What's new

PAF Future Leading Aircraft

Amigator

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
We know that PAF is now facing lack of modern technology for future. We have in our fleet planes like F-7PG, Mirage III & V, which should have been phased out approx. 10 years ago. F-16 planes are though very good but in future we might see a problem in form of no genuine spare parts for replacement. JF-17 thunder planes are new and evolving but not to lead from front at the moment. In these scenario need for modern fighter planes has become more than essential. SO, my Topic is what should PAF do that actual need of department fulfil given a moderate budget of PAF.

I would request elders and experienced persons on this Platform to do participate in this thread.
@Zibago @The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight @war&peace @Dawood Ibrahim @Ulla @Signalian
@friendly_troll96
@Zarvan

We know that PAF is now facing lack of modern technology for future. We have in our fleet planes like F-7PG, Mirage III & V, which should have been phased out approx. 10 years ago. F-16 planes are though very good but in future we might see a problem in form of no genuine spare parts for replacement. JF-17 thunder planes are new and evolving but not to lead from front at the moment. In these scenario need for modern fighter planes has become more than essential. SO, my Topic is what should PAF do that actual need of department fulfil given a moderate budget of PAF.

I would request elders and experienced persons on this Platform to do participate in this thread.
@Zibago @The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight @war&peace @Dawood Ibrahim @Ulla @Signalian
@friendly_troll96
@Zarvan
It is good to know ELDERS ...:cheesy:

@friendly_troll96
@Zarvan
:(:(:(:(
I will not reply as only buddas (elders) are requested to reply

@friendly_troll96
@Zarvan
We should've gone for J10's it would've been a suitable replacement of F16 anyway time is gone what we should do now is work on JF 17 BLK3 and 4.

Because let's be honest any platform we buy from West will come with problems no 1 being sanctions on spare parts in war time as it happened previously, Russia ain't gonna sell SU 35's neither we've money to buy and maintain them so let's be realistic and upgrade JF17's and if situation is really desperate (which i don't think is) we can still get J10's.

If we able to get Saab Gripen 4.5th Gen. planes. Then we can wait for JF-17 thunder blk-3. Because it will take atleast 2 years for 1st block 3 plane. We can't hold uptill then. We need two or three squadrons of 4.5th gen planes within one year in fly away conditions as india did.

4.5 gen and 5th Gen are in sights with 2 caveats, 1 money and the other is will.

As far will is concern PAF is willfull. But money is a big problem at moment.

If we able to get Saab Gripen 4.5th Gen. planes. Then we can wait for JF-17 thunder blk-3. Because it will take atleast 2 years for 1st block 3 plane. We can't hold uptill then. We need two or three squadrons of 4.5th gen planes within one year in fly away conditions as india did.

Sweden will never sell combat aircraft to Pakistan. The request was turned down during the Musharaf era, thus the Grippen should not be mentioned.
You've also answered the question yourself brother i.e. money. If there is no money there will be no craft. If Pakistan had the cash they could have gone for a good order of Typhoons considering our (British) industry is literally begging for orders and the RAF have also suggested the aircraft to the PAF. Sadly the economy has been looted by oafs elected by the people, and military fans will continue to wish and look on.

Last edited:
You can't keep precious pearls in house if you don't have good guards. Pakistan might have funding issues for procuring a 5th Gen platform but it must do so earliest if it does not want the unfriendly neighbors to come spoil the economic show for us. An investment in defense now will ensure we continue to reap good results from our economy.

That said, I think the delay caused had been a blessing in disguise as we have survived without jumping on to a 4/4.5 gen system. So, instead of jumping on to a 4/4.5 gen system a decade ago, Pakistan can now set its eyes on a 5th gen one. Good lobbying coupled with will can ensure we get systems capable of staying relevant for a couple of more decades. And remember, those decades will be the periods where we will reap benefits of all the good things on economic front so we must acquire sooner to ensure safer future.

It is good to know ELDERS ...:cheesy:

Money was never an issue for PAF. They always had money. Do you know that they donated the money for airplanes in earthquake fund after the earthquake of Oct 8, 2005. Now that money didn't bring a single person back to life and the world poured a lot of money to help the affected anyway.

But idiot air chief of PAF compromised the air defence of the nation of 200 million people. Most probably that money went into the pockets of the corrupt politicians, bureaucrats and military officers instead of the victims as most of the aid ended up in the pockets of ministers and the aforementioned group. So bro, money has not been a problem. It is the will and mindset that's the culprit.

Last edited:
Sometime it's a feeling that elders in blue uniforms are not serious or may be they don't want to be serious.

Back
Top Bottom