What's new

PAF going for MI-35 attack helicopters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ More like this i think:

shind-2.jpg

That infact is not the Mi-35..
that is the upgraded Mi-24 by ATE systems of South Africa (and not a bad option either if Pakistan can manage to procure some hinds)
Innovation, a powerful engine for development - ATE

The Z-9 has been in mass production since the early 90s, although the attack variant has just surfaced in recent years. It is very important to know that Z-9 like the Mi-17, they were not designed from the ground up for being attack helis, lack the 30mm canon, also you can tell by the pilot/co-pilot seating positions, which makes the aircraft easier to target by ground fire and also make pilot exposed.

The WZ-10 however is only a medium weight attack heli.

Mi-35 is the export variant of Mi-24. which I think is the most combat hardened attack Heli of all besides the cobra, It has operated in Afghanistan for 10 years alone, all you have to make sure is your enemy don't have stingers.

a pic of WZ-10 while Im at it.

WZ-10-attack-helicopter.jpg

The MI-35 and derivatives are cold war machines and remind one of the Pakistani haulage trucks with a lot of metal and other bits and pieces stuck on.... if the option is there then i hope PAF goes for something like Havoc or Black Shark.

Mi-28 is what PA should go for.
Very much Comparable to AH-64.
MI-35 is a modified lethal version of MI-24 Hind, that will be outdated soon. Should go for new stuff now.

t-129 atak is suitable for Pakistan , we have similar helis , cobras and super cobras but now the T-129 , t-129 atak will be with fully turkish avionics a more powerfull engine and many more improvements , full turkish rights to export etc

t-129_258154.jpg

Alligator is a far better option for PAF/PA... since the widespread distribution/use of High caliber weapons, RPG-07, stinger and other Chinese rockets by insurgents... would make the life of a long tail chopper difficult.

Ka-52_Alligator_1.jpg

And believe me its sound would set them running out of their holes from a long long way.

As i feel, best option for Pakistan will be to arm some Mi-17s for the time being, and then look forward to buy some specialized attack helicopter from Chinese or Turkish stable.

Mi-17s can be customized according to the role.

mi17demodv5.jpg

Mi-35s are often referred to as "flying tanks" but it is the avionics which really let them down. Compared to modern systems like the LCH,AH-1Z,Tiger,t-129,ka-52,MI-28 etc it is pretty abysmal- forget about the latest version of the Apache, the AH-64D BLK.III it is on a different planet. Nations have taken steps to solve this such as South Africa and India with avionics upgrades but the helo is based on a 4-) year old design and it is showing its age. Pakistan should try and get the AH-1Z when it comes onto the market in ~2015/16 it is the best bet.

I hope this isn't yet another speculation thread on Pakistani arms purchases, they all to often come to naught.

Turkish helicopter is a great option. But I see sanctions coming as campaign in Afghanistan is winding down.

If Turkish helicopter has American engine, then Pakistan should stay away. The best option right now is Mi-28, I think.

I agree with SkullandBones! If army is looking for both troop transport capability and firepower, instead of going for mi35, wouldnt it be better to equip mi17 with rocket pods. It would be much cheaper and easier for our pilots since they already have experience flying the mi17

1st of all this will never materialize that Russia sell any Offensive equipment to Pakistan worth few million, when more than 50billion dollars worth of business in stake. PAF or PA or PN can say anything to Russian counterparts but the question is will they even consider ? Well absolutely not. Trust me it was yet another Chai biscuit meeting for your generals :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom