is single engine light weight jet. The firepower which can be carried by SU 35, JF-17 doesn't even come close

Seems as if some missed by irony or sarcasm! :happy:

Anyway, what do you think ... did I miss something?

View attachment 816501
Pakistanis including me end up missing sarcasm on lot of occasions

That's simply not true. Please stop making things up. Find me one real source that says su35 use Chinese aesa radar and can use pl15.

And even more it cannot carry YJ-62 AShMs.

The max-range of Su-35 is 3600km.

Chinese Su-35 can use YJ62&YJ83 &YJ91. The max-range of these missiles is 280km, the max-speed is Mach 1.5, the lowest flight altitude is only 1.5m from the sea surface.

Most of all since there is not even an air-launched YJ-62 available!

The day US offers india F-35s , China will ok J-20 sale to Pakistan, China is not offering J-20 to Pakistan because this deal will start unnecessary arm race in south asia which china dont want right now
It's true.Even Pakistan wouldn't want an arms race that burns cash like that, but we can bet that PAF is prepared for that and has already considered its 5th gen options.

That's simply not true. Please stop making things up. Find me one real source that says su35 use Chinese aesa radar and can use pl15.

Su-35 belongs to aliens in PLAAF, it is not valued and liked by the Chinese people.
So few important military magazines pay attention to them, only a few small media reported that they were refitted.

IMG_20220218_221846.jpg

IMG_20220218_221835.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom