What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

at least we will not buy half cooked khusra jet :lol:
Challo, we'll cancel the J-10C & continue to keep flying your all-time favorite & have our lads continue to maintain it - day & nite.

DcWkG3nXkAEu0qF.jpg

You & me both...

But everytime someone brings up J-11, J-15 and/or J-16 in the Pakistan Air Force/Navy discussion - I can't help but shake my head :fie: .

Obviously there are those who believe in Santa (too), but when you ask them for anything short of evidence - they go off saying that we don't know jack.

The J-11, J-15 and/or J-16 discussions are as absurd as EFT, GripenNG, F-35, F/A-18, F-22 etc.
Agree bro, except EFT is not an absurd dream, it pales vs US tech but for sure way above anything French, let alone that small Swedish jet. Austria has long been trying to get rid of their EFTs, PAF may join the bid, or approach other EFT users who may resell. From another perspective, in fact Austria is the only European user outside the EFT shareholding countries while all other sales fell, EFT consortium should be more than happy to take PAF as customer.

Last edited:
Guys dont worry, J10Cs are coming in a few days / weeks. Naysayers will soon get their answer.
For now a sqd or so, 2nd sqd later.
And yeah Turkish drones also inducted, for now just a couple, more on the way.
And hopefully 02 IL-76s also will be seen in near future.

Last edited:
Agree bro, but EFT is not an absurd dream and it can also beat Rafale hands down. Austria has long been trying to get rid of their EFTs, PAF may join the bid, or approach other EFT users who may resell. From another perspective, in fact Austria is the only European user outside the EFT shareholding countries while all other sales fell, EFT consortium should be more than happy to take PAF as customer.
I think PAF has already exhausted all its funds with all the purchases that are coming to lite. Besides, I don't think PAF is in any position to maintain those particular birds. Its anyone's guess why all its operators are now selling or putting them in storage.

Indonesia has been dancing around that EFT acquisition since the summer of 2020. Not sure if they dropped the idea around the time when they started taking interest in the F-15EX.
And hopefully 02 IL-76s also will be seen in near future.
"Hopefully"..., more like sadly.

If anything that needs change/modernization in our Air Force are our Air Refuelers. We have Four of those fuel-guzzlers & on a good day, 2 are Airworthy.

Forget J-20 for a while. PAF should have pushed hard for the new & improved Y-20 Air Refuelers.

Yunyou20-tanker-aircraft.jpg

Last edited:
Last night I read an article in Dawn news about J10 induction and the author claimed that we may add "F" in the name,
Does it means that we are going to start a local assembly line of JF10 plane? :eek:

Last night I read an article in Dawn news about J10 induction and the author claimed that we may add "F" in the name,
That's likely because of PAF's tradition of giving Chinese aircraft a 'westernised' name:
The J-6 became the F-6
J-7 became F-7
Q-5 became the A-5
The Chinese Il-28 became the B-56

Does it means that we are going to start a local assembly line of JF10 plane? :eek:
Chinese use "J" for their fighter planes we use "F" for our fighter planes like J-7= F-7,

Last edited:
I use automobiles because they are a very common subject anyone can relate to.
Is tanga considered automobile sir? I drive a Tesla and of course a truck for my off-road adventures(driven Audi, bmws, merz etc). I hardly get the opportunity to test any handling though. I bet I can't take my Tesla, for my hunting trips. I might be able to take a tanga though... We sometime overthink and overemphasize...

Yes, added on a test-platform but surely not on any operational J-10C. In fact we know only one - maybe plus a second - PLAAF unit operating WS-10B powered ones, but we know already several J-10Cs with that engine and simply NONE - in fact not a single one - has the TVC nozzle.

In fact exactly the opposite: Only one single J-10B is using it.

As such, the chance, the PAF might get as a first uses a TVC-equipped J-10C is IMO non-existent.

What will TVC add in terms of performance of J-10C?? Will it become on par with EFT or Rafale in terms or maneuverability, specially in dog fights??

Chinese use "J" for their fighter planes we use "F" for you fighter planes like J-8= F-8,
If we add "F" which is suggested by author then its going to become "JF" which is Joint Fighter or local assembly in my guess.
And without local assembly you are correct.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom