What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
- CLOSE THE THREAD -
- CLOSE THE THREAD -

- CLOSE THE THREAD -

That's all that seems to be on everyone's mind - or so it may seem for some.

What I fail to understand is why is this Topic such a bother for those...

a. The F-16's are coming.
b. The F-16's are NOT coming.
c. Not confirmed if F-16's are coming.
d. Used F-16 are coming...maybe not coming.
e. Afghan Peace Process collapsed - so most certainly not coming.
f. ...no wait, John Bolton FIRED - so its a positive sign that they're still coming.

Clearly its one of the most trending Topics we have (currently). I thought the basic purpose of PDF was discussion, expressing your views, opinions and the occasional banter.

Here it feels out right demands to please a few voices. Its a clickable option, people. No one is forcing you to open the page. Just ignore it how I ignore the Topic: ************ and move on*.

What's really sad is that (some) come, read...all the posts and then go...
- CLOSE THE THREAD -
- CLOSE THE THREAD -

- CLOSE THE THREAD -

a lite term for a rather vulgar thought - not be expressed on PDF.

If it happens it happens will take 1-2 years of negotiation no doubt , if it happens

Agreed about the conditions on any incoming Vipers.

What I am trying to say though is....besides the obvious advantage of the logisitics behind more F-16.....is there any SIGNIFICANT capability differences between a J-10C and a Block 72 F-16?

Clearly Pakistan is being jerked around by the US which is only amplified more so by this administrations utter dysfunction and incompetence as well as the internal turmoil vis a vis Trump's people and deep state.

But why should Pakistan be held hostage to unclear US intentions in Afghanistan.

Why not throw a wrench into Washington's equations and induct the J-10C.

Even the realistic prospect of such a thing might light a fire under Uncle Sam's a##.

Skeptical of any new F16s even if the Afghan deal is reached… as signing a piece of paper and implementation are two different things (and Pak is easily blamed) but time will tell. Not sure about J10s but Paf has evaluated it and they may prefer F16s avionics in addition to other factors. They seem more confident in capabilities of future blocks of JF17s than whats on paper/advertised publicly which is another factor in decision making. Obviously not all capabilities are public; at least one would think so.

- CLOSE THE THREAD -
- CLOSE THE THREAD -
- CLOSE THE THREAD -

That's all that seems to be on everyone's mind - or so it may seem for some.

What I fail to understand is why is this Topic such a bother for those...

a. The F-16's are coming.
b. The F-16's are NOT coming.
c. Not confirmed if F-16's are coming.
d. Used F-16 are coming...maybe not coming.
e. Afghan Peace Process collapsed - so most certainly not coming.
f. ...no wait, John Bolton FIRED - so its a positive sign that they're still coming.

Clearly its one of the most trending Topics we have (currently). I thought the basic purpose of PDF was discussion, expressing your views, opinions and the occasional banter.

Here it feels out right demands to please a few voices. Its a clickable option, people. No one is forcing you to open the page. Just ignore it how I ignore the Topic: ************ and move on*.

What's really sad is that (some) come, read...all the posts and then go...
- CLOSE THE THREAD -
- CLOSE THE THREAD -
- CLOSE THE THREAD -

a lite term for a rather vulgar thought - not be expressed on PDF.

For those whose hemeroids itch so bad then why do you even come on this thread?

Afghan problem does not go away with the signing of the "Deal." There will be implementation challenges, milestones to be met, alignment of all factions of Taliabn to adhere to the deal, sabotage by the Afghan Government, Indian and Iranian maneuvering, the list goes on.

If one looks at the deals being contemplated on this thread and their long delivery timelines and the above scenario, anything and all from the above noted challenges can derail the ordering, production, & delivery of the goods in question.

Afghan problem does not go away with the signing of the "Deal." There will be implementation challenges, milestones to be met, alignment of all factions of Taliabn to adhere to the deal, sabotage by the Afghan Government, Indian and Iranian maneuvering, the list goes on.

If one looks at the deals being contemplated on this thread and their long delivery timelines and the above scenario, anything and all from the above noted challenges can derail the ordering, production, & delivery of the goods in question.
then the good news is we are not just looked at from afghan prism.
we have soo much more to play with

i respect u soo much but i beg to differ
soo kuch is going on behind scenes
Let us see. time is a measure of achievement. Frankly better to stay away from f-16s. Focus on Blk 3 and next Gen.

Let us see. time is a measure of achievement. Frankly better to stay away from f-16s. Focus on Blk 3 and next Gen.
Or better get A-Darter along with a an HMS and do a BVR JV with SA.

Yes it is available; as noted Pak leadership needs to push for this engagement.
I can't find any Ans for not doing JV's with SA.Even a lay man like me knows that we would gain pounds by spending pennies in these JV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom