What's new

PAF going for MI-35 attack helicopters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shield: all deals are made in chai and biscuit meetings, so i dont know what you are trying to imply.

@Shield: all deals are made in chai and biscuit meetings, so i dont know what you are trying to imply.

All meeting made in Chai and Biscuit but only few are lucky to witness the morning sun , means There is so much in background that you can't even imagine my friend. Indian Media take no time to jump into conclusion about Russian intention and here we go 50billion dollar projects for russia in gutter.Kaput !!!!!! ;)

1st of all this will never materialize that Russia sell any Offensive equipment to Pakistan worth few million, when more than 50billion dollars worth of business in stake. PAF or PA or PN can say anything to Russian counterparts but the question is will they even consider ? Well absolutely not. Trust me it was yet another Chai biscuit meeting for your generals :lol:

Indians height of insecurity is perfectly revealed in this post.

Provided such a deal ever goes through, how will a few million dollars of attack helicopters threaten a $50 billion relationship?

Stupidity and insecurity is a deadly combo.

Provided such a deal ever goes through, how will a few million dollars of attack helicopters threaten a $50 billion relationship?

I think he is trying to say the deal will never happen because the Russians have too much to lose.

Hey what are we arguing about . We got the Us helis they shud get the russian ones

Whats the big deal !! Only time will tell Who will bow her head down ,India or Russia

the symbiotic relation is so intertwined that we cant break it off even if we want to ...not till fgfa is over atleast

We're operating these helicopters for the last twenty years and about to retire them. And why should we feel insecure if some neighbor buys some platform on the verge of being obsolete.

Reality check can be a mean b!tc#

They have shown interest, not buying them yet. Only on showing interest, the thread has been bombarded, what will happen if they decide to buy and the deal actually goes through!!!

The Z-9 has been in mass production since the early 90s, although the attack variant has just surfaced in recent years. It is very important to know that Z-9 like the Mi-17, they were not designed from the ground up for being attack helis, lack the 30mm canon, also you can tell by the pilot/co-pilot seating positions, which makes the aircraft easier to target by ground fire and also make pilot exposed.

The WZ-10 however is only a medium weight attack heli.

Mi-35 is the export variant of Mi-24. which I think is the most combat hardened attack Heli of all besides the cobra, It has operated in Afghanistan for 10 years alone, all you have to make sure is your enemy don't have stingers.

a pic of WZ-10 while Im at it.

WZ-10-attack-helicopter.jpg

I am also with the Z-10P other than ATAK, but I don't know why I think that PAA like this too at least 1% more than ATAK.

Alligator is a far better option for PAF/PA... since the widespread distribution/use of High caliber weapons, RPG-07, stinger and other Chinese rockets by insurgents... would make the life of a long tail chopper difficult.

Ka-52_Alligator_1.jpg

And believe me its sound would set them running out of their holes from a long long way.

I think INAF love this and would buy it for their 4 LPDs along with other Kamovs and US S-70s

well you guys mean, if they done contract with Pakistan India will Cancel all its deals?

are you guys in your mind did you ever think who is using whose weapons? you are on the weapons aid of Russians what you thin after that where you wil go will you start from scratch you super duper MKI spare parts? SSBN? AC? Cruise missiles all comes from Russia ? Russia only bear economical lose if you ever try to show any attitude to Russia but SUPER DOPER India will become SUPER DUPER Bullshit with out Russian weapons think before you speak.

you guys are dependent on Russia not vice versa

And IAF might also look to some of these in coming years but now they are looking for 24 APaches but surely to see this in 2015-17

IAF already looked at it and rejected it in favor of Apaches, in future we might see more follow on Apache orders but not Mi-28. It has very poor service ceiling and sensor package.

Pakistan Army Aviation flew these Russian attack helo for while...Don't know what's situation now.

13.jpg

7.jpg

UmarMarwat%5CPakistanArmyAviationBaseQuetta%5C8.jpg

Pakistan Army Aviation flew these Russian attack helo for while...Don't know what's situation now.

13.jpg

7.jpg

UmarMarwat%5CPakistanArmyAviationBaseQuetta%5C8.jpg

I guess those are Hinds captured from Ex Afghan army, total 8 were captured. While 6 were given to US, UK, China and 2 remaining with Pakistan.

There is the new and much more expensive Mi-35M, which is infact a new helicopter, but then there is also the basic Mi-35P which is just Mi-24. Mi-35M is neither the export name actually, it is procured by Russian army itself under the same designation.

Alot of differences from the vanilla Mi-24/35.

New, more powerfull 2500VK engines (same as those on Mi-28)
New composite main rotor blades, x-shaped tail rotor (from Mi-28)
New shorter stub wings (from Mi-28 aswell)
23mm twin barell gun
The ability to carry 16 ATAKA anti-tank missiles, aswell Igla air-to-air missiles if necessary
Fixed landing gear
Modern avionics, improved counter-measures, cockpit with MFDs etc...
GOES-342
etc...

Azerbaijan has bought 36 Mi-35M for around $600 million. It is also being purchased by Russian Air Force, Brazile bought 12 and Venezuela 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom