What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

PTV news is already digitized and now PTV sports is also, this year PSL will be telecast in HD.
Problem is if the audience ( cable operators) doesn't have the converter it's of no use, so PTV is trying to convert that.

You know me, and I would be sick if I won't ask: Care to explain at least from what corner this rumour comes from?

Hey Deino, just some Gupshup with an X-serviceman in Pakistan. As the name suggests "Gupshup" meaning chitchat, gossip, etc. So not taking this serious.

Masla yeh nahi k PTV HD hoga ya nahi masla yeh hai k PTV k cameraman tharki hain aunties or bachion pe zayada focus hota hai unka 😂😂😂

all the day every day those camera men cover buudhi, theeri, maiyaan on PTV. when they get luck to go out only then they have chance to have some fun.

I just hope and pray SR is proven correct this time. Nevertheless a few more teasers.

1643289729398.png

1643289763973.png

Last edited:
Do you mean reducing the speed of planes to the lowest point in a war zone which is full of BVR... lol.... it is useless in a warzone.
Sure...I mean what would the designers of the f22 know compared to you. In a war zone full of threats why would you want greater maneuverability

Sure...I mean what would the designers of the f22 know compared to you. In a war zone full of threats why would you want greater maneuverability
Explained in detail,
.Why are US jet superiority fighters like the F-15 or F-16 not equipped with canards or thrust vectoring to make them more agile & maneuverable?
The role of the thrust vectoring control (TVC) is mostly misunderstood as I can judge by the ppl.
The absolute flight performance is not increased by the TVC. For turning capability, you need lift force. A lot. If a plane is in a 4G turn the lift force on the airframe is 4 times is the weight of the plane. The thrust of the plane provides the power to keep the speed in turn.
Let’s just assume a Su-30 with 25 tons weight at M0.5. This is ASF (air superiority) configuration. It’s engine produces at M0.5 at 3 km alt about 80 kN thrust based on AL-31 data. Two engines produce 160 kN.
Assuming 30 degrees vectoring the lift increase for thrust is only 80 kN (using trigonometry) while even in 1G level flight weight of the plane is 245kN in a 4G turn it is almost 1000 kN. For this meaningless lift increase (+8%) the Su-30 sacrificed the forward thrust component which is reduced from 160 kN to 138.5 kN. (-14%)
It is simply not worth it. And I assumed only 4G turn which cannot be considered high not even at medium altitude at M0.9.
main-qimg-01f7b64b95da11c2d7c398c51c3d62f9-pjlq

The TVC has speed limitation. This is for Su-30s.
main-qimg-62234206d13a3635b3f669b0dcbfa772

The TVC is useful at slow speed and high AoA cases and it also helps to initiate and stop turns quicker.
The control surfaces provide the 3 axis control which keeps the plane is a certain AoA position. The TVC extends the capabilities of the control beyond (lower) stall speed. It does nothing else. You can produce forces to control the plane in 3 axis where the conventional way has very little or no effect.
main-qimg-2730c3f384758d02c52aee14bbfa3576

This is a very impressive stunt and it is an amazing engineering feat but in combat, it has 0 usefulness this maneuvers.
Sukhoi Su-35 at Airshow Moscow
But in many vs many air combat flying slow is a very, very bad idea. And the real life is not 1v1. The “super maneuverability” is just a marketing term (BS) nothing else…
Canards is the same case. You can achieve good performance without this. It is just a possible “tool” from the many solutions. The Su-30 have two evolution branches. Only one has canards. The Su-35 also does not have it.

Explained in detail,
.Why are US jet superiority fighters like the F-15 or F-16 not equipped with canards or thrust vectoring to make them more agile & maneuverable?
The role of the thrust vectoring control (TVC) is mostly misunderstood as I can judge by the ppl.
The absolute flight performance is not increased by the TVC. For turning capability, you need lift force. A lot. If a plane is in a 4G turn the lift force on the airframe is 4 times is the weight of the plane. The thrust of the plane provides the power to keep the speed in turn.
Let’s just assume a Su-30 with 25 tons weight at M0.5. This is ASF (air superiority) configuration. It’s engine produces at M0.5 at 3 km alt about 80 kN thrust based on AL-31 data. Two engines produce 160 kN.
Assuming 30 degrees vectoring the lift increase for thrust is only 80 kN (using trigonometry) while even in 1G level flight weight of the plane is 245kN in a 4G turn it is almost 1000 kN. For this meaningless lift increase (+8%) the Su-30 sacrificed the forward thrust component which is reduced from 160 kN to 138.5 kN. (-14%)
It is simply not worth it. And I assumed only 4G turn which cannot be considered high not even at medium altitude at M0.9.
main-qimg-01f7b64b95da11c2d7c398c51c3d62f9-pjlq

The TVC has speed limitation. This is for Su-30s.
main-qimg-62234206d13a3635b3f669b0dcbfa772

The TVC is useful at slow speed and high AoA cases and it also helps to initiate and stop turns quicker.
The control surfaces provide the 3 axis control which keeps the plane is a certain AoA position. The TVC extends the capabilities of the control beyond (lower) stall speed. It does nothing else. You can produce forces to control the plane in 3 axis where the conventional way has very little or no effect.
main-qimg-2730c3f384758d02c52aee14bbfa3576

This is a very impressive stunt and it is an amazing engineering feat but in combat, it has 0 usefulness this maneuvers.
Sukhoi Su-35 at Airshow Moscow
But in many vs many air combat flying slow is a very, very bad idea. And the real life is not 1v1. The “super maneuverability” is just a marketing term (BS) nothing else…
Canards is the same case. You can achieve good performance without this. It is just a possible “tool” from the many solutions. The Su-30 have two evolution branches. Only one has canards. The Su-35 also does not have it.
I have no issues with what you have written but not all combat is at high speed and plus mach 1.
Again what have they put tVC on a f22? Clearly then the designer is wrong

Back
Top Bottom