What's new

PAF Future Leading Aircraft

"Just hours after Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras and U.S. President Donald Trump agreed on the re-haul of Greece’s F-16 fleet, two Turkish Aircrafts violated Greek airspace over the Aegean.

Two Turkish F-16 fighters flew around Lemnos island at around 11 am, while at the same time a Turkish CN-235 electronic war aircraft was sent to the Aegean, and a Turkish military helicopter had also been deployed.

No Turkish military exercise was in progress when the Greek airspace violation took place."

toyrkikes_paraviaseis.jpg

Pakistanis issue is lack of money and resources. Nothing else.

You simply can't afford to buy and operate the sort of air force you people desire.

You will do what you do best

Out of box solutions

Used fighters with upgrades to extend life of old f16 and continue with thunder .

One day when and if J31, is available in a decade from now you will strike a deal to buy a small quantity for mix of cash and sift loan payments or rights to ports and transit of goods into cpec routes

That's my opinion based on your financial state today and Lsst two decades

paf lacks long term planning

Last edited:
We know that PAF is now facing lack of modern technology for future. We have in our fleet planes like F-7PG, Mirage III & V, which should have been phased out approx. 10 years ago. F-16 planes are though very good but in future we might see a problem in form of no genuine spare parts for replacement. JF-17 thunder planes are new and evolving but not to lead from front at the moment. In these scenario need for modern fighter planes has become more than essential. SO, my Topic is what should PAF do that actual need of department fulfil given a moderate budget of PAF.

I would request elders and experienced persons on this Platform to do participate in this thread.
@Zibago @The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight @war&peace @Dawood Ibrahim @Ulla @Signalian
@friendly_troll96
@Zarvan

Its the F-16 obsession. PAF wants to get more used or new F-16's, just like it rounded up a hundred Mirages eventually. PAF has got its hands on F-16's spares even during sanctions, so PAF sees no issues with that otherwise PAF would have jumped on a new aircraft by now. Have you not observed that the fighter induction in PAF is there but only F-16's in past few years. JF-17 is a domestic induction which will continue regardless of any other fighter induction in PAF.

Statements by PAF and other officials come out as looking for new aircrafts like 5th gen and even conducting domestic ventures. Cost issue or budget may not be a hurdle since PA and PN are acquiring new weapon systems also. PAF has looked at every available option out there but practically PAF seems to be looking only for the F-16's.

PAF leadership has always, for unknown reasons, delayed the acquisition of a modern platform. Their mindset is stuck in some point defence strategy. Why is that so??? is a billion dollar question..I would hand over to our veteran @MastanKhan to enlighten us
Sir yeh kya kerdiya aap ny ,,, aab traitor traitor shuru ho jay ga ...

By the way this type of threads must be in hundreds now and I think we should understand that PAF is going for 5th generation directly and our main workhorse and front-line fighter is going to be thunder whereas deep strike and high-end role of Rafael handling will be done ... Apparently PAF is planning to get a qualitative edge by covering the numbers gap through thunder ...

Sweden will never sell combat aircraft to Pakistan. The request was turned down during the Musharaf era, thus the Grippen should not be mentioned.
You've also answered the question yourself brother i.e. money. If there is no money there will be no craft. If Pakistan had the cash they could have gone for a good order of Typhoons considering our (British) industry is literally begging for orders and the RAF have also suggested the aircraft to the PAF. Sadly the economy has been looted by oafs elected by the people, and military fans will continue to wish and look on.
Waz afaik Paf tested and refused typhoons back in 2006

Sir yeh kya kerdiya aap ny ,,, aab traitor traitor shuru ho jay ga ...

By the way this type of threads must be in hundreds now and I think we should understand that PAF is going for 5th generation directly and our main workhorse and front-line fighter is going to be thunder whereas deep strike and high-end role of Rafael handling will be done ... Apparently PAF is planning to get a qualitative edge by covering the numbers gap through thunder ...

I don't give a damn to such labels and what fanboys say. One must tell the truth and shatter the fragile and unrealistic dreams of kids on this forum and wake them up to the bitter reality so they do something if they can and survive.

I'm totally in favour of indigenous development of 5th gen A/C but there are few caveats to this approach. PAF is in dire need of an upgrade. Right now it is lagging behind any airforce in the region both in terms of quality and quantity. This program is late by at least two decades. Furthermore, Pakistan is starting with a huge handicap, how much experience PAF has of designing even a 4th gen A/C? JF17 was beyond the design stage when PAF joined it.

Look at Russia and China, with huge experience of designing multiple A/C, established aviation industry and a huge industrial base, deep budgets and skilled labour, it has taken them decades and still Russia has not been able to provide a production ready 5th A/C, China has though inducted J-20 but still it is a long way to go before China may be able to help PAF since it needs such birds itself in large numbers and still it is not comparable to F35, it will take a decade for China to catch up with the USA.

One of the best way for PAF now is to participate in J-31 program and channel the funds and resources in it to get the bird before the water is way above their heads.

The way PAF has started is ridiculous, right now they are starting with the human resource development, can you please tell me how many years will it take to get the right number of skilled people ready? bhai jaaan yeh truck ka batti ha, jo naswar pee kar aapke air chief ne qoam ko laga diya hai...

Is there a viable schedule with set timelines, and stop gap strategy taking into account the developments happening around us? The answer is a resounding 'No'.

Last edited:
Waz afaik Paf tested and refused typhoons back in 2006

The reason I can think of is that, maybe there is a change of heart in the PAF. Back in 2006 PAF wasn't even interested in twin engine jets as according to many in PAF the price and maintenance costs outweighed the benefits.
Plus the Typhoon became a true multi-role and swing role aircraft in tranche 3, the tranche 1 and 2 fighters were more of air to air superiority fighters.

It's a personal opinion and I may be wrong.

However, the interest rose a couple of years back but financial constraints hindered any further steps towards acquisition.

Sweden will never sell combat aircraft to Pakistan. The request was turned down during the Musharaf era, thus the Grippen should not be mentioned.
You've also answered the question yourself brother i.e. money. If there is no money there will be no craft. If Pakistan had the cash they could have gone for a good order of Typhoons considering our (British) industry is literally begging for orders and the RAF have also suggested the aircraft to the PAF. Sadly the economy has been looted by oafs elected by the people, and military fans will continue to wish and look on.
That's a diplomatic failure on behalf of Pakistan. Pakistan has never engaged Scandinavian countries. These are pretty neutral countries and respected all over the world for being most developed countries with high living standards, non-interference policy, stand for human rights etc. But I can't remember any state level exchanges between Pakistan and this region while they held a positive view of Pakistan especially since 60's but for unknown reasons Pakistan didn't engage with them. A massive failure.

Last edited:
I am not elder but I want to comment here lol.i think there is no strategic planning or roadmap to future when it comes to paf.we still stuck in defensive mindset where India attacks first and we repel.this is because of this defensive mindset,we have failed to acquire twin engine fighter jet.paf just wants f-16s because there are already maintenance facilities for f-16.twin engine fighter jets means maintenance cost as well.right now,China is best friend of Pakistan so we must persuade Russia for the sell of j-11s to Pakistan from china.we must change our mindset of India attacking first on us.we don't know what lies ahead.indian air Force is constantly updating it's fleet and they already operate at least 260 su-30.attacking fighters will always have advantage.we don't have enough sams to cover entire Indian border.there is a big problem and problem lies in strategic thinking of paf.a combination of j-11 and j-10 and acquisition of more sams will protect our border.

We have in our fleet planes like F-7PG, Mirage III & V, which should have been phased out approx. 10 years ago

If it was possible, it would have been done my friend.

For example :
I think a major upgradation is required for our F-16 planes.

... that depends on the good will of the USA, you know!
Pakistan needs a steady un-sanctionable plane and honestly,
the Thunder fits that bill more than the F-16s.

But money is a big problem at moment.

Which explains why the F-7/MIIIs and Vs are still here?

The only important thing is that the cost of war remains
too great for India. Who cares how it's achieved.

If the enemy is held at bay by those relics, hey gr8 news?

Have a great day, Tay.

Comparing Indian future planes vs Pakistan as expected and evident forecast till 2030
Rafale 36
Make in india 36 estimated
Sukhois 280
Migs29 70
Tejas 60 estimated
Mirages 50
Jaguar 100
Pakistan
F16 76
Jf17 200
Mirages 100
Any 4.5 gen 36 (if we decide now)
The balance is totally out like 2:1 including quality difference and i am expecting Indian economy would grow faster so they can buy more and can diversify more.
What are our chances of survival against any Indian threat, cause it will be a huge threat.
Forget the navy...

Yes Rafales on list for india but not made in india. And india has planned to developed approx. 100 single engines fighter planes in india with association of Saab or Lockheed Martin (things are under discussion).

No Chance Whatsoever!

And for Pakistan

You will find nothing of them uptill 2022.
Whatever it would be either gripen or viper India would have atleast 36 in their arsenal.
Secondly i dont see migs going anywhere. F16 and migs are in same category. If Pakistan can retain f16 why not Indian migs. Cant say about jags but it will be there for backup planes. Threat will be there.

Back
Top Bottom