What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
71 Pakistan was wrong in World stage, we were cause of a Civil war and Bangli's were dying including our soldiers, it was pre-destined war which we will lose eventually , but today Pakistan is strong , we have nukes , we have powerful leadership and Army .China has invested around 70+ billion dollars (unofficial) . and just as America trying to raise India to counter China, why do you think China will let go any opportunity to demoralize Indian by Providing help to Pakistan ?
And nukes are not like mortars or fighter jets for everyday use. They are more like a souvenir in a showcase hoping never to be used and to deter and fend off an invader that we are not a sweet pie but a tough nut to swallow. They would never be used unless our conventional forces are dessimated, all is doomed, the very existence of state is at stake and only then there maybe a decision to go MAD(Mutually Assured Destruction) at enemy.
China always supported Pakistan and that's also serves the Chinese state interests as well. They invested here when nobody wanna even visit here. They would help us in every manner but boots on ground is another matter which China never committed to do unless we sign a pact or alliance with each other something like NATO etc. Supplies, intelligence, humanitarian aid, clandestine Ops all are on table but boots on ground or battleships under Chinese flag is not gonna happen. But again I may say Chinese ship with Pakistani sailors and Pakistani flag on it could definitely be done. I hope you got my point. Thanks

Interesting if it’s true. I’ll wait for official confirmation, but I won’t bet on it. :D

Dude, it is sad that Pakistan had spilt a lot of blood over the years for stupid causes.That being said, if you look at the Geopolitics of this neighborhood. You will see that Pakistan needs to be involved because it is surrounded by enemies. For example, if Pakistan did not intervene in soviet invasion of Afghanistan then Pakistan would have been left isolated and we might not have nuclear weapons. There is good and bad to every situation. We have been given a prime location geographically but we have to sacrifice to keep that location. Either way, Pakistan has allied itself with the winning side and continues to do that.
It's a great injustice and misconception when people say that we fought the Soviet Union in Afghanistan at the behest of the West when the truth is that we were already fighting the Soviets before the Americans decided to jump on the bandwagon as payback for Vietnam. The fact that we have essentially done the same to the US without the help of a superpower while literally being impoverished should give people a clue.

Well, US $125 Million is TST contract and does not involve Block-70 upgrade or purchase at all. That is not very hard to understand as both subjects are differently discussed on PDF.

Thank You and I understand the difference.

The thread is about a proposed sale and upgrades to the existing fleet. All conjecture at the moment and doesn't take into account our financial situation hence my reason for posting the tweet which mentions the cost.

I respect the poster but this thread is premature at best.

Dude, it is sad that Pakistan had spilt a lot of blood over the years for stupid causes.That being said, if you look at the Geopolitics of this neighborhood. You will see that Pakistan needs to be involved because it is surrounded by enemies. For example, if Pakistan did not intervene in soviet invasion of Afghanistan then Pakistan would have been left isolated and we might not have nuclear weapons. There is good and bad to every situation. We have been given a prime location geographically but we have to sacrifice to keep that location. Either way, Pakistan has allied itself with the winning side and continues to do that.
And now it's time for the east to win. The days of western influence are counted. It's good to switch towards east with steady approach.
And again we have every right to be furious to our rulers that despite all that prime geopolitical location and enormous treasures and weather's Allah has bestowed upon us, we were unable to fetch enough favour and fortunes from all those blessings due to their sheer incompetence, malified intentions and corruption. Due to the factors mentioned the opportunity given to us turned to a plague of terrorism, illetracy and poverty instead of prosperity and showers of blessings upon us.

The thread is about a proposed sale and upgrades to the existing fleet. All conjecture at the moment and doesn't take into account our financial situation hence my reason for posting the tweet which mentions the cost.

My take is U guys don't read the tweets proper just jump the gun.

Almost everyone agrees to wait for some more & official hint in this regard. As the Forum means to discuss possibilities with logic and provide substantive arguments to back up; hence, we have an open discussion. Nobody says that it is already mature or confirmed, even the OP as far as I can read and understand. So it comes to the posters credibility in regard to his/her knowledge on specific matters involving his/her status as well as attachments into relative field. But still, PDF Management did not certify the same and left it to discuss.

Your agreement or disagreement is right and there is no harm to say that.

Regards,

And now it's time for the east to win. The days of western influence are counted. It's good to switch towards east with steady approach.
And again we have every right to be furious to our rulers that despite all that prime geopolitical location and enormous treasures and weather's Allah has bestowed upon us, we were unable to fetch enough favour and fortunes from all those blessings due to their sheer incompetence, malified intentions and corruption. Due to the factors mentioned the opportunity given to us turned to a plague of terrorism, illetracy and poverty instead of prosperity and showers of blessings upon us.

Thats true, I agree with you. But look Pakistan is not even 100 years old and every country has gone through corruption and poor leadership in the past. Pakistan is certainly not immune to that and you could even argue that in this day and age it shouldn't have to take this long. But the world works on hope and inshallah we will get here.

Our greatest geographic assets are also our greatest curse.
It's a double edged sword.
We have suffered the negatives, I hope we can harvest the positives.

This seems more plausible.

The Americans may let Pakistan have our say in Afghanistan but India is an important cog in the wheel in its "Indo-Pacific" strategy.

With China already way ahead of India in the 5th generation game, F-35 will be presented to India as a good counter.

India can also balance its S-400 and Rafael purchase with a F-35 deal to assuage the Americans.
F35 sorry dude

this is the main reason and our continued limitation.
if and when we nail this capability, both countries will benefit

and now we have former PMLN speaker Ayaz Sadiq asking for Article 6 on Imran that he "confessed" (alleged) to Fox news that it was ISI assistance to CIA that helped in OBL raid (i.e giving information about the suspicious courier as a person of interest in Pakistan) that CIA was already tracking and used this information to confirm his link with OBL. either he was being smart *** (sugesting ISI never helped CIA and Imran cant take credit for Pakistan, OR as if ISI did something wrong thats Noonie logic for you).

Hi,

That information was already admitted by the then President Asif Zardari in an op-ed piece---I believe in a US news paper at that time---.

Our greatest geographic assets are also our greatest curse.
It's a double edged sword.
We have suffered the negatives, I hope we can harvest the positives.
Agree with U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom