What's new

Featured The Electronic Warfare (EW) suite for a Fighter Aircraft (EM and EO)

I am extremely impressed by the indigenous Turkish defence prowess. The quality of their products puts many NATO countries at the back foot. I am a strong supporter of Turkish inputs in many of our defence related products particularly our air force. A close cooperation in JF-17s, AZM and many other products is the need of the hour.
I'd like to see full fledged R&D, production etc.. centers of ASELSAN, ROKETSAN, HAVELSAN etc. in Pak. Moreover, TUBITAK (Turkish Science/Engineering Research Council) having close cooperation with the top Pak engineering schools...

Last edited:
Paf should seriously induct a new wing to counter abd jam enemy radars missiles etc

We have one facon system which is old a new awcs are not enough u have to jam enemy jets

We need growler like jets can be used in old mirages to jam enemy radars suppresion of missiles

MEHPOD from ASELSAN and TUBITAK are to be deployed by the next year Insha'Allah...

View attachment 660596
And, HAVASOJ, the aircrafts are being fitted with EW systems now, gives a total solution:

Are you an agent for Mehpod or Havasoj? This is about the 5th or 6th post in which you have projected these platforms. It gets a bit boring after a little while.
A

Are you an agent for Mehpod or Havasoj? This is about the 5th or 6th post in which you have projected these platforms. It gets a bit boring after a little while.
A
In fact, the more I repeat these achievements the better I feel!!! For, every time I am celebrating the achievements of the folks from my alma mater...

Hi is there a possibility of getting around between 6/12 deducted growler ( I’m not asking for F18) kind of fighter With twin engines possibly to do the job properly I’m sure maintaining few of these won’t be a headache for PAF to maintain if these 6/12 are enough for this kind of role
If possible to answer by someone with more knowledge on this issue
Thank you

Hi is there a possibility of getting around between 6/12 deducted growler ( I’m not asking for F18) kind of fighter With twin engines possibly to do the job properly I’m sure maintaining few of these won’t be a headache for PAF to maintain if these 6/12 are enough for this kind of role
If possible to answer by someone with more knowledge on this issue
Thank you

We should aim for 2-3 EW variants of the JF-17 per JF-17 squadron. Considering the nature of the air to air threat as well as the ground to air threats, 2-3 EW platforms per squadron will allow the Air Force to make EW a core capability to all missions and not a limited one for certain operations, such as swift retort and the DA-20 aircrafts.

I think the US Navy has a similar number of EW platforms per squadron but they probably have more fighter aircraft per squadron.

Turning all the Twin seat models into EW variants would probably be the best approach as the twin seater is said to be the basis for the Block III.

26 Fighter Squadrons; 2-3 per Squadron; 52-78 EW JF-17s; twin seaters with the three panel KLJ-7A radar and dedicated jamming pods.

Last edited:
The PAF also needs to work with the Chinese to develop their own version of the SPEAR-EW. This will be key to engaging enemy air defenses.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/new-electronic-warfare-version-of-spear-being-developed-for-typhoon/

We should study the development of the EW capabilities for the tranche 4 Eurofighters

Don't need to. Its a Leonardo project, we could try to buy it off the shelf or have Leonardo make a PAF version of it compatible with the JF-17 and her systems.

We should aim for 2-3 EW variants of the JF-17 per JF-17 squadron. Considering the nature of the air to air threat as well as the ground to air threats, 2-3 EW platforms per squadron will allow the Air Force to make EW a core capability to all missions and not a limited one for certain operations, such as swift retort and the DA-20 aircrafts.

I think the US Navy has a similar number of EW platforms per squadron but they probably have more fighter aircraft per squadron.

Turning all the Twin seat models into EW variants would probably be the best approach as the twin seater is said to be the basis for the Block III.

26 Fighter Squadrons; 2-3 per Squadron; 52-78 EW JF-17s; twin seaters with the three panel KLJ-7A radar and dedicated jamming pods.
Hi thanks for your detailed reply but what I’m thinking is coz of jf17 limited power with single engine & as you have mentioned yourself about DA20 so I think with twin engines and a dedicated only for EW variants will be more effective as to a single engine with couple of long range AMRAMM will be sufficient to dater any threat towards these EW variants
Specific to naval role these single engines variants for EW won’t work for long durations at the end with jf17 if they are having couple of extra fuel tanks will be another dilemma for this kind of variant
Thank you

Hi thanks for your detailed reply but what I’m thinking is coz of jf17 limited power with single engine & as you have mentioned yourself about DA20 so I think with twin engines and a dedicated only for EW variants will be more effective as to a single engine with couple of long range AMRAMM will be sufficient to dater any threat towards these EW variants
Specific to naval role these single engines variants for EW won’t work for long durations at the end with jf17 if they are having couple of extra fuel tanks will be another dilemma for this kind of variant
Thank you

your right, there is the issue of limited power from a small single engine fighter. Perhaps off the shelf J-16D dedicates EW platform would be a better option. Although, then you get a whole new type of aircraft that has to be maintained. The PAF should look into the J-31 for a EW variant, especially if equipped with the RD-93MA, planned engine for the Block III and in a similar class as the Growlers engines (slightly lower power) but more reliable then the AL-31 engines of the Sukhoi variants. Yes this is also a new type, but acquiring one squadron can go along way in developing the PAF future needs, and meeting the Rafale threat.

Depending on the mission they could be used as a EW platform with the pods on, a stealthy strike platform without the pods, and a naval strike platform due to its longer range and twin engines for safety.

Last edited:
Don't need to. Its a Leonardo project, we could try to buy it off the shelf or have Leonardo make a PAF version of it compatible with the JF-17 and her systems.
That’s another option too, if they are willing to sell it. If they don’t want to sell it, then we should approach the Chinese to co-develop/produce something similar.

What types of EW china is using and r they good enough at par with Usa jammers and what options does paf has of EW kits and pods

Back
Top Bottom